Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs LA Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THE STADIUM.

OR ELSE.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Those wanting Allen back in the game are likely failing to get what seems abundantly clear, Alex Smith being the starter was the plan.  There have already been reports he was the best looking QB during camp & OTAs, despite still working back from the injury.  He was the sharpest and best passer, but he needed time.

Once Rivera benched Haskins, Kyle Allen was really just meant to be a placeholder why Smith got more reps.  Rivera knows who Kyle Allen is too, make no mistake about it.  It's Kyle Allen.  The injury today accelerated the process, as I don't think Alex Smith was meant to take over for another week or so, but there is no way you can honestly say Rivera felt a healthy Alex Smith was a less good option than Kyle Allen.

The Rams were going to embarrasses this WFT today regardless of who was at QB. Just how it is.  Smith coming in when he did, and Rivera sticking with him seems to be Rivera's way of getting him some game time reps, getting his game legs under him, and then making sure he gets the 1st team reps during the week going into the NFC East games coming up.  

I can't disagree with this.

2 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

another instance of having a 3rd stringer anywhere else, start for us. another position we knew going into the season where we didnt have starting quality

So much changed for the better except the talent level in this franchise. 

This game is a scream for help. 

Just now, Fred Jones said:

If Smith is given the ball this week, Rivera wants to win now and not stay in evaluation mode.

If Smith starts, and Allen is healthy, I don't know what Rivera is thinking. Smith isn't a win now move. Not with this offense. He is a guy that can make a decent team look good with decisions. He isn't a guy that can make a bad team look good. And never has been. That's never been his MO. 

I love Smith. I liked him a lot when he became the QB (His trade cost and contract weren't good, but the player itself I loved). I think he lifted the talent on that team. 

But for this team, next week, I'd rather see Steven Montez than Alex Smith starting under center. 

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Aaron Donald is evidence as to why a monster in the middle of the line is the real difference maker.  No disrespect to Chase Young I think he is really good and in a season or two is going to be everything we hoped for, but the story that is not being talked about is how the combo of Allen & Payne are just not getting it done at the level they were being hyped at.  I understand Aaron Donald is a once in a generation talent but Washington spent 3-4 offseason simply drafting Alabama players as if they wouldn't skip a beat in the NFL, yet they have pretty much settled into being JAG-level players.  I think between Young, Sweat, Kerrigan, and Ionnadis our pass rushers are good enough, but that middle of the D-line does not disrupt the pocket very much.

Aaron Donald is arguably one of the top 3 defensive players in all of football.  Not surprised he's abusing us and it's part of the reason I'm not as critical about our OL's performance today.   I do think we should have made some adjustments so he's not lined up one-on-one but that's a different post.  I personally think the line needs some additional talent but not blaming them for Aaron Donald looking like Aaron Donald out there.  I agree with you that inside pressure can make more of a difference than pressure on the edges but I don't think it's fair to call Allen and Payne JAGs based on Donald's play.  They aren't All Pros but I think they are more than JAGs.  Especially Payne.  

Just now, Yng Lady88 said:

yea, i hope we flip this entire team with all that salary cap. 

and i hate this "we have a really good chance to win with 6 game stretch" bull**** Rivera peddled out there and now the media is regurgitating. with what team?!

I love it!

1 minute ago, cougs said:

So you would rather lose like this every week. At least the offense look like it was getting better under Haskins. It still wasn’t good but better than this crap we are seeing today.  

Not sure if you heard but Haskins was sick today so we were getting this either way! Right? 

And I don’t think the offense would look much better with Haskins, no. I think this has been a combo of the Rams D blowing us up, the rain, and Rivera sticking with Alex once he got in. I think we probably would look better with Allen to be honest, he’s the guy who took all the reps, he’s comfortable, he has some legs on him. Alex is rusty as hell and requires a certain game script to really thrive even in the best of times.

Either way we get beaten badly by this Rams team, and Rivera seems sure Haskins is not his franchise QB. So what’s the difference. 

Archived