Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs LA Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THE STADIUM.

OR ELSE.

This team is going to lose the fans. As you can see, the Alex Smith comeback story was only exciting a few minutes going into the halftime. Its quite boring and painful to watch, might have to start planning my Sunday around something other than football.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If they don’t think he’s got it though why waste the time with Haskins.

Kyle is probably the biggest wildcard of the 3.

With Alex, he’s mostly a dink and dunk QB, similar to Haskins this season but I think he’s more accurate and the better leader.

I was really looking forward to seeing Allen and he didn't even get a chance.  Alex Smith IMO is Dwayne Haskins but with accuracy.

1 minute ago, Fred Jones said:

Seriously, Terry was open, Smith if you can't hit Terry deep, just go home.

He hasn’t thrown a live pass in like 750 days. It wasn’t a wild air ball lol, much better QBs have similarly frustrating overthrows every single week. We need to dial them up more

I HATE to be put in a situation where I’m “defending” Smith because I didn’t want him on this roster at all and never wanted to see him play here again, despite how good his story is now. Yet here I am. 

Just now, redskins59 said:

The truth is that Mclaurin would have 100 yards if Haskins was playing.

You cannot deny that Haskins had better chemistry with him.

He did have good chemistry with McLaurin. Agreed.

The weather plays a role, but McLaurin would probably be having a better game with Haskins OR Allen in.

Smith doesn't have it right now. Lots of rust, age and an injury. 

Just now, redskins59 said:

The truth is that Mclauron would have 100 yards if Haskins was playing.

You cannot deny that Haskins had better chemistry with him.

But Haskins wouldn’t be playing because he’s sick.

I’m fine with riding with Haskins or Allen. Seeing if there is anything with either. Alex is a great story, but it makes no sense to play him.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

lol at the idea that benching Haskins means Rivera lost sight of this being a rebuilding year. He knows exactly what it is and doesn’t think Haskins deserves to be a part of it, the way he’s working. He only said the “reason” is because they can win now to be a nice guy and soften the blow because he couldn’t just say “Haskins will continue to suck in unfixable ways until he listens and watches more tape while drilling proper mechanics tens of thousands of times”.

Really? You really believe this? 

Who did we evauate today? Could we evaluate Gibson? JMC? Wright? TMac? We are getting out buts whipped because Rivera threw Haskins under the bus and decided to go with a worse QB in Allen and a hurt guy in Smith. 

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Have to agree.  Apparently the “this move is all about getting Alex ready” rumor had some legs.  

I think it’s also important to see Alex in that if we are going a different direction at QB next year and we don’t get Fields or Lawrence then Alex may end up being the short term starter.

Archived