Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs LA Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THE STADIUM.

OR ELSE.

Just now, Yng Lady88 said:

i believe they already confirmed he was cleared to return but Rivera was continuing with Smith

I am hoping it will come out that he wasn’t confident in his health after that hit. That would be the only thing that would make sense. Ron has done a lot this year that is mind-boggling.

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

Really? You really believe this? 

Who did we evauate today? Could we evaluate Gibson? JMC? Wright? TMac? We are getting out buts whipped because Rivera threw Haskins under the bus and decided to go with a worse QB in Allen and a hurt guy in Smith. 

You can't draw a conclusion on Allen. For a guy who said Haskins didn't get enough time, a quarter and a half from Allen (not even) is not enough to say he's a worse QB than Haskins.

It's probably fair to say neither of them are the guy moving forward.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

I think it’s also important to see Alex in that if we are going a different direction at QB next year and we don’t get Fields or Lawrence then Alex may end up being the short term starter.

His contract is designed so next year is the year we can cut him

Aaron Donald is evidence as to why a monster in the middle of the line is the real difference maker.  No disrespect to Chase Young I think he is really good and in a season or two is going to be everything we hoped for, but the story that is not being talked about is how the combo of Allen & Payne are just not getting it done at the level they were being hyped at.  I understand Aaron Donald is a once in a generation talent but Washington spent 3-4 offseason simply drafting Alabama players as if they wouldn't skip a beat in the NFL, yet they have pretty much settled into being JAG-level players.  I think between Young, Sweat, Kerrigan, and Ionnadis our pass rushers are good enough, but that middle of the D-line does not disrupt the pocket very much.

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

For all of his dink and dunking, Alex has won a lot of games in the league.  

The counter point to that is he’s been benched and discarded twice as well. 

Ive pushed him to be the starter so in the context of this team am more that cool with Alex.  But yeah he’s been a really conservative Qb for most of his career. I am not breaking ground on that point.

i think though for Alex to win with this team it can’t be about shootouts and comebacks but instead by gaining leads and having the other units play well too. He isn’t Drew Brees where he can typically play toe to toe with a prolific qb in a shootout 

13 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Ok so here is where we disagree.  For today’s game I think Allen gives us the best chance to win.  You think Alex does.
Allen took all first team reps and back up reps all year.   Alex is seeing the field for the first time in two years.  Mute point now.  Neither QB can bring us back at this point.  

Fair, and the bold would be mine.  This is about rest of the season, no matter how good or bad that ends up.

Archived