Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs LA Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THE STADIUM.

OR ELSE.

Just now, KDawg said:

You can't draw a conclusion on Allen. For a guy who said Haskins didn't get enough time, a quarter and a half from Allen (not even) is not enough to say he's a worse QB than Haskins.

It's probably fair to say neither of them are the guy moving forward.

I don't think that last statement is true because of the first. We don't know about Allen or Haskins. Rivera gave the 5000 reps statement and neither has that many so we need to see what we have, but based on their resumes and their skillsets Haskins is a better QB than Allen. 

8 minutes ago, Apollian said:

Not really,  the whole point of Haskins being the starter is the you groom him. He needed reps, what I've seen today shows me that Haskins might as well be playing. At least he'll continue to pick up the system and keep drives going. Right now, we're not even moving the ball, and Scary Terry isn't even in the game, with Haskins in there, Terry is a threat. 

I think we just need to realize that Haskins is likely done with this team, for better or worse. Rivera and co clearly don't think he's starting material and I doubt they see him as a long term answer. And the way Haskins has seemingly reacted (unfollowing the team, etc) sort of seems to seal the deal.

Our long term QB is almost certainly not on this team right now. Alex Smith is a good story but he's old and rusty and wasn't that great of a QB to begin with if we're being honest. Allen is mediocre. They might try to roll with Allen I suppose, depending on how he finishes out the season. 

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Really? You really believe this? 

Who did we evauate today? Could we evaluate Gibson? JMC? Wright? TMac? We are getting out buts whipped because Rivera threw Haskins under the bus and decided to go with a worse QB in Allen and a hurt guy in Smith. 

Rivera should focus on his health and let Del Rio run the ship. No shame in that. I’ve seen enough 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You can't draw a conclusion on Allen. For a guy who said Haskins didn't get enough time, a quarter and a half from Allen (not even) is not enough to say he's a worse QB than Haskins.

It's probably fair to say neither of them are the guy moving forward.

Didnt you see how bad Allen was last year? After game 4 he fell apart 

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

Really? You really believe this? 

Who did we evauate today? Could we evaluate Gibson? JMC? Wright? TMac? We are getting out buts whipped because Rivera threw Haskins under the bus and decided to go with a worse QB in Allen and a hurt guy in Smith. 

All of our QBs stink. A guy like Rivera is not gonna continue to start Haskins if he’s not putting in the film work, period. The mechanics issues, missed throws and lack of accuracy (do not spout 70% to me one more time, you know what I’m talking about) are one thing. Not putting in the work is another. We can lose just as easily with any of these QBs, the roster is horrid and we don’t have any genius coaches to compensate in the way that some rare guys can. I don’t care how young he is, you can’t develop a guy who is just going through the motions every week, never mind what it does to the locker room when the players start to take notice. 

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Wish I had some gutters. Lucky.  

Is there a bigger disappointment than the defense today?

Um... We have less than 100 net yards of offense. I'd say it's pretty competitive as to which units sucks the largest pair of testicles.

Just now, carex said:

His contract is designed so next year is the year we can cut him

We can, but we don’t necessarily have to. It’s an 8 million dollar difference between his cap hit and his dead cap hit so unless you’re getting a better Vet QB for 8 mil you may as well keep him if he’s adequate for the rest of the year.

Archived