Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs LA Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THE STADIUM.

OR ELSE.

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I didn't mention anything about Peterson/Barber.

I responded to a post about Kyle.

I understand. I wasn’t coming at you. I’m just upset this wasn’t a foreseeable  result and Peterson with Smith had a nice run before.

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

he mechanics issues, missed throws and lack of accuracy (do not spout 70% to me one more time, you know what I’m talking about) are one thing. Not putting in the work is another.

You may not want to hear it but the 70% stat bears repeating because it showed he can move the ball in this offense. Maybe he has problems with his mechanics but he was getting into a groove with this offense. His fundamentals need work but thats offseason stuff and we had a COVID offseason so he didn't get to work on that with coaches. But our offense has NEVER looked this bad in one of his starts. I will also say that I think had Allen stayed in I think we would look better. Smith is just done. 

But the question becomes do you want a hard working guy who can't play any more or a guy with all the talent in the world that you've got to work with. We see what Rivera's choice was (I'm ignoring Allen here because I don't have a problem with Allen but its a question of who the backup should be). He chose Smith because he wanted the experienced vet who works hard, but who cares if dude can't avoid a rush and can't throw a ball farther than 15 yards. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

If Smith starts, and Allen is healthy, I don't know what Rivera is thinking. Smith isn't a win now move. Not with this offense. He is a guy that can make a decent team look good with decisions. He isn't a guy that can make a bad team look good. And never has been. That's never been his MO. 

I love Smith. I liked him a lot when he became the QB (His trade cost and contract weren't good, but the player itself I loved). I think he lifted the talent on that team. 

But for this team, next week, I'd rather see Steven Montez than Alex Smith starting under center. 

Good god, we’re now advocating for Steven Montez 

1 minute ago, carex said:

our local media sucks

Sorry Rivera sucks right now. He should take a step back and do a self scout. Again I know he is going through a lot and perhaps should give the reigns to Del Rio until he is full strength. What I am seeing now is a team that looks WORSE than it did at the end of 2019. Why is Thomas Davis on the field. How could you possibly continue to trot Troy Apke out there? The QB drama. It’s all a freaking circus.

2 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

yea, i hope we flip this entire team with all that salary cap. 

and i hate this "we have a really good chance to win with 6 game stretch" bull**** Rivera peddled out there and now the media is regurgitating. with what team?!

He was just channeling his inner Larry Michael. 

Just now, max21 said:

Good god, we’re now advocating for Steven Montez 

Take a step back. I'm not advocating for him.

If the situation occurs that Allen is not going to play, I'd rather see Montez than Smith. Can see if there is ANYTHING there, and he's a young guy that can be evaluated.

Don't make more of my statement than it was. 

Archived