Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs LA Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THE STADIUM.

OR ELSE.

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

I actually LOVE Alex. I just don’t think it makes any sense to play him. 

Fair enough.  The team is a mess right now and I don't know the best decision at QB going forward either.  But I don't think we should judge Alex Smith off of his first game back from a horrific injury down by two scores in the rain.  If we are moving away from Haskins I think Smith deserves a fair shot to take the starting job back.  

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I also don't understand what's so confusing about Haskins being benched.  A young QB that thinks he is too good to have to put in the work in the film room and actually learning the offense.  Does that sound familiar to you?  We went through this before.  At least RG3 gave us 1 magical season of thinking he could be something more.  At least he was having the kind of success as a rookie where the ego might be slightly justified.  What has Haskins ever done on a football field at the NFL level to make him think he can start slacking in the other areas of development?  What do you do in Rivera's position if you have to sit there and witness the QB slack off and not take preparation and development seriously?  Play him anyway?  How is that changing the culture?  That makes it sound like RG3-Snyder all over again.

The not putting the work in is all conjecture and media bull crap. I judge by what I see on the field. Not a bunch of media BS. What I saw on the field today from QB8, QB11, and OC1 was clown show. I’ll give Allen credit that he battled and ran one in the end zone but other than that the offense was inept. Thanks Ron and Scott. Thanks

i feel bad because a small part of me wants us to lose to the 0-5 (because they will lose today) Giants next week to really bring the complete doom and gloom and utter meltdowns to town. it's kind of already here and it's not like we're not familiar with the feeling for decades. 

i dont even know what to make of this game today. defense and oline both looked jv and our qb situation is one of the saddest "qb controversies" ever. neither really take us anywhere. it's like i cant stop watching this car crash. 

interested in Rivera's post-game comments because ive really been confused by a lot of his comments/decisions in the pas 2-3 weeks. 

1 minute ago, WilberMarshall said:

Now that we have gotten QB11 some real game snaps, can we go back to the evaluation process and give QB7 and QB8 snaps.

This can't be the "They know the offense" that we have been promised.

Oh, the D was completely MANURE!

,I think right now our QB evaluation process should mostly be watching plenty of Clemson, North Dakota State, and Ohio State games. Also throw in some Florida and BYU.

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

That’s true. And it was a lot of smoke and mirrors, let’s be honest. Again, I like him, but the team is rebuilding and it makes way more sense to see if Allen or Haskins have something. 

The game he got hurt in, I thought he was actually  benched (he was playing that badly) before the replayed showed him getting injured.  That season had a Zorn '08 feel to it.

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

Your hero QB is a child who called in "sick" instead of being on the ****ing sideline with his teammates. But keep beating that dead horse that Haskins isn't a problem. The rest of us really enjoy your posts. 

That is an exaggerated response lol but expected. I called it last week that scapegoating Haskins was weak when our team is bad, and today without him there, we couldn't blame him. The way Rivera and the fans were talking, Haskins was holding the team back. Today our offense looked worse. Mind you I have defended scapegoats here for decades lol it's not about Haskins. 

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Take a step back. I'm not advocating for him.

If the situation occurs that Allen is not going to play, I'd rather see Montez than Smith. Can see if there is ANYTHING there, and he's a young guy that can be evaluated.

Don't make more of my statement than it was. 

Agreed. “Mountain Montez” flashes serious ability on his highlight reel. Very improvisational with touch and a strong arm.

It looks like Alex and our oline is a fatal combination. I’d much rather see Montez who can create when things break down than Smith if Kyle can’t play.

2 minutes ago, megared said:

The whole appeal of the guy is in having his dad onboard...and Ron chose not to hire him smh.  

Here’s the other thing. We beat the Ron Rivera Panthers last year with Haskins and KOC as the OC with Scott Turner as the Panthers OC and Kyle Allen as the QB. Cost Ron his job. Then Ron comes here and hires Scott Turner over KOC as OC??? Thought that was a big mistake. KOC got more from nothing than what we’re see now from Scott. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'll say this, too.

I'd rather Haskins come back and start than Alex Smith. If Haskins and Rivera can sit down and talk to each other about what happened, and both come together, I'd MUCH rather see Haskins in there than Smith under center next week.

Order of current preference:

Allen (See if we have a backup for next year)

Haskins (If he can admit his faults, mean it, and move forward)

Montez (See if there's ANYTHING there)

Smith (As a backup this year I'm fine with him. But he's got a ton of rust and has never been a guy that makes something out of nothing)

to be as uninterested in Haskins as they seem to be, he may just not have a skill set they like

1 minute ago, MAATopDogg said:

Here’s the other thing. We beat the Ron Rivera Panthers last year with Haskins and KOC as the OC with Scott Turner as the Panthers OC and Kyle Allen as the QB. Cost Ron his job. Then Ron comes here and hires Scott Turner over KOC as OC??? Thought that was a big mistake. KOC got more from nothing than what we’re see now from Scott. 

Bingo!!!

3 minutes ago, pico926 said:

The not putting the work in is all conjecture and media bull crap. I judge by what I see on the field. Not a bunch of media BS. What I saw on the field today from QB8, QB11, and OC1 was clown show. I’ll give Allen credit that he battled and ran one in the end zone but other than that the offense was inept. Thanks Ron and Scott. Thanks

If you think the QB was a clown show, you might want to give a nickname to the 5 guys in front of the QB attempting to "block" for the QB.

Archived