Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs LA Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THE STADIUM.

OR ELSE.

So if you want to look on the bright side, I’ll give it to you:

1. the coaching staff has already made up its mind on QB.  So they are evaluating QBs right now because they know most likely the opening day starter next year is not on the roster.  That was a big thing they were trying to figure out this year and it’s done. 

2. They have a ton of cap space.  They have enough space to fill in a lot of pieces all at once if they want to.  

3. there is going to be no illusion as to how good the LBs and safeties are.  When they go up against even moderate talent they’re cooked.

They need a huge infusion of talent.  We all knew this.  They knew this. 

So now they know.  And they will have the assets necessary between the draft and cap space to do something about it if they want to.

This feels like one of those December games where the playoffs have been out of reach for over a month. Depressing.

Alex is a great story, but he looks done. Can't move and has nothing on his throws.

Kyle gives Rivera the best chance to evaluate the rest of the offense.

Trade Haskins this week, call up Montez, and make Alex the backup until Montez is closer to ready.

1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

Couldn't even move the ball against the Rams soft prevent defense lol Rivera owes our scapegoat an apology. 

Your hero QB is a child who called in "sick" instead of being on the ****ing sideline with his teammates. But keep beating that dead horse that Haskins isn't a problem. The rest of us really enjoy your posts. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not sure if you heard but Haskins was sick today so we were getting this either way! Right? 

And I don’t think the offense would look much better with Haskins, no. I think this has been a combo of the Rams D blowing us up, the rain, and Rivera sticking with Alex once he got in. I think we probably would look better with Allen to be honest, he’s the guy who took all the reps, he’s comfortable, he has some legs on him. Alex is rusty as hell and requires a certain game script to really thrive even in the best of times.

Either way we get beaten badly by this Rams team, and Rivera seems sure Haskins is not his franchise QB. So what’s the difference. 

Once again you are convinced that Haskins is A bust. So no argument will change your mind. I just think that none of our quarterbacks are good right now, so why not put Haskins in and see what happens. He was at least moving the ball down the field.

Allen looked competent for a little bit, but he wasn’t exactly making things happen with his arm. If we’re never going to throw downfield, or beyond 5 yards for that matter, why don’t we start Gibson as our QB? We clearly need someone who can just run away from defensive linemen.

1 minute ago, carex said:

Smith had us in the division lead before he got hurt

That’s true. And it was a lot of smoke and mirrors, let’s be honest. Again, I like him, but the team is rebuilding and it makes way more sense to see if Allen or Haskins have something. 

13 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

interesting. thought i heard the commentary team quote McVay saying having KOC takes so much weight off his shoulders. whomever it is, they're calling a helluva game and sticking it to their former team. 

Whatever they say, it’s McVay’s offense.  He was calling plays.  He was yelled at week one because he was pulling his mask down while he was calling plays.

I'll say this, too.

I'd rather Haskins come back and start than Alex Smith. If Haskins and Rivera can sit down and talk to each other about what happened, and both come together, I'd MUCH rather see Haskins in there than Smith under center next week.

Order of current preference:

Allen (See if we have a backup for next year)

Haskins (If he can admit his faults, mean it, and move forward)

Montez (See if there's ANYTHING there)

Smith (As a backup this year I'm fine with him. But he's got a ton of rust and has never been a guy that makes something out of nothing)

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Whatever they say, it’s McVay’s offense.  He was calling plays.  He was yelled at week one because he was pulling his mask down while he was calling plays.

Kevin is not designing the offense or calling plays. He’s the QB coach and has taken some stuff off Sean’s plate. Also, the three of them go out and crush chicks on the weekends (outside and with masks on of course).

Archived