Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs LA Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THE STADIUM.

OR ELSE.

IMO, Rivera does want to win, but is in evaluation mode which is the only reason why he left Smith in there vs the Rams and could've gotten Smith killed again.  The division may be in ear shot, but that's not realistic.  They need have massive holes on both sides of the ball and it will take time for them to fill all those needs. 

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Then what is your theory?? You realize Rivera and the coaching staff are the ones with THE biggest incentive for Haskins to turn into a franchise QB, right? It makes their jobs easier and gives them resources to spend elsewhere. They are arguably the ones with the most to gain by Haskins succeeding. 

My theory is he was never their guy. Period. Let’s see what Allen and Smith can do. Turner is over his head and Ron needs to take a back seat. 

1 minute ago, Yng Lady88 said:

from what i keep seeing it wasnt a head issue when he got evaluated during the hit/game, it was an arm issue. but if he developed concussion symptoms later (idk how those work), that makes sense. 

I know they said it was an arm issue, but I swear it's very rare for helmet to helmet happen and not get some sort of evaluation

Forgetting the QB play for a second, how disappointing was the DL? I know Ion is out, but last I checked we still have not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE first round picks up there and we couldn't even sniff Goff's jock strap on 99% of his drop backs. What an embarassment. I know the Rams OL is good but for how much we've invested in the DL, they need to start carrying the team more.

In fact I'll go out and even say that thus far this year they've been the most disappointing unit on the team considering how much better we thought they'd be. They've basically only dominated when playing Philly's backups.

2 minutes ago, carex said:

He didn't look that bad, unless you count taking sacks on him

His throws had nothing on them, and he couldn't get a single thing going against the same D that Kyle was able to score on. Alex looks done. His throws look like Peyton Manning's final season.

3 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

he has a slow delivery, no mobility and only throws short passes. He literally is exactly what people hate about Haskins only slower

He’s accurate, a good teammate, a hard worker and a consummate professional. He literally is exactly the opposite of what people hate about Haskins. 

1 minute ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

He’s accurate, a good teammate, a hard worker and a consummate professional. He literally is exactly the opposite of what people hate about Haskins. 

We don't know about that accuracy after 2 years off. The other stuff is good for a motivational speaker but not the guy I want leading my team

7 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

We don't know about that accuracy after 2 years off. The other stuff is good for a motivational speaker but not the guy I want leading my team

Really, you don’t want a good teammate, hardworking, consummate professional leading your team?  Lol, whatever. 

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Forgetting the QB play for a second, how disappointing was the DL? I know Ion is out, but last I checked we still have not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE first round picks up there and we couldn't even sniff Goff's jock strap on 99% of his drop backs. What an embarassment. I know the Rams OL is good but for how much we've invested in the DL, they need to start carrying the team more.

In fact I'll go out and even say that thus far this year they've been the most disappointing unit on the team considering how much better we thought they'd be. They've basically only dominated when playing Philly's backups.

I don’t think you can afford to sign Allen at 15 per with the mediocre way he’s been playing. 

38 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Your hero QB is a child who called in "sick" instead of being on the ****ing sideline with his teammates. But keep beating that dead horse that Haskins isn't a problem. The rest of us really enjoy your posts. 

He aint the problem. This trash ass OL and lack of talent on offense is the ****ing problem. Bottom 2 OL in the league. We dont have ONE WR not named McClaurin who can get any separation from a defender. TE is trash.

Now this week the QB's stink it up, and now all of sudden, the QB isnt the problem. Everyone wants to put in on the OC. Keep the same energy you kept for the QB who had 300 yrds w/no INTs last week. Sure the numbers are misleading, but he looked better than what was out there today.

As a DIE HARD who NEVER wants to see former Skins player find success with other teams, if Haskins leaves and goes to a REAL franchise, I hope he comes back and beats the piss out of this team. Mainly for the wack fanbase who's been against that kid since the day he was drafted.

Now we've wasted our first round QB because he couldnt make magic happen with Dontrelle Inman, Steven Sims, Isiah Wright & Logan Thomas.

32 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I feel ROBBED by this game today.

I expected to lose, but I was at least excited to be able to evaluate Allen.  And he showed enough to be optimistic before that cheapshot.

**** you, Ramsey.

Ugh.

I mean...did he, though? He wasn't bad but he didn't really do all that much outside of screens and checkdowns. Yes his mobility and familiarity with the system showed so he's probably the best QB for this system we currently have but I still don't really see him as a long term solution. To me he's as placeholder unless he comes in and actually lights it up. Maybe we'll get super lucky and that will happen but I don't really see him being anything more than a decent backup journeyman QB.

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I mean...did he, though? He wasn't bad but he didn't really do all that much outside of screens and checkdowns. Yes his mobility and familiarity with the system showed so he's probably the best QB for this system we currently have but I still don't really see him as a long term solution. To me he's as placeholder unless he comes in and actually lights it up. Maybe we'll get super lucky and that will happen but I don't really see him being anything more than a decent backup journeyman QB.

All facts..........hell no Kyle Allen didnt show anything to be optimistic about. These fans just happy anyone but DH is out there.  

30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah right now IMO we have precisely one young DL who's playing up to his 1st round draft position and that's Chase. Montez is close though. 

But no way were Allen or Payne worth where they were picked. They're both "decent" players who are good against the run and mediocre to poor as pass rushers. They were getting absolutely manhandled by the interior OL of the Rams on almost every single pass play so Goff had plenty of real estate to step up into when Chase and Sweat were getting close on the edges. Both pretty disappointing (though I had higher hopes for Allen than I did Payne. I thought Payne was overdrafted from the beginning).

Also annoying that JDR seems to not have an inventive bone in his body. If your front 4 aren't getting there, maybe you need to try some different looks and/or blitzes? Something? Nope, apparently not. It was pretty much the same base look on most plays. One or twice he faked a blitz, but didn't actually do it. I don't recall seeing stunts or twists either. 

17 minutes ago, profusion said:

His throws had nothing on them, and he couldn't get a single thing going against the same D that Kyle was able to score on. Alex looks done. His throws look like Peyton Manning's final season.

Kyle had one drive that was really successful

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

did it look to you like we called some deep passes that didn't develop?

I think this offense is designed for dink and dunk and picking up YAC and that's all we will ask for from anyone who's playing QB

8 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

All facts..........hell no Kyle Allen didnt show anything to be optimistic about. These fans just happy anyone but DH is out there.  

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If Kyle is healthy and gets the start next week, then at least we'll finally know.

But yes, absolutely.  He looked head and shoulders better than Haskins or Smith in the 1.5 quarters we got out of him.

14 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

If Kyle is healthy and gets the start next week, then at least we'll finally know.

But yes, absolutely.  He looked head and shoulders better than Haskins or Smith in the 1.5 quarters we got out of him.

I can agree that Kyle looked better than Haskins or Smith, but that's like saying that a piece of moldy turkey looks better than a maggot sandwich; I don't really want either but if I had to choose I'd take the turkey. 

He looked better than them but that doesn't mean he was necessarily impressive. They had one good drive which was mostly checkdowns and his nice TD scamper. Otherwise he was pretty pedestrian. Then again, he also had a woeful OL who couldn't protect anything, so there's that.

I'd love for him to somehow become an amazing QB, and I hope he does over the rest of the season (assuming he returns next week)...but I'm not really counting on it or optimistic.

Archived