Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs LA Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THE STADIUM.

OR ELSE.

Just now, carex said:

You hadn't heard the rumors that Allen was just a short term thing to bridge to Smith?  Presumably because benching Haskins for the third string barely avoided being crippled QB would tank any trade value for him

I heard that and it only made sense if Kyle stunk it up. Alex hasn’t been good since he played for Andy Reid. 

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

Didnt you see how bad Allen was last year? After game 4 he fell apart 

Different situation. 

But I did. I also see Haskins every week here. And now Smith coming back.

The fact is you can argue for any of them but none of them are the level we need for a franchise level guy. 

Pile the OL on top of it. So even though I truly believe not a single one of these QBs are the guy moving forward... if we don't fix the OL it doesn't matter in the absolute least.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

All of our QBs stink. A guy like Rivera is not gonna continue to start Haskins if he’s not putting in the film work, period. The mechanics issues, missed throws and lack of accuracy (do not spout 70% to me one more time, you know what I’m talking about) are one thing. Not putting in the work is another. We can lose just as easily with any of these QBs, the roster is horrid and we don’t have any genius coaches to compensate in the way that some rare guys can. I don’t care how young he is, you can’t develop a guy who is just going through the motions every week, never mind what it does to the locker room when the players start to take notice. 

So you would rather lose like this every week. At least the offense look like it was getting better under Haskins. It still wasn’t good but better than this crap we are seeing today.  

Just now, Rogue Jedi said:

The way this board is responding, probably an unpopular opinion here, but actually give Alex some 1st team reps this week and build some confidence/chemistry with these receivers

Apparently he got a lot of first team reps this week. Split them with Allen. 

Just now, Rogue Jedi said:

The way this board is responding, probably an unpopular opinion here, but actually give Alex some 1st team reps this week and build some confidence/chemistry with these receivers

If Smith is given the ball this week, Rivera wants to win now and not stay in evaluation mode.

Those wanting Allen back in the game are likely failing to get what seems abundantly clear, Alex Smith being the starter was the plan.  There have already been reports he was the best looking QB during camp & OTAs, despite still working back from the injury.  He was the sharpest and best passer, but he needed time.

Once Rivera benched Haskins, Kyle Allen was really just meant to be a placeholder while Smith got more reps.  Rivera knows who Kyle Allen is too, make no mistake about it.  It's Kyle Allen.  The injury today accelerated the process, as I don't think Alex Smith was meant to take over for another week or so, but there is no way you can honestly say Rivera felt a healthy Alex Smith was a less good option than Kyle Allen.

The Rams were going to embarrasses this WFT today regardless of who was at QB. Just how it is.  Smith coming in when he did, and Rivera sticking with him seems to be Rivera's way of getting him some game time reps, getting his game legs under him, and then making sure he gets the 1st team reps during the week going into the NFC East games coming up.  

Archived