Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Browns at Washington ~ Back to Wentz you came & the crowd goes Hog Mild

TK
Message added by TK,

1539609161_ScreenShot2023-01-01at3_59_39PM.thumb.png.e435e9c59efcacf8ce89f8e69af5e40d.png

15 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Way to finish strong Carson.  You are a joke.  As bad as TH is at least he makes me feel like we have a chance.  

Carson seems like a good dude but his NFL days are over as a starter.  

Those last 2 games last year were no fluke for Wentz.  His career is over. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He's not losing the locker room or getting fired on Monday.

Be mad all yall want that he didn't get the QB position right yet, but huge swaths of the rest of the team does.  

Team is still a QB away, sure we need oline help, but an actual answer at QB and this is a 2nd - 3rd round playoff team easy with weapons, run game, and defense we have.

Ron isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

This team is an entire Oline away from winning period. We need to upgrade all of them. Maybe Cosmi can stay. No bet.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Its the NFL. Everyone can play up here. You're not gonna win on every snap. 

That long crossing route is one of the toughest to cover. Maybe Terry was demoralized by QB play but it was poor effort. It is what it is.

Even in the context of my deluded hatred right now, I want Ron to stay.  The Wentz cluster**** was a cluster**** of gigantic proportions, but every other facet of this team has improved except for the offensive line and the quarterback.

We are a few players away, just on the O line and with a competent, Dilfer-ish-level quarterback.

I'd rather not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scottlo said:

Good thing there's a new owner coming or today would really suck 

There is no evidence of that.  You know he'll wind up keeping the team.  He's just playing the long game; waiting for everyone to forget... pay the fines... keep the team and the SUCK will continue.  I hate this franchise now.  The name sucks - technically I could just move on and find another team but growing up in the 80s makes it so hard.

• Thumb down 1

Just now, CobraCommander said:

The team is not a QB away. Thanks to Ron getting Wentz we are a QB and an o line away. That’s miles from where a competent football team should be in Year 3 going into 4. It’s two steps back and not a single step taken forward. It’s ****ing pathetic. 

Yeah we're absolutely not a QB away from being a Super Bowl contender. From being a playoff team? Sure. But that's true for like....29 teams in the league.

We need a complete overhaul of the OL. We need legitimate modern day NFL TEs(none of this "blockign only" crap its 2023 we need actual passing game threats).

We need another CB or two(I like St. Juste and still think Fuller is fine in the slot).

We need at least one more LB, realistically two.

And we're gonna lose Payne in FA which is gonna leave a big hole. 

We also need a better OC/playcaller. Turner is just terrible. I gave him a pass the last two years but its obvious now.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

And neither are competent quarterbacks. Good roster construction.

And we still haven’t seen the rookie.

Well, TH is exciting at the very least.

Wentz is just incompetent. No other way around it.

Worse FA signing since McNabb.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Bring on the Sam Howell era.  My body (what's left of it after my divorce) is ready.   

Unfortunately I don’t see that happen. I am afraid that he feels he will look bad if Howell looks good. That’s the problem with a coach being in charge of personnel decisions, you have to stick with the players you said would work out for the team. 

this year has been the lowest quality of qb play ive seen in being a fan for 60 years

**** ron as a hc and turner

and id like to jettison all the idiots in here who think its a win  trying to make heinie points over wentz's horror show ...some dipsticks like being bottom feeders

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Just now, El Mexican said:

Well, TH is exciting at the very least.

Wentz is just incompetent. No other way around it.

Worse FA signing since McNabb.

I don’t know that he’s exciting. But I at least like his personality and work ethic. 

So he has that.

• Thumb up 1

Look Taylor isn’t the answer either. We know that. That doesn’t mean Wentz is the better option. That’s what’s frustrating. Why make the switch now when you knew what you had with Wentz. This game might’ve been an ugly win if they stuck with Heinicke. 

Might as well see what you have in Howell next week.😭

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1