Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Browns at Washington ~ Back to Wentz you came & the crowd goes Hog Mild

TK
Message added by TK,

1539609161_ScreenShot2023-01-01at3_59_39PM.thumb.png.e435e9c59efcacf8ce89f8e69af5e40d.png

Besides selling the team, I think the first priority should be getting rid of the entire coaching staff. I've been a full supporter of the coaching staff since day 1, and I appreciate everything Ron has done and brought to this team, but I'm over it.

I dont want Ron making any more major decisions for this team. On or off the field.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, KDawg said:

I was just thinking about it. Some people shrugged  off Rivera not knowing it was a possible elimination game and I kind of understood why they didn’t think it was a big deal.

But…

If they DID know… are guys like Curl, BSJ and Gibson in the lineup today? Meaning, are these guys definitively injured or are they banged up and they wanted to make sure they were available for a must win Dallas game if we lost today?

It could be that they legit just couldn’t go today. Not suggesting otherwise. But I wonder if they would have played had Rivera known what was truly at stake

Sigh...........you're right......That's EXACTLY what happened........

This .....child of God seriously didnt know this was an elimination game.........How TF do you as a HEAD COACH go into a game not knowing its a possible elimination game??? HOW?!!!  I ****in hate this team...........

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

I’m not upset about being eliminated and I’m not as down on this team as all of you.

Go get Derek Carr and fix the O Line.

Re-sign Payne.

Get corner and LB depth.

A few key upgrades and we should be in a good place.

Not sure about you but I'm tired of picking up retread QB's. 

• Like 4

I may be the salmon that thinks it would have been good to make the playoffs and try to knock off someone that was thinking they couldabeenacontendah. Who didn't like seeing Moxierella give Brady a scare? This demoralized kicked puppy base could really use a playoff win especially after seeing some saying it was best we lost yesterday.  We already know we are selling so we can stop hoping to lose.

I am ****ing irritated Ron had no idea our season could end yesterday. I remember a few years back where he would stop trying to win games earlier than I had ever seen a coach concede and it all just points to someone just punching the clock to get paid and not interested in winning. Like some fans perhaps heh. Only winning can fix this fan base.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

The season is over and the Augean stables are going to get swept clean from top to bottom.

"The season is over and the Augean stables are going to get swept clean from top to bottom."

Literally, a Herculian task awaits our new owner.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

I’m not upset about being eliminated and I’m not as down on this team as all of you.

Go get Derek Carr and fix the O Line.

Re-sign Payne.

Get corner and LB depth.

A few key upgrades and we should be in a good place.

Honest question here - how doable is it to fit Carr and Payne under the cap?

And would we have to trade for Carr?  If so, how much does that pick(s), along with his cap hit (and Payne’s), affect our ability to beef up the oline?

3 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

And would we have to trade for Carr?  If so, how much does that pick(s), along with his cap hit (and Payne’s), affect our ability to beef up the oline?

If the Rams and other teams can pay a QB and defensive stars, why can’t Washington? Also, the cap will be increasing next year. 

19 hours ago, Fred Jones said:

So, for all the people defending Dan, are you saying you don't want him to sell the team?  Are you saying Dan will turn it around by hiring the right people in the right positions like he has since he bought the team?

I’m not defending Dan.  He’s a POS.  But damn if our coaches didn’t kill us yesterday.  Both can be true.

I want the team sold ASAP so I can return to watching the games at the stadium.  I love the experience and I’m not getting any younger.  😳  Boy the glory days were awesome.

Edited by PolarExpress

5 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

If the Rams and other teams can pay a QB and defensive stars, why can’t Washington? Also, the cap will be increasing next year. 

Because QBs worth it and with a choice, will not choose Washington unless the money is insane compared to a better organization, or if they simply don't have options. After swinging and missing 2 years ago, they settled on Fitz. To not let it happen again, they overpaid for a Wentz because let's be honest. If Wentz were a FA, he would have signed elsewhere. A trade where he had no choice was the only option.

That will be the only way again unless there is ownership change. Agents don't want their players to ruin their careers by playing for Snyder run org unless there is no choice or the money is ridiculous. 

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

"The season is over and the Augean stables are going to get swept clean from top to bottom."

Literally, a Herculian task awaits our new owner.

I'm looking for potential GM candidates. Sorry, moved to

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

^ Ireland would definitely be an improvement.

The rumor is that Sean Payton may already have a wink and nod deal that both Fangio and possibly Ireland, among others, will join him wherever he goes.

This is why I'd really love for this deal to get done before the GM and coaching domino's start falling.

Otherwise we may be forced to wait until 2024 for the wholesale changes we desperately need.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, skinny21 said:

It’s definitely doable.  You wouldn’t be bringing Wentz back. So that gives about 46.  Carr will cost a lot in guaranteed money, but that doesn’t mean his cap number has to be high.  Wilson’s cap numbers in his first 3 years are 17, 22, and 35.  If Payne is franchised, that’s 18.  So say 18 plus 17 with 46M in cap room.  So, not too much to play with for the rest of FA and draft.  But you could sign Payne long term.  Allen’s cap number is 9.5 this season.  So definitely doable.  

You ask if we have to trade for Carr.  He has a NTC and absolutely no incentive to waive it.  It is much more likely that he is cut, in my opinion.  The problem with him choosing to come here is if we have a coach for a lame duck season before new ownership arrives, Carr would be looking at playing for four different offenses in four years.  Not ideal.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

It’s definitely doable.  You wouldn’t be bringing Wentz back. So that gives about 46.  Carr will cost a lot in guaranteed money, but that doesn’t mean his cap number has to be high.  Wilson’s cap numbers in his first 3 years are 17, 22, and 35.  If Payne is franchised, that’s 18.  So say 18 plus 17 with 46M in cap room.  So, not too much to play with for the rest of FA and draft.  But you could sign Payne long term.  Allen’s cap number is 9.5 this season.  So definitely doable.  

You ask if we have to trade for Carr.  He has a NTC and absolutely no incentive to waive it.  It is much more likely that he is cut, in my opinion.  The problem with him choosing to come here is if we have a coach for a lame duck season before new ownership arrives, Carr would be looking at playing for four different offenses in four years.  Not ideal.

Carr is going to take the deal that offers him a fully guaranteed contract