Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Browns at Washington ~ Back to Wentz you came & the crowd goes Hog Mild

TK
Message added by TK,

1539609161_ScreenShot2023-01-01at3_59_39PM.thumb.png.e435e9c59efcacf8ce89f8e69af5e40d.png

3 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Not much to disagree here.

However my contention was with the statement that the coaching staff was "bound to fail regardless"

Ron held all the keys and made the decisions. He hired the coaches, pick the players and coach the Sundays.

Dan isn't a demi god. He's simply an egomaniacal very bad owner that has been pretty hands off under Ron's tenure.

Ron owns this teams record and active performance. 

Ron held all the keys to a ****ty building.  He hired the coaches he could convince to come here, the players who we could afford and would play for Snyder.  He was bound to fail because of that.

His failures WITHIN the inevitable are on him.  I'm not gonna blame a guy for making a decent **** sandwich out of grade F- ****.

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Being given the autonomy he has is part of the problem.  Having a cash poor anchor of  an owner making it hard to attract talent is part of the problem.  Dealing with the constant 💩 storms off the field are a part of the problem.  There’s a reason every coach who comes here leaves a worse version of themselves.

He looks like the same loser that got fired from Carolina to me.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Terry is an incredibly gracious dude.

When asked if there is a difference win the team is lead by CW when compared to TH4.

He said "not really, we just didn't find a rhythm today" and that he "cares for both".

THIS! From one of your best players...you didn't get a rhythm because Turner has NO CONCEPT on how to develop rhythm. He calls plays that KILL rhythm like running into a kill box of 8 defenders after an out pass gets a 1st down. No deception/NO play action...dude is beyond clueless.

Edited by The Hangman- C_Hanburger
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

It didn't my dad was pissed at least my grandma was dead and couldn't hear it.

Well you know the saying "From the butts of babes".

Alright, I've had enough of this ****. Time to go play Elden Ring where failure is actually apart of the game. Just think, if Danny WASN'T selling, Rivera would be fired in a week.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

THIS! From one of your best players...you didn't get a rhythm because Turner has NO CONCEPT on how to develop rhythm. He calls plays that KILL rhythm like running into a kill box of 8 defenders after an out pass gets a 1st down. No deception/NO play action...dude is beyond clueless.

I think we ran one play action pass and it was a bootleg where we had a TE miss a block on a DE. 

Everything is just so convoluted and messy with this offense. Why can't we scheme easy 7 yard completions on 1st down like literally every other team in the NFL? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Not much to disagree here.

However my contention was with the statement that the coaching staff was "bound to fail regardless"

Ron held all the keys and made the decisions. He hired the coaches, pick the players and coach the Sundays.

Dan isn't a demi god. He's simply an egomaniacal very bad owner that has been pretty hands off under Ron's tenure.

Ron owns this teams record and active performance. 

Okay but what are you arguing? I said Rivera should be let go, didn’t I?

My point is, and one many seem to either be intentionally missing or not seeing: It doesn’t matter. The new coach will lack the resources necessary because of the owner, even if the new HC is given “full control”, because the owner is ultimately the one who provides the resources. 

We may have a guy work for a year or two. Or a guy that we feel good about. But it’s been 23 years of his reign of terror. Let me ask you something: what coach has worked out long term here?

Marty was 8-8 and looked to have something building. Was fired after a year. 

Gibbs did the best he could. But ultimately even his tenure was under achieving. 

What more evidence is needed to see that every coach we bring in is ultimately a failure?

You could even make the definition of “not a failure” more than two good years. Who has done that under Snyder?

There is one constant. It isn’t Rivera.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

You know my brother and I were talking about this the other day. If Snyder is gonna be forced to sell anyway, what's to stop him from doing a whole bunch of dumb stuff? Like trade McLaurin to the Cowboys for a 7th round pick and trading 3 #1s for Nathan Peterman or something like that. I mean there is probably some good faith rule or something like that in place but its something to think about I guess.

Trades still have to be approved by the league. 

If you’re pining for Coach Rivera’s departure, it would be good to have a replacement in mind.  

It’s easy to presume that Snyder is gone but until that happens, it hasn’t happened.

What better option than Rivera are you going to get to come here as the situation sits today?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I would keep the coaches, etc for one reason and one reason only.  The purchase of the team is going to take a while.  By the time they settle in and everything it will be late in the year to bring people in.  Unless the owners have people lined up already like a Sean Payton, I just don't see them having enough time to make the change.

• Like 1

Just now, Fred Jones said:

I would keep the coaches, etc for one reason and one reason only.  The purchase of the team is going to take a while.  By the time they settle in and everything it will be late in the year to bring people in.  Unless the owners have people lined up already like a Sean Payton, I just don't see them having enough time to make the change.

I think Rivera stays exactly because of this. And because he’s a good man.

But I think he needs to at the very least replace the OC.

• Like 7