Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Browns at Washington ~ Back to Wentz you came & the crowd goes Hog Mild

TK
Message added by TK,

1539609161_ScreenShot2023-01-01at3_59_39PM.thumb.png.e435e9c59efcacf8ce89f8e69af5e40d.png

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Does a team even bring Wentz in next season? Not only does he suck but he’s a joke around the league and has rumors of being a bad teammate. 

can’t imagine any team bringing him in as a potential starter.  Will make a roster as a backup if he is willing is my guess.   

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

I don’t buy it.  They all collect nice paychecks.  
Snyder sucks, but he isn’t the problem today.

Then why do you want him out?  For real, if he's not the ultimate problem, then why not want him to stay?  He can't get convenient blame.

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Off the hook? No. But they were bound to fail regardless because of ownership.

Were they? Rivera has been given Carte Blanche to run this organization from top to bottom. Outside of Gibbs 2 no other coach has had the autonomy that Rivera has. Financially maybe he has been hamstrung slightly. But he was able to give a QB NFL starting qb money this year and still failed. Sorry but it just doesn’t jive. 

look I get that Snyder is the real issue above all else, but This is Riveras team there’s no doubt about that. This is his best effort. 

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Does a team even bring Wentz in next season? Not only does he suck but he’s a joke around the league and has rumors of being a bad teammate. 

He's been nothing but a model teammate here though. Not even a peep about anything negative in that regard.

38 minutes ago, dyst said:

Does left hand up have a reference to the military or commanders that I may be unaware of? It seems random and thus kinda goofy especially with the “we the cooooooomanaders” twang with it.

I jus know it from the song that came out...those haters can't stand us, left hand up, who are we the commanders...doesn't sound military related at all, not a salute.

Just now, CobraCommander said:

We’re they? Rivera has been given Carte Blanche to run this organization from top to bottom. Outside of Gibbs 2 no other coach has had the autonomy that Rivera has. Financially maybe he has been hamstrung slightly. But he was able to give a QB NFL starting qb money this year and still failed. Sorry but it just doesn’t jive. 

look I get that Snyder is the real issue above all else, but This is Riveras team there’s no doubt about that. This is his best effort. 

God it makes me sound like a Rivera apologist, but this ain't it.  He did what we could with what he was given, Rivera didn't have Carte Blanche or Rose or Dorothy or any other Golden Girl.

Snyder had involvement and would pay for Wentz, and he was publicly proud of it (again).  Hired the guy who ran Williams out of town, we didn't have the money for Schreff because Wentz, and we didn't have money for anything else because Wentz.  Snyder forced Haskins and Smith on him.  He never got a quarterback or the ingredients to make what he's tried to make.

Just now, PolarExpress said:

He doesn’t play the game.  Let’s be honest here.  

I don’t get your point.

How can anyone not see who this entire failure of a franchise falls on for over two decades? 

It’s baffling.

No, Snyder isn’t to blame for bad play calls, bad clock management, bad player decisions as it pertains to who plays when. No, Snyder isn’t at fault for stupid subs. No, Snyder isn’t at fault for Rivera on the sidelines looking confused all the time.

Thats on Rivera. And he and the staff needs to go.

But Snyder does get blame for:

- Meddling

- Toxicity

- Worst facilities in the league (they practice on dead grass and have one of the least modern facilities)

- Lack of FA budget

- Failure to acquire a Stadium (direct cause, no one wants to help him)

- having the entire minority ownership leave 

- Overstepping people he hired

- Washington’s image

- Players who are unwilling to sign here, that we can even afford, due to him and his involvement in shady activities.

- Scamming season ticket owners

- Poor fan relations and thus low morale culture

I can keep going.

He is the overarching factor. 

He isn’t the day to day factor. That was Rivera and his staff and their players. 

But Snyder is THE every day. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Rex Tomb said:

If you ever needed proof as to why Ron should be gone:

This better not get glossed over this week.  I mean, I almost want them to be eliminated just for Ron to have to own that.  And the Packers just got a pick 6 as I say that.  

Just now, CobraCommander said:

We’re they? Rivera has been given Carte Blanche to run this organization from top to bottom. Outside of Gibbs 2 no other coach has had the autonomy that Rivera has. Financially maybe he has been hamstrung slightly. But he was able to give a QB NFL starting qb money this year and still failed. Sorry but it just doesn’t jive. 

Being given the autonomy he has is part of the problem.  Having a cash poor anchor of  an owner making it hard to attract talent is part of the problem.  Dealing with the constant 💩 storms off the field are a part of the problem.  There’s a reason every coach who comes here leaves a worse version of themselves.

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m giving him no such power. When did I say Ron skates? Go back and read my posts.

But at the same time you aren’t giving Snyder enough of the blame. 

People don’t want to play here because of him. 

He is cash broke so it’s hard to improve key positions. Our main acquisition this off-season was a guy that Snyder publicly said was our savior. You think he wasn’t at all involved in getting Wentz? :ols:

c’mon. It’s Snyder.

Rivera is at fault for his coordinators, bad clock management and poor decisions on the field. Snyder is at fault for everything else.

Not much to disagree here.

However my contention was with the statement that the coaching staff was "bound to fail regardless"

Ron held all the keys and made the decisions. He hired the coaches, pick the players and coach the Sundays.

Dan isn't a demi god. He's simply an egomaniacal very bad owner that has been pretty hands off under Ron's tenure.

Ron owns this teams record and active performance. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

His lack of accuracy is very troubling, some were not even close. Lack of accuracy to me is when a pass is thrown that an open receiver has to adjust to, not even giving a receiver a chance to catch a ball is inexcusable at this level 

Makes whatever positive attributes he's supposed to have basically useless.