Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Browns at Washington ~ Back to Wentz you came & the crowd goes Hog Mild

TK
Message added by TK,

1539609161_ScreenShot2023-01-01at3_59_39PM.thumb.png.e435e9c59efcacf8ce89f8e69af5e40d.png

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

For me, as frustrating as the INTs was Wentz winging the ball 5 feet over the receivers’ heads on short swing routes. 

A strong arm is not the be all and end all.  He’s got no calibration. 

His lack of accuracy is very troubling, some were not even close. Lack of accuracy to me is when a pass is thrown that an open receiver has to adjust to, not even giving a receiver a chance to catch a ball is inexcusable at this level 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

For me, as frustrating as the INTs was Wentz winging the ball 5 feet over the receivers’ heads on short swing routes. 

high balls and passes that fell widely short.  Wentz was all around horrible today.  Make me wonder if he’s injured or just wants out.  Can’t even really blame the pass rush today, because he had time on many of his worst throws.  

Just now, RichSC said:

By any reasonable guidelines, Rivera should be fired.  Four years: no winning record, one playoff game, nickel-and-dime free agency that gave us Norwell and Turner as starting guards, and oh yes...the Wentz trade.  Time to clean house, again.  This team is nothing but a heartbreaker.  Let's suffer a couple more years under a hungry new HC.

But with the sale pending (supposedly) can Snyder make such a drastic change as a lame duck owner?

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Weren’t you the guy who went “upstairs” during Nats World Series (or some game during the run) and came back with the lead?  

maybe you needed not to be doing laundry and do something else?

It's possible, my wife doesn't have any real appreciation for how much this stuff matters to me (or the larger "us" as a community).

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Especially that last one he did. I had to go back to see if that pass was tipped, Wentz is garbage. I should've trusted my instincts of woe when I heard we picked him up. Instead I told myself the football minds on our team know what they're doing and I talked myself into the deal. I will NEVER trust anything Rivera says or does from here on out. His word is about as accurate as Carson Wentz's dump off passes.

• Like 1

Just now, Destino said:

high balls and passes that fell widely short.  Wentz was all around horrible today.  Make me wonder if he’s injured or just wants out.  Can’t even really blame the pass rush today, because he had time on many of his worst throws.  

I think he's neither hurt nor wants out; he's just done.

There was no benefit to sucking today, at all.  And god was he a Dyson.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Destino said:

If either scenario is true, he screwed his teammates.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The nickel and dime FA falls on our owner. Guy is liquid broke. And I don’t want anyone to even try to argue that point with me. Guy has money tied up in too many endeavors. 

Rivera holds his share of the blame but let’s not forget the stink that is behind all of our HC hires failing is the guy at the top.

Dont let that fall to the wayside here in our disappointment.

That’s all true, but Rivera and his staff can’t be taken off the hook because of Snyder. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Destino said:

I don't think he gave up. 

He absolutely appears to telegraph his throw while simultaneously having zero ability to progress through reads fast enough to find the open receiver.

He simply may be broken as baseline QB when placed behind an average or worse offensive line.

I wish him the best in all his future endeavors..just hope he's not a Commander next year.

Just now, NoVaSkins21 said:

Glad this team lost because had they won, it would've delayed the inevitable next week vs Dal@ss because they are going to be crushed in Week 18 against a playoff team that knows what to do when they have something to play for

I agree.  Honestly this lost didn't hurt as bad as the Giants loss at home after the bye.  That's when it really hit me that this team sucks.  

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The nickel and dime FA falls on our owner. Guy is liquid broke. And I don’t want anyone to even try to argue that point with me. Guy has money tied up in too many endeavors. 

Rivera holds his share of the blame but let’s not forget the stink that is behind all of our HC hires failing is the guy at the top.

Dont let that fall to the wayside here in our disappointment.

All of this.  I'm not saying Rivera is at all blameless, but when the owner of the restaurant needs a new cook ALL THE TIME, I'll take the cook who manages a PBJ when he asked for filet mignon and was given Nickelback.

• Thumb up 1

53 minutes ago, Redd said:

Look Taylor isn’t the answer either. We know that. That doesn’t mean Wentz is the better option. That’s what’s frustrating. Why make the switch now when you knew what you had with Wentz. This game might’ve been an ugly win if they stuck with Heinicke. 

Might as well see what you have in Howell next week.😭

We could've drafted Brock Purdy..., the next Tom Brady.

• Haha 2

Just now, KDawg said:

Off the hook? No. But they were bound to fail regardless because of ownership.

Dan has the ownership and he has and can "F" things up.

But you are giving him to much power. Ron has to own the(this) mediocracy under his tenure.

Just now, Daniel.redskins said:

I agree.  Honestly this lost didn't hurt as bad as the Giants loss at home after the bye.  That's when it really hit me that this team sucks.  

I said last week that its win/win for us not matter what this week. We win, we move forward. We lose, we end the Wentz project (and possibly the Rivera) and see what we have in Howell. Lets be honest, we're not ready for the playoffs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Dan has the ownership and he has and can "F" things up.

But you are giving him to much power. Ron has to own the(this) mediocracy under his tenure.

I’m giving him no such power. When did I say Ron skates? Go back and read my posts.

But at the same time you aren’t giving Snyder enough of the blame. 

People don’t want to play here because of him. 

He is cash broke so it’s hard to improve key positions. Our main acquisition this off-season was a guy that Snyder publicly said was our savior. You think he wasn’t at all involved in getting Wentz? :ols:

c’mon. It’s Snyder.

Rivera is at fault for his coordinators, bad clock management and poor decisions on the field. Snyder is at fault for everything else.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1