Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Browns at Washington ~ Back to Wentz you came & the crowd goes Hog Mild

TK
Message added by TK,

1539609161_ScreenShot2023-01-01at3_59_39PM.thumb.png.e435e9c59efcacf8ce89f8e69af5e40d.png

10 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Well you know the saying "From the butts of babes".

Alright, I've had enough of this ****. Time to go play Elden Ring where failure is actually apart of the game. Just think, if Danny WASN'T selling, Rivera would be fired in a week.

Huh? You’d keep Snyder if it meant getting rid of Rivera now? You need a lesson on delayed gratification 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t get your point.

How can anyone not see who this entire failure of a franchise falls on for over two decades? 

It’s baffling.

No, Snyder isn’t to blame for bad play calls, bad clock management, bad player decisions as it pertains to who plays when. No, Snyder isn’t at fault for stupid subs. No, Snyder isn’t at fault for Rivera on the sidelines looking confused all the time.

Thats on Rivera. And he and the staff needs to go.

But Snyder does get blame for:

- Meddling

- Toxicity

- Worst facilities in the league (they practice on dead grass and have one of the least modern facilities)

- Lack of FA budget

- Failure to acquire a Stadium (direct cause, no one wants to help him)

- having the entire minority ownership leave 

- Overstepping people he hired

- Washington’s image

- Players who are unwilling to sign here, that we can even afford, due to him and his involvement in shady activities.

- Scamming season ticket owners

- Poor fan relations and thus low morale culture

I can keep going.

He is the overarching factor. 

He isn’t the day to day factor. That was Rivera and his staff and their players. 

But Snyder is THE every day. 

I agree with you more than you think I do.  I’ve despised Snyder since the day I first saw him.  However, I think it’s disingenuous to not expect paid professionals to do their job.  But I’m happy to drop it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PolarExpress said:

I agree with you more than you think I do.  I’ve despised Snyder since the day I first saw him.  However, I think it’s disingenuous to not expect paid professionals to do their job.  But I’m happy to drop it.

I’m convinced I’m not communicating that I think Rivera shares blame properly. There is no way people keep responding to me like they don’t share in it if I’m communicating it correctly. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’m convinced I’m not communicating that I think Rivera shares blame properly. There is no way people keep responding to me like they don’t share in it if I’m communicating it correctly. 

Everyone dissects things differently.  And you have a ton of knowledge to share.  I was not communicating correctly either.  

14 minutes ago, Conn said:

Huh? You’d keep Snyder if it meant getting rid of Rivera now? You need a lesson on delayed gratification 

No, I'm just saying its unfortunate timing, because this is the perfect reason to get rid of Rivera. Now, as for who will replace him...who cares? That isn't a reason for keeping a job that you're bad at, that is loser talk.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Conn said:

oh god 

Then he needs to be fired. His fingerprints are all over this collapse and failure to hold the final playoff spot which includes 2 brutal home losses in December. Ron's a good dude but he needs to be held accountable for this disaster. Running Wentz out there today and thinking he'd be a "spark" is coaching malpractice. After the first 2 picks he should've pulled him. He owes Wentz nothing and now needs to be fired for hitching the teams season to the Wentz Wagon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

35 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Okay but what are you arguing? I said Rivera should be let go, didn’t I?

My point is, and one many seem to either be intentionally missing or not seeing: It doesn’t matter. The new coach will lack the resources necessary because of the owner, even if the new HC is given “full control”, because the owner is ultimately the one who provides the resources. 

We may have a guy work for a year or two. Or a guy that we feel good about. But it’s been 23 years of his reign of terror. Let me ask you something: what coach has worked out long term here?

Marty was 8-8 and looked to have something building. Was fired after a year. 

Gibbs did the best he could. But ultimately even his tenure was under achieving. 

What more evidence is needed to see that every coach we bring in is ultimately a failure?

You could even make the definition of “not a failure” more than two good years. Who has done that under Snyder?

There is one constant. It isn’t Rivera.

There is another constant: We have not won a Superbowl while the team has played in Maryland.

I feel like we are talking past each other.

But we do agree that Dan has been bad; even when he spent more money than any other team in the NFL. 

Gibbs had total control and so did Ron. 

Nothing is inevitable when you have control and cap space.  

I'm looking forward to Dan selling the team, but I will leave you with this:

The Glazer's were unanimously considered the worst owners in NFL history; partly because they were very tight and spent the least amount of money on player personnel, staff, and infrastructure in Tampa Bay.

Somehow they gave Tony Dungy a chance. Tony built one of the best defensive teams in NFL history, promptly got fired and John Gruden took 'that' team to the NFL Super Bowl the very next year with Brad Johnson at QB.

In short, let's agree that Ron had at least a chance to be good from a win/lost perspective.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dc1 said:

There is another constant: We have not won a Superbowl while the team has played in Maryland.

I feel like we are talking past each other.

But we do agree that Dan has been bad; even when he spent more money than any other team in the NFL. 

Gibbs had total control and so did Ron. 

Nothing is inevitable when you have control and cap space.  

I'm looking forward to Dan selling the team, but I will leave you with this:

The Glazer's were unanimously considered the worst owners in NFL history; partly because they were very tight and spent the least amount of money on player personnel, staff, and infrastructure in Tampa Bay.

Somehow they gave Tony Dungy a chance. Tony built one of the best defensive teams in NFL history, promptly got fired and John Gruden took 'that' team to the NFL Super Bowl the very next year with Brad Johnson at QB.

In short, let's agree that Ron had at least a chance to be good from a win/lost perspective.

Enjoy your delusion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

us being eliminated is actually doing us a favor

Only for (us fans?) Ron to get a look at Howell.  If he doesnt know we can be eliminated today I am not sure I trust him to grade Howell.

Otherwise making the loffs may entice a buyer to pony up more money to end our misery.  Its not the end of the world to make the playoffs.

Edited by RandyHolt

Just now, hail2skins said:

So was just curious about the Hogs saga and which ones showed up today.  Didn't that lawsuit I heard about last week suggest that none of them were going to take part in today's ceremony? What changed? Who was there today, besides Gibbs?

I don’t think it was a lawsuit as much as it was a strongly worded letter.

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

So was just curious about the Hogs saga and which ones showed up today.  Didn't that lawsuit I heard about last week suggest that none of them were going to take part in today's ceremony? What changed? Who was there today, besides Gibbs?

There’s a picture in the first post of the thread. But Bostic, Grimm, McKenzie, Walker were all there.

Enjoy your delusion.

My man! This is what I'm talking about.

Please (honesty) explain what the delusion is.

Because the only thing I'm questioning is your absolute assurance that Ron's tenure was "bound to fail".

1 minute ago, dc1 said:

My man! This is what I'm talking about.

Please (honesty) explain what the delusion is.

Because the only thing I'm questioning is your absolute assurance that Ron's tenure was "bound to fail".

You think Ron has had full control… of what? Same can be said for Shanahan. And Gibbs. And whoever else. 

They haven’t had full control of a thing. Until people get that you can’t see the forest through the trees.

People not seeing Snyder is THE issue is baffling to me. Not A issue. The. You can say “ya he’s bad but…” all you want, the second you add the “but” to the statement we lose any kind of common ground where conversation can be had. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

You think Ron has had full control… of what? Same can be said for Shanahan. And Gibbs. And whoever else. 

They haven’t had full control of a thing. Until people get that you can’t see the forest through the trees.

People not seeing Snyder is THE issue is baffling to me. Not A issue. The. You can say “ya he’s bad but…” all you want, the second you add the “but” to the statement we lose any kind of common ground where conversation can be had. 

Your an absolutist. I understand now.

The world isn't 0s and 1s.  But we will all get what we want when he sales the team.