Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Browns at Washington ~ Back to Wentz you came & the crowd goes Hog Mild

TK
Message added by TK,

1539609161_ScreenShot2023-01-01at3_59_39PM.thumb.png.e435e9c59efcacf8ce89f8e69af5e40d.png

Some of us knew how Wentz was going to play the same guy that led us to a 2-4 record.  Rivera and company trying to justify themselves with Wentz after the 49ers game. Keep what has been working. Heinicke put a spark in this team when he came in and they think Wentz was going to put a spark? Scott Turner called plays scared with Wentz. No play action or anything.  If that's the case should have kept Heinicke in from the get go.

6 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

This team is an entire Oline away from winning period. We need to upgrade all of them. Maybe Cosmi can stay. No bet.

None of that matters without a QB.  We gonna get at least two new starters next year on the line, I jus don't care if we don't answer QB.

They are nowhere near each other on priority list even if the are 1 and 2.

Just now, IrepDC said:

I have a headache thinking about our 2023 QB room. I don't want to see Wentz or Heinicke again. I also don't want Carr or any FA QB who has a big price tag. We might as well let Howell sink or swim next year. If he sinks, we get a tope pick to replace him in 2024. Use resources this offseason to fix this OL and complete the Defense.

The first step is to strip Rivera of GM/personnel duties. New owner needs to hire a real football person to run the operation. That likely won't be until after the draft however, so we need ot make sure NOT to draft a QB this year IF the goal is to tank for one in 2024. Unfortunately I think with Rivera and this current core we won't be bad enough to tank for Caleb Williams. 

If we lose to Dallas(very likely), we can still get a pick around 13 or so. So it would be possible to heraps trade up from that spot to the top 5. Would have to give up a future #1 though, and again if we have a new personnel guy that could complicate things.

Gonna be an interesting off season for sure.

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

He's taken this team as far as he can take it, someone else needs to get it over the finish line.

I don't know why, I just disagree.  Everything in this cesspool is in the trash ready to go out except for six positions.  Turner we could do without but he didn't lose us the game.  From the back office to the front office through the coaching staff through the locker room, he's put in place some really solid pieces.  I'd ride with Ron, just with him in the trunk because god dammit.

For anyone placing blame on RR or any coach (as much as they are fallible).. use your brain cell and think about ownership. It starts and ends there. Since DS has owned the team its been a complete and utter clusterfuq of #metoo, racist comments, poor drafting, poor coaching, poor records and backing into playoffs from time to time... etc... when you own a popular franchise and can still fuq up a name change.. you shouldn't be an NFL owner. Period. Vote with your dollars Skins fans. Stop investing in mediocrity... no matter your family's tradition.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He's not losing the locker room or getting fired on Monday.

Be mad all yall want that he didn't get the QB position right yet, but huge swaths of the rest of the team does.  

Team is still a QB away, sure we need oline help, but an actual answer at QB and this is a 2nd - 3rd round playoff team easy with weapons, run game, and defense we have.

Ron isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I agree with you. They are not going to can Ron. It will not happen. It is clear that Carson is done. And I work with people with trauma for a living, and Carson has it in his body big time. Tense as can be. Rigid body.  But people saying Ron was wrong to pick Carson, should look at his stats last year and some of his games. He was not awful by a long shot, BUT he folded in the biggest moment, when the chips were down. That was an overlooked "intangible" that all good QB's need/have, and Irsay's crew decided that when they evaluated him. And you know what? They were right. 

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

I'm not sure we HAD to bench him for the most important game of the season.

One quarter? Yes. But not the game where the whole season is on the line.

Gotta be more specific, tou think SF was most important game of the season?

I disagree. That home game against Giants was. That's why it was flexed, we weren't going to beat SF, they're too good, we had to at least split with the Giants so we could a must win in Dallas.

10 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

So at this point do we root for Green Bay tonight and end the charade of playoff hope? Paving the way for Sam Howell to close out the season?

I’m down for this.  I want to see Howell.  We need to know if we have a QB for 2023 on this team.  

• Like 1

Just now, skinsfan4128 said:

Hopefully,  this will prompt Ron "the titanic" Rivera to play Howell next week.

You know, so we can actually see what we have in the kid. Considering we know what we have in the other two.

Hint: not much.

HTTR!

Yep. And I really don't care if "he's not ready".. I mean, who the hell is ever "ready" anyway. Put the kid in and evaluate his play. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

I have a headache thinking about our 2023 QB room. I don't want to see Wentz or Heinicke again. I also don't want Carr or any FA QB who has a big price tag. We might as well let Howell sink or swim next year. If he sinks, we get a tope pick to replace him in 2024. Use resources this offseason to fix this OL and complete the Defense.

Look at Mr. Fancy Pants over here who still has feelings.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Oh this is going to sound like a rhetorical question but I’m serious… Should we even show up next week? Can anybody think of any reason in the world why we shouldn’t just forfeit?

🤣 I thought you meant the fans at first