Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Browns at Washington ~ Back to Wentz you came & the crowd goes Hog Mild

TK
Message added by TK,

1539609161_ScreenShot2023-01-01at3_59_39PM.thumb.png.e435e9c59efcacf8ce89f8e69af5e40d.png

3 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Pull that one back sir.  Team didn't quit and neither did Terry.  Folks have to play the ball.

I love Terry and know he normally gives more effort than that. Not condemning him but also gotta keep him accountable. He isn't to blame for today though so I'll stop.

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

They are both garbage, one better then the other doesn't matter.

We had to bench Taylor, we didn't win a game in December.  Jus horrible situation with Wentz and can't go to Howell yet.

I'm not sure we HAD to bench him for the most important game of the season.

One quarter? Yes. But not the game where the whole season is on the line.

• Like 2

RR took a late round flyer on a talented D1 QB and never even tried to develop him even though they knew TH is not a player you can build around and it was obvious that Wentz is a shell of his former self.  How and why is this ok. They should be fired for selling us some BS just like SBF and FTX. 

• Thumb up 1

The Wentz move turned out to be a poor choice but lets be real, this is a borderline possibly still not a playoff team with Heinicke, the higher draft pick even if marginal will be of more use than a Heinicke or Wentz one and done playoff loss.

They kept the season interesting, frustrating at the end as always but interesting.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

this year has been the lowest quality of qb play ive seen in being a fan for 60 years

**** ron as a hc and turner

and id like to jettison all the idiots in here who think its a win  trying to make heinie points over wentz's horror show ...some dipsticks like being bottom feeders

No f's given!  DarkJumbo for the win!

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Even in the context of my deluded hatred right now, I want Ron to stay.  The Wentz cluster**** was a cluster**** of gigantic proportions, but every other facet of this team has improved except for the offensive line and the quarterback.

We are a few players away, just on the O line and with a competent, Dilfer-ish-level quarterback.

I'd rather not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

He's taken this team as far as he can take it, someone else needs to get it over the finish line.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Have you never had a mojito?!?

Poor old thing.

You can have that rabbit food.

I'll take a bourbon on the rocks everyday and twice on Sundays over that mess.

Speaking of which, time to pour another after this piss poor performance. 

Cheers, TTB.

HTTR!

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

this year has been the lowest quality of qb play ive seen in being a fan for 60 years

**** ron as a hc and turner

and id like to jettison all the idiots in here who think its a win  trying to make heinie points over wentz's horror show ...some dipsticks like being bottom feeders

Anyone who revels in this team losing is become death to me.  Like I used to make threads at the end of the season of who I ate crow over, lovingly.  I loved and love being wrong about this team sucking.  When people like being right about it, they are trash cans before they're even brash fans.

I'm not sold on getting rid of Ron from the HC perspective.  I don't know why, I'm just not, but I won't die on this hill because this team killed me long ago.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I have a headache thinking about our 2023 QB room. I don't want to see Wentz or Heinicke again. I also don't want Carr or any FA QB who has a big price tag. We might as well let Howell sink or swim next year. If he sinks, we get a tope pick to replace him in 2024. Use resources this offseason to fix this OL and complete the Defense.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Redd said:

Look Taylor isn’t the answer either. We know that. That doesn’t mean Wentz is the better option. That’s what’s frustrating. Why make the switch now when you knew what you had with Wentz. This game might’ve been an ugly win if they stuck with Heinicke. 

Might as well see what you have in Howell next week.😭

My biggest issue was no urgency from Ron about trying to get into the playoffs. He should have at least put TH in after the half to shake things up. Try something else if **** is not working for you. It takes balls to do that. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1