Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Please not Karen Bass. I don’t have anything against her other than she’s not what we need. She’s a Neville Chamberlain when we need a damn Afro Samurai up in this *****! Susan Rice would be almost an ideal choice if she didn’t have so much baggage. Demings, Duckworth, or Harris...please. 

On 7/31/2020 at 9:31 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

The Daily Caller hating on Karen Bass makes me like her more, not less. 

Fox News has an article about Bass defending statements she made in the past. Headline is 'Bass Grilled'. :ols:

11 hours ago, techboy said:

Settle down now... It's not like he's @Predicto.

@Predicto left us. @PleaseBlitz is all we got.

6 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

@Predicto left us. @PleaseBlitz is all we got.

Fair enough, but that doesn't automatically promote him to Spiderman. Dude's always been more of a JJ Jameson type anyway.

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

McSluggo?

Yes. My assumption has been that the absence is voluntary and/or private in some way, because there's an easy avenue for news.

Predicto said he was leaving the board when Trump was elected because he wanted to focus his time on fighting the trump agenda or whatever

he stopped back by sometime later and made a few posts and I haven’t seen him since

definitely voluntary 

mcsluggo has made a few “yeah he’s fine just spending his time on other things” posts from time to time 

As far as mail in voting goes... I have absolutely no problem voting in person. At my precinct, the lines aren't very long when I go at 6:30 AM, and I think using masks will keep everything safer anyhow. I understand that other areas get inundated with voters due to a lack of voting areas, but that isn't the case where I live. Either way, I'd certainly risk catching the Covid to go and vote Trump out.

10 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

VP should be Liz Warren. Most qualified, highest approval rating with minority voters.

I feel like if he stayed away from "It's going to be a woman," she would be the most logical one. I feel like he backed himself into a corner with that, and even further when you consider the very predictable drama over whether it should be a white woman,  black woman, etc

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I feel like if he stayed away from "It's going to be a woman," she would be the most logical one. I feel like he backed himself into a corner with that

Agreed. He should’ve just said he would pick the best candidate. Interview/vet men and women, and then pick a woman. Would’ve been better optics I think.

18 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Aye, I still have marks on my face from when he *****-slapped me over my take on the death penalty.

That was years ago, really hoping it wasn't health that caused him to fall back, we typically seem to find out after the fact around here.

Throne for Resident Counsellor has been abdicated in the meantime...

Wow, I only lost some scruff on my neck where he reined me back from getting banned... (more than once)...

I keep the positive until @mcsluggo tells us otherwise...🙏

Edit, add: @DogofWar1 is also an attorney.

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Agreed. He should’ve just said he would pick the best candidate. Interview/vet men and women, and then pick a woman. Would’ve been better optics I think.

We've had a couple of centuries plus where women weren't even considered. I think Biden stating that he's choosing a woman is okay. 

I like Warren but at 71, she's too old. We need to turn to someone younger, like in their 50s. There's a few in that age group that are more qualified than Trump even though he's the current president. 

If this Biden term really might only be one, his VP doesn't have to be the future of the party.

He's already demolishing Trump in the polls without a VP, I can accept this first term (maybe his only because if his age) being able stablizing the situation for whoever is next.

How often do VPs get elected President anyway?  Is that really the expectation?

My hope if we didn't nominate Biden on any issue except best chance to beat Trump is to do that.  I can live with Harris, but prefer Warren in case something does happen to Biden. 

This is not the time for on the job training, how many of these VP candidates really are ready if it comes to that?  I don't care about likeability anymore, not when the world is going to hell in a hand basket right now.

I still would prefer a lower profile VP pick like Demings. Forcing the opponent to attack a Female, Minority, Former Cop this campaign would be something you could see Trump messing up often in the eyes of Women and African-Americans. She speaks well of the challenges of being a police office and what needs to improve.

55 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

How often do VPs get elected President anyway?  Is that really the expectation?

Nixon, Humphrey, and Ford lost in relatively close elections. GHWB won. Gore lost in what amounted to a coin flip. Cheney bowed out due to health issues.  Biden probably kicks himself for not running in 2016.

Just go with Kamala at this point. I think reaching out to Condi Rice would be bold, but that would essentially mean a Republican president in 2024 (not that I would mind), which would risk turning off the Dem base for this election.

Archived