Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Why should Democrats run ads when others like The Lincoln Project are doing such a great job?  

I want to see positive ads about what Biden will do starting in September.

The Lincoln project isn’t so innocent. They are made up of gopers who basically caused the conditions in the gop for a Trump to win.

The need Trump gone; do they can retake the gop.

If you don’t want Biden to do it, you need the Dems and Dem leaning groups destroying Trump.

The moment Biden is elected, the Lincoln project will be bashing Biden and his agenda.

The LP are wolves in sheep’s clothing.

17 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The Lincoln project isn’t so innocent. They are made up of gopers who basically caused the conditions in the gop for a Trump to win.

The need Trump gone; do they can retake the gop.

If you don’t want Biden to do it, you need the Dems and Dem leaning groups destroying Trump.

The moment Biden is elected, the Lincoln project will be bashing Biden and his agenda.

You may well be right. But at least for now the enemy of our enemy is our friend. I say take all the help we can get, then go to war after bunker boy is gone.  Works for me. 

44 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

What do you care? You're not a Democrat... You've already written that you plan to return to voting third party in 2024. 

It is true that they don't agree with Democrats politically. That's the entire point of their mission... That Trump is an existential threat to the nation (and the GOP), and that the only way to get rid of him AND make the GOP think twice about doing this again is to take him down AND his enablers by putting Democrats in power everywhere.

Losing power is all Republicans are afraid of and electing Democrats is the only way to accomplish that in our two party system. Not voting or voting third party or only voting Democrat for President doesn't cut it, and I give them credit for recognizing that... They're running ads for Democrats around the country.

I look forward to the day they feel comfortable attacking Democrats on ideas.

That being noted, this is a pretty funny takedown of the people behind the Lincoln Project...

I don't think there will be much to take over once Trump is finally gone. The stink of Trump is strong and will linger for a long time, he also split the party. These Trumpers will only accept someone like Trump and the non-trumpers will never pick anyone like him again. I think the GOP will have to die and try to rise again, it deserves to die.

I'm aware of who the LP is. If they want to spend their money, who am I to argue. With my limited funds, I am choosing carefully who I contribute to. 

Republicans are Republicans, Trump and his minions included.  None of them are concerned with actual humans, only money and the 1%ers. Everything they do is about that. 

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You aren't even going to watch for entertainment value?

The average voter isn't really paying attention.  It's a fact born out in past cycles.  The only people really paying attention to the race before the conventions are mostly those die hard activists with an interest in who wins the nomination or political junkies.   The average joe or joette voter; really doesn't start paying attention until after labor day.  The convention nomination speech is usually the first time, they even pay attention to the candidates.  Then the debates and fall campaign.

I will acknowledge that millions don't need to see a debate or anything else to make up their mind.  They could vote early and nothing will change their vote.  That's especially true for this election.  Hopefully, there will be other elections after this one with normal human beings on both sides. 

I appreciate you conceding the point. :cheers:

I doubt i will watch any debate. One, my mind is made up (and Ive helped raise over $50k for the Biden campaign). Two, listening to Trump kills brain cells. Three, im really busy these days (recently had another kid). Four, i can read a recap of a 2-3 hour debate in 10 minutes. 

This cycle, a debate serves no purpose. None. I know who both candidates aree and what they stand for. Everyone does. 

1 hour ago, techboy said:

They're running ads for Democrats around the country.

Yup and attacking republicans across the board if they’re up for re-election and didn’t stand up to trump. 

people like Susan Collins. 

they’re also ranting on Twitter all day about all of it 

50 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

im really busy these days (recently had another kid)

Two is when you ask yourself what did I do

13 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I still recall the laughing crowd when he threatened to jail Clinton if he were elected. Couldn't watch anymore after that. I wonder if all those people that thought that **** was a game, still feel that way now

I wonder how many of them are still alive. 

13 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Lsf,

Unless I am reading this wrong, you can track your mailed ballot here.

https://webservices.sos.state.tx.us/FPCA/index.aspx

Edit..and I was. That's for overseas and military ballots. I'd almost think Texas would have something in place for you to track all mailed ballots. 

I know my state does.

Georgia does this as well. Pretty sad if you’re worse than us but then we know they’re going to bend over backwards for the troops they always “support”. OTOH it took almost a year for TX to change our daughter’s birth certificate so they’re not exactly a model of efficiency.

Whip those ads Joe.

Since he can’t do physical campaigning, he needs to do at least a couple of virtual events daily.

He needs to spell at least an outline of his vision for getting Covid under control, getting the economy back and other key plans.

Lizzie can help him there.

11 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The Lincoln Project is when we root for the Eagles to beat the Cowboys.

We all know what’s happening.

Biden has less then two years before possibly going through same thing Obama did. Bush who? There's a Muslim in the White House trying to pass universal healthcare!?

Everyone was sick of Bush until Bush was gone, nobody better think for two seconds Lincoln Project won't point that gun at Biden once the existential threat is gone. Is the enemy of my enemy my friend?

Say it with me now, half the country is still Conservative. I don't predict Biden flopping, but let's be absolutely clear the GOP will storm back if he does.

My dad keeps telling me Biden was best chance to beat Trump and there is no post-Trump without that first.  My response is usually "does that mean we forget what got us Trump in the first place?".  Just saw a poll that has McConnel up by 17 points in his race right now, for example.

I can also see a future where Biden is bogged down by recovering from Bush II on steroids and folks losing patience with not getting it all done in two years.  "Slowest economic recovery in US history", let's not make that mistake again, please.

Archived