Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

There is literally no revelation that would make me reconsider my vote and we are 90 days out.  

Go ahead, try out some examples.

I'm not talking about any election involving Trump.  Trump is an abnormal case.   In a normal case, involving actual humans, their could be late a revelation.

Say you vote for Candidate X on Sept. 30.  On Oct. 30, a report comes out, that he abused his ex-wife.  More abuse reports about candidate X come out before the election.   The people who votes for candidate X, may want to change their vote then.

I know some places let you change you vote but I don't think that's widespread.

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I'm not talking about any election involving Trump.  Trump is an abnormal case.   In a normal case, involving actual humans, their could be late a revelation.

Say you vote for Candidate X on Sept. 30.  On Oct. 30, a report comes out, that he abused his ex-wife.  More abuse reports about candidate X come out before the election.   The people who votes for candidate X, may want to change their vote then.

I know some places let you change you vote but I don't think that's widespread.

Already answered this.  If you are on the fence, then early voting isn't for you.  

That interview was typical Trump.   It shows you how delusional he is but that doesn't matter to the Trumpsters and GOPers voting for him. Anyone taking advice from Trump, deserves what coming to then.

Other than one debate, just to see Joe looking presidential vs Trump being his idiot non-presidential; is all we need.   

Also, they should have the first debate right after Labor Day; not the end of September. Those early voters should see Biden vs Trump at least once; before casting their vote.  No, the debate shouldn't sway their vote but you should be able to see the candidates side by side; at least once, before casting your vote.

Actually, for me; one of the debates did help me decide.  1992.  I was flipping between Clinton and Perot but something Clinton said in the debate convinced me to vote for him.

For 2020, I already said I am enthusiastically voting for Biden.

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Also, they should have the first debate right after Labor Day; not the end of September. Those early voters should see Biden vs Trump at least once; before casting their vote.  No, the debate should've sway their vote but you should be able to see the candidates side by side; at least once, before casting your vote.

A lot of people don't need to see any more to make their decision. In fact, it is pretty ridiculous if you do.  

Every time Trump opens his mouth it is clear he doesn't have the slightest clue what he is talking about.  Not in the sense of disagreeing with him politically, but in the sense that he just doesn't understand these things on a fundamental level.   Trump knows one thing, self promotion.  It seems like no matter he is asked, regardless of what topic, he always wants to steer it back to him, how great he is, TV ratings, & crowds.   He views everything through that lens.  Covid19 deaths "is what it is" but did you hear about the TV ratings for his campaign rally?

19 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

A lot of people don't need to see any more to make their decision. In fact, it is pretty ridiculous if you do.  

Well, apparently there are some who do.    I think whether you are going to vote for or against Trump should already be decided.  How anyone is undecided on that point is beyond me but they are some people who are.

What is undecided is whether you decide to vote at all, skip voting for President, Voting for Biden or Voting 3rd party.

As a matter or principle; I feel there should be one debate before any voting occurs.  This isn't just for this election but any election.

i also feel that there should be 4 debates.   

Right after labor Day: First debate - Involving all candidates on the ballot who can get the needed 270.  This will get 3rd parties a shot.

Late Sept: 2nd Debate: Town Hall- involving candidates who poll at least 10%, That 15% threshold is too high.

Around Oct. 10: Foreign policy debate -  involving candidates who poll 20% and are leading in some states- meaning they had a shot  of actually winning electoral votes.

Week before Election: final domestic policy debate- involving candidates who poll 30% and are leading in some states.

I believe 3rd parties, should be able to participate in at least the first debate.  If you can get on the ballot in enough states to get 270 EVs, then you get at least one debate. After that, you set a higher threshold for each remaining debate.  That higher threshold will likely weed out the minor candidates.  

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

Well, apparently there are some who do.    I think whether you are going to vote for or against Trump should already be decided.  How anyone is undecided on that point is beyond me but they are some people who are.

What is undecided is whether you decide to vote at all, skip voting for President, Voting for Biden or Voting 3rd party.

As a matter or principle; I feel their should be one debate before any voting occurs.  This isn't just for this election but any election.

Okay, you are entitled to your principles.  But it'd be great if you would acknowledge that many millions of voters don't need to see a debate, or anything else, to make up their mind and further acknowledge that if you don't fit into that group, nobody is forcing you to vote early.  I'm not even going to watch any debate, why should I have to wait for them to happen?  Because you have a half-baked principle?

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Okay, you are entitled to your principles.  But it'd be great if you would acknowledge that many millions of voters don't need to see a debate, or anything else, to make up their mind and further acknowledge that if you don't fit into that group, nobody is forcing you to vote early.  I'm not even going to watch any debate, why should I have to wait for them to happen?  Because you have a half-baked principle?

You aren't even going to watch for entertainment value?

The average voter isn't really paying attention.  It's a fact born out in past cycles.  The only people really paying attention to the race before the conventions are mostly those die hard activists with an interest in who wins the nomination or political junkies.   The average joe or joette voter; really doesn't start paying attention until after labor day.  The convention nomination speech is usually the first time, they even pay attention to the candidates.  Then the debates and fall campaign.

I will acknowledge that millions don't need to see a debate or anything else to make up their mind.  They could vote early and nothing will change their vote.  That's especially true for this election.  Hopefully, there will be other elections after this one with normal human beings on both sides. 

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I don't even care who Biden picks as VP candidate, any of those women can run rings around Trump and Pence for that matter. 

Yea, I should have been clearer. First, I agree, whoever he picks will be better than trump, by any reasonable measure. 

I was referring to a normal election cycle I like to wait for VP to finalize my vote. I was on the fence for McCain and Obama in 2008. Liked both. Don't like everything from either. Was leaning a little towards Obama, but still ahd McCain on my mind. But then McCain picked Palin. Tipped me the other way for sure. 

But this election? I knew Nov 9, 2016 who I was voting for - whoever was running against bunker boy. 

I'm voting by mail, I can either mail it in or hand deliver to the elections main office on election day. I don't know right now what I'm going to do. My inclination right now is to hand deliver to make sure it's counted. It depends on how the virus is. I think I get the ballot in early October.

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Yea, I should have been clearer. First, I agree, whoever he picks will be better than trump, by any reasonable measure. 

I was referring to a normal election cycle I like to wait for VP to finalize my vote. I was on the fence for McCain and Obama in 2008. Liked both. Don't like everything from either. Was leaning a little towards Obama, but still ahd McCain on my mind. But then McCain picked Palin. Tipped me the other way for sure. 

But this election? I knew Nov 9, 2016 who I was voting for - whoever was running against bunker boy. 

I'm a diehard Democrat always vote straight ticket and have since I cast my first ballot in 1972. Even though the voting age was changed by then, it wasn't soon enough for me to vote earlier.

14 minutes ago, visionary said:

The debates will just make me anxious. I was sick to my stomach watching them last time.   Same thing with election night.  And we may not know the outcome in various states for days.

I still recall the laughing crowd when he threatened to jail Clinton if he were elected. Couldn't watch anymore after that. I wonder if all those people that thought that **** was a game, still feel that way now

Lsf,

Unless I am reading this wrong, you can track your mailed ballot here.

https://webservices.sos.state.tx.us/FPCA/index.aspx

Edit..and I was. That's for overseas and military ballots. I'd almost think Texas would have something in place for you to track all mailed ballots. 

I know my state does. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I still recall the laughing crowd when he threatened to jail Clinton if he were elected. Couldn't watch anymore after that. I wonder if all those people that thought that **** was a game, still feel that way now

They are usually the ones who pretend they didn't vote for him 2016 and won't in 2020..even though in secrecy they will. 

28 minutes ago, visionary said:

The debates will just make me anxious. I was sick to my stomach watching them last time.   Same thing with election night.  And we may not know the outcome in various states for days.

If you remember 2000; then expect 2020 to be much worse.   

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Biden may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but he's freaking Einstein + Tesla x 1000 compared to the mess that is Trumperino.

That only matters if you’re someone that values/prioritizes intelligence.

That’s not a pre-requisite for everybody. 🙂

24 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

This is from the Lincoln Project. Great ad. Where are the Dem ads???  I keep seeing trumps stupid kids all over the place. And republican call to arms. WTF are the Dems?? 

Why should Democrats run ads when others like The Lincoln Project are doing such a great job?  

I want to see positive ads about what Biden will do starting in September.

6 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Why should Democrats run ads when others like The Lincoln Project are doing such a great job?  

I want to see positive ads about what Biden will do starting in September.

Because these are only on the internet as far as I know. But fair enough. Maybe the Biden team is saving money to make a bigger blitz starting in Sept. 

Archived