Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Pretty sure Trump will blame covid19 for economic woes, and while there is a nugget of truth to how it definitely accelerated what was already the beginning stages of a recession, Biden better have a retort ready to go about what he would have done different why Trump screwed up the response, and how much more it negatively impacted the economy because of his defiant nonsense reaction to the medical community. 

He blames everything on something else. All his failures are the fault of everyone but him. Any success he can see anywhere is because of him. To your point, "The Buck Stops Here" doesn't exist with him. They've done a good job with "I take no responsibility at all". Continue to paint him as the biggest whiny wannabe victim.

My biggest reservation with mail in ballots has nothing to do with the front-end fraud and everything to do with the security and integrity of the ballots themselves once placed in the mail. I am way more concerned with ballots in certain counties magically going missing, which will of course be found way after the fact and written off as much ado about nothing and/or sour apples or whatever.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think it's been fairly clear all along that Harris has been atop the leader board, with others sort of being the flavor of the week on a rotating basis.  

That's been my impression for months now, just from the way Biden and Harris have been acting. I think they're just taking the time to vet, as well as see what happens, since there's not much upside to declaring early. Even the blowup with Biden allies reportedly attacking her is evidence... I wouldn't think they'd bother if she wasn't the frontrunner.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/03/trump-campaign-point-of-no-returtn-389707

Trump campaign nears point of no return

Time is running out on Donald Trump.

While there are still 92 days until Election Day, the president has as little as half as much time to begin closing the gap with Joe Biden, according to interviews with nearly two dozen Republican and Democratic Party officials and strategists.

Trump’s window is smaller — and his margin for error tighter — because of an expected surge in mail voting due to the coronavirus and because the electorate this year appears more hardened than in 2016, with fewer undecided voters to peel off in the closing days of the contest.

Voters will begin receiving ballots in key swing states as early as next month. In North Carolina, elections officials will start sending ballots to voters on Sept. 4. Four more battleground states — Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida and Minnesota — will begin mailing ballots or start early voting by the end of September.

Trump’s concern about the timing and mechanics of the election was never plainer than on Thursday, when he suggested delaying it because of unsubstantiated claims about widespread mail voting fraud.

The president has no authority to change the date. But he has good reason to be worried. While in a closer contest, the rigors of the election calendar would be felt more evenly by both campaigns, Trump has so much ground to make up in the polls that allowing Biden to lock down even a small portion of the early vote could be debilitating.

Entering August, Trump trailed Biden by 7 percentage points in national polls, according to the RealClearPolitics polling average. Biden also holds an edge in nearly every swing state.

For months, Trump’s hope for a rebound in public opinion polls rested on an expectation that the coronavirus would subside by fall, and that the economy would show signs of improvement. Neither has happened, and the race has stagnated, with Biden maintaining — or even expanding — on his leads.

The one thing Trump needs most is time. “And that’s the one thing that he has none of with this calendar,” said Doug Herman, who was a lead mail strategist for Barack Obama's 2008 and 2012 campaigns.

More at link.  

Also interesting from that article is that it links to this blog:  https://www.oldnorthstatepolitics.com/2020/07/NC-ABM-ballot-requests-July-27.html 

which shows that, in North Carolina, absentee ballots requested by Democrats so far are approaching 50,000, but only about 10,000 by registered Republicans.  

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

My biggest reservation with mail in ballots has nothing to do with the front-end fraud and everything to do with the security and integrity of the ballots themselves once placed in the mail. I am way more concerned with ballots in certain counties magically going missing, which will of course be found way after the fact and written off as much ado about nothing and/or sour apples or whatever.

California allows you to track them though. Mail them early and then show up to vote a provisional if it's "lost".

http://WheresMyBallot.sos.ca.gov

I’m voting in person. 

out here that means I will probably spend all of 60 second standing in line and will be out within 3 minutes. Additionally we’re a low risk area for covid. And wearing a mask is what seems to be appropriate and that’s easy enough. 

The conservatives are revealing themselves as nothing more than projectors. 

they’re concerned about voter fraud, yet it’s conservatives we see getting arrested for voter fraud. 

if you just realize that all they’re doing is projecting how they would behave/think/etc on everyone else, it all starts to make sense

43 minutes ago, tshile said:

The conservatives are revealing themselves as nothing more than projectors. 

they’re concerned about voter fraud, yet it’s conservatives we see getting arrested for voter fraud. 

if you just realize that all they’re doing is projecting how they would behave/think/etc on everyone else, it all starts to make sense

You a very self-aware person.

However, it is fair to point out, we’re ALL projectors. It can’t be any other way.

The real transparency is.... is the amount of ‘insecurity’ (mental/emotional/physical/sexual) that the GOP identifies with. The underlying emotion of fear is so prevalent. It seems to be the only level they’re willing to engage (connect) with the world at.

I’d like a reporter to ask him how many cases of fraud his “Voter Fraud Task Force” found in states that vote by mail (and then supply the answer for him).  Believe the last number I saw was 31 cases out of 1 billion votes cast?

I would also ask him if he thinks he should inform the public what the consequences are for voter fraud - because 1) I doubt he knows, and 2) if he did trumpet that outta his magaphone, maybe he deters some attempts (by his own supporters).  

8 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I’d like a reporter to ask him how many cases of fraud his “Voter Fraud Task Force” found in states that vote by mail (and then supply the answer for him).  Believe the last number I saw was 31 cases out of 1 billion votes cast?

I would also ask him if he thinks he should inform the public what the consequences are for voter fraud - because 1) I doubt he knows, and 2) if he did trumpet that outta his magaphone, maybe he deters some attempts (by his own supporters).  

You’re speaking/thinking logically. 🙂

This isn’t truly an issue about voter fraud at all. He has shown no semblance of loyalty to preserving the integrity of any American institutions (ie. democracy).

This is about winning an election by suppressing votes. If he thought that voter fraud would work in his favor, then voting fraud is not an issue. Remember, this is a man/party who doesn’t have an issue with foreign interference in elections (as long as it’s in their favor).... why would they have any issue with domestic intereference (if it worked in their favor)???!

5 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I share your concern. A key factor of any electoral process is the good faith of those taking part and that good faith has been battered pretty hard over the last decade or so. 

There will be irregularities in any process involving millions and millions of votes and people. Problems, mistakes, and errors will come up and depending on the political affiliation of the viewer may or may not be seen as proof of tampering. 

At the moment I'm not sure I can see any result of the POTUS election which does not end up in court. It certainly won't be settled the day after the election as usual. 

39 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

You’re speaking/thinking logically. 🙂

This isn’t truly an issue about voter fraud at all. He has shown no semblance of loyalty to preserving the integrity of any American institutions (ie. democracy).

This is about winning an election by suppressing votes. If he thought that voter fraud would work in his favor, then voting fraud is not an issue. Remember, this is a man/party who doesn’t have an issue with foreign interference in elections (as long as it’s in their favor).... why would they have any issue with domestic intereference (if it worked in their favor)???!

Oh, I know...

I think there is a very small segment of voters that might be interested in the info, and if he spoke about penalties and stops even one moron from attempting fraud (probably counter to his goal) that would be good.  But yeah...

I'm getting close to the point that as long as all the ballots are counted by January, I don't care, get it right. 

Rate we are going, we won't know if he won or lost on Election night, it will just look like an asskicking until all the ballots are cast and its official.  

We should be trying to get as many people to early vote as possible, they call elections all the time before 90% counted if its too much of a blowout to expect a comeback.

They call Texas for Biden before Christmas, he can whine all he wants about making sure everything is counted, he won't tell USPS to lose the rest of the ballots if he needs them, but he's gone anyway.

30 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm getting close to the point that as long as all the ballots are counted by January, I don't care, get it right. 

Rate we are going, we won't know if he won or lost on Election night, it will just look like an asskicking until all the ballots are cast and its official.  

We should be trying to get as many people to early vote as possible, they call elections all the time before 90% counted if its too much of a blowout to expect a comeback.

They call Texas for Biden before Christmas, he can whine all he wants about making sure everything is counted, he won't tell USPS to lose the rest of the ballots if he needs them, but he's gone anyway.

As we saw in the primaries, it takes a while to count mail-in ballots.  Since, we are expecting an increase in mail-in ballots this year; it's only natural that there will be delay in getting all the votes counted.  The one thing that will help against Trump; is if the regular in-person voting that's counted, is showing Biden is winning.  Then when they count the mail-in ballots,it will just make Biden's victory more solidified.

If the in person voting is showing Trump leading and then the mail-in is counted and gives the win to Biden; you know will be suing and challenging the results.  The GOP will side with Trump and send their own slate of electors.  This thing will go to congress.   I personally think Nancy Pelosi or whoever is Speaker of House; will be acting President for a while.  

Archived