Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Poll: Gen Z Democrats say Trump is swamping Biden in digital ads  

>>>

President Donald Trump's campaign is inundating young, liberal voters with digital ads — and it’s beating outreach from Joe Biden and the Democratic Party, according to a new poll of registered 18- to 39-year-olds in battleground states.

The poll, administered to Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents, found that 47 percent of the youngest voters — Generation Z, or "Gen Z" for short — saw ads from the GOP or the president's campaign on social media platforms like TikTok and Instagram.

However, only 21 percent of them came across digital ads from Biden or the Democratic Party. Forty percent of all young voters surveyed reported seeing no form of Democratic campaign contact.

“This is not a general youth poll. These are voters that Vice President Biden should be chasing,” said Sarah Audelo, the executive director of the Alliance for Youth Action, a nonpartisan organization dedicated to increasing youth turnout and political engagement.<<

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Poll: Gen Z Democrats say Trump is swamping Biden in digital ads  

>>>

President Donald Trump's campaign is inundating young, liberal voters with digital ads — and it’s beating outreach from Joe Biden and the Democratic Party, according to a new poll of registered 18- to 39-year-olds in battleground states.

The poll, administered to Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents, found that 47 percent of the youngest voters — Generation Z, or "Gen Z" for short — saw ads from the GOP or the president's campaign on social media platforms like TikTok and Instagram.

However, only 21 percent of them came across digital ads from Biden or the Democratic Party. Forty percent of all young voters surveyed reported seeing no form of Democratic campaign contact.

“This is not a general youth poll. These are voters that Vice President Biden should be chasing,” said Sarah Audelo, the executive director of the Alliance for Youth Action, a nonpartisan organization dedicated to increasing youth turnout and political engagement.<<

I can vouch for this. Pretty much every time I go anywhere online, I’m getting a Tя☭mp ad. I have yet to see one from Dems. I’m not Gen Z, but still. WTF Dems?

1 hour ago, The Sisko said:

I can vouch for this. Pretty much every time I go anywhere online, I’m getting a Tя☭mp ad. I have yet to see one from Dems. I’m not Gen Z, but still. WTF Dems?

I see Trump ads all the time. Nothing really from Biden or the Dems.

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Looks like "Sleepy Joe" and "Colored folks are coming to rape your wife and kids" Didn't work. Wonder what'll be behind Door#3

"We'll keep the darkies out of your neighborhoods." seems to be the newest tactic.

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That's my concern. Ultimately, it's not about what Trump has the power to do... It's what his enablers have the power to do. So far, there really doesn't seem to be a line drawn in the sand anywhere.

It's about what powers others have to stop them if they do something illegal or in a grey area or "extraordinarily undemocratic and unprecedented, but not technically illegal."  And I don't think I like the answer. 

12 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That's my concern. Ultimately, it's not about what Trump has the power to do... It's what his enablers have the power to do. So far, there really doesn't seem to be a line drawn in the sand anywhere.

if the election is cancelled... Trump STILL has to step down on Jan 20 (per the 20th amendment)

https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/amendment/amendment-xx

Section 1

The terms of the President and the Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

I believe the House of Representatives would probably have to appoint an interim president

3 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

if the election is cancelled... Trump STILL has to step down on Jan 20 (per the 20th amendment)

https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/amendment/amendment-xx

Section 1

The terms of the President and the Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

I believe the House of Representatives would probably have to appoint an interim president

but im no lawyer..... and don;t want to even pretend to be one!

31 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

I believe that succession is already determined and It would be Pelosi. 

I also think Trump is definitely going to try to delegitimize the election (not delay it), but will **** it up so his base refuses to vote in significant numbers.

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I believe that succession is already determined and It would be Pelosi. 

I also think Trump is definitely going to try to delegitimize the election (not delay it), but will **** it up so his base refuses to vote in significant numbers.

Isn't it a bit more murky though? Members of the House have their terms expire on Jan 3rd, before the EC votes have to be in (Jan 6th) and before POTUS term ends (Jan 20th). So there could potentially be a window where technically none of the House members are "legitimate" if there haven't been elections there either. Then it would go to the Senate.

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Isn't it a bit more murky though? Members of the House have their terms expire on Jan 3rd, before the EC votes have to be in (Jan 6th) and before POTUS term ends (Jan 20th). So there could potentially be a window where technically none of the House members are "legitimate" if there haven't been elections there either. Then it would go to the Senate.

That is a good point.  I think the key point is that Trump has no power to delay the vote.  He'll certainly try to discredit it, which fine, I'll take a President Biden where 35% of the population views him as illegitimate over a President Trump where 45% of the country views him as illegitimate.    

I think the other key point is that Trump only made that despicable tweet to distract from the economic reports, which are cataclysmic, and it appears to be working.  

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

That is a good point.  I think the key point is that Trump has no power to delay the vote.  He'll certainly try to discredit it, which fine, I'll take a President Biden where 35% of the population views him as illegitimate over a President Trump where 45% of the country views him as illegitimate.    

That's true; Trump has zero power to officially delay the vote. But here's another scenario that Trump seems to be floating and which could be more likely but just as disastrous. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/07/31/trump-just-told-us-how-mail-delays-could-help-him-corrupt-election/

It’s telling that after President Trump was widely rebuked for suggesting a delay of the election, he wasn’t remotely chastened. Instead, he floated another scenario that could help him accomplish the same goal of avoiding a free and fair election:

He suggested that only the votes that can be tallied on Election Day should count. 

This may seem like Trumpian bluster. But it’s much more alarming in light of an important new exposé in The Post that reports on big backlogs in mail delivery due to “cost-cutting” by the new head of the U.S. Postal Service — who, by spectacular coincidence, just happens to be a top Trump fundraiser.

And here’s an additional reason for alarm that needs more attention: The impact of those delays could be dramatically exacerbated by state laws that invalidate ballots that are mailed before Election Day but arrive after Election Day.

Guess which key presidential swing states have such provisions invalidating ballots that arrive after Election Day?

All of them do, with the exception of North Carolina.

“In states where ballots won’t count if they are received after Election Day, the impact could be devastating," Vanita Gupta, the CEO of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, told me, adding that this could “result in potentially hundreds of thousands of ballots getting rejected.”

“The delays are going to be unpredictable with the cuts being made on the postal service,” Gupta continued. “That impact could turn a swing state completely.”

The Post exposé reports that Postmaster General Louis DeJoy is implementing changes that have critics charging that mail delays may be “the result of a political effort to undermine absentee voting.”

These changes, The Post reports, include “prohibiting overtime pay, shutting down sorting machines early and requiring letter carriers to leave mail behind when necessary to avoid extra trips or late delivery on routes.”

@mistertim  I edited my above post to include:  I think the other key point is that Trump only made that despicable tweet to distract from the economic reports, which are cataclysmic, and it appears to be working.  

Also, while I very much enjoy reading Greg Sargent and the other Plum Line guy at the Post, his role is very much to point out all of the various reasons Trump is bad.  It's like liberal heroin.

Archived