Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I know this is the prevailing thought here. On the issues there is no way Biden loses to trump on the merits of their pans and approach. However, trumps entire plan will be to make Biden look weak, both mentally and physically. He will bully him the entire time, taking cheap shots with lies and making personal attacks. In most cases I would say bring it on. But we know Biden has a tendency to misspeak. I agree ti's generally a big deal  nor should it be in most circles. But one gaff, one misstep, one time he says the State of Chicago, or 140M have died from Covid or any other mistake and he will be portrayed as weak mentally. That will be in every Republican ad moving forward. Worse, no matter how many times trump does the same thing, it will always be, well that's just who he is. One advantage is that there will not be anyone in the audience to break rules and give trump the applause he so yearns for. That will also keep Biden on path. 

I hope those who think a debate is a good thing here are right. I just think the more you let trump hang himself and the less you give voters of biden to dislike the better his chances are being elected. 

the bigger fear is Biden letting Trump get under his skin, and it turning into a mud-sling-fest.    That is a win for trump, he LIVES in the mud.   And biden has shown himself to be a bit of a hot-head.... over and over and over again. 

just keep smiling and stick to the script ----  even if Trump scores big and lands a couple of dumbass locker-room zingers ----  stick calmly to the script and Trump is toast.  don;t even TRY to confront him, or respond to whatever garbage dribbles out of his mouth.      

stick calmly to the script and Trump is toast.

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I get that and agree that Biden is more than capable, no doubt. And he is less likely to get intimidated.

My concern is that it is apparent that independents (the ones who will decide the election) and his base people have decided that trump misspeaking is OK. It's just who he is becasue he is not a career politician. So he somehow gets a pass where Biden does not. There are those soft trump voters who call themselves independents from 2016 who still hate democrats and are looking for a reason to not vote for Biden even as much as they dislike trump. At least for them trump hits the  __ key issues -  JUDGES anti-abortion, pro 2nd amendment and anti-immigration,  and fiscally irresponsible TAX BREAKS. So one major misstep could be enough to move them to trump over biden. 

In the end, it's probably moot since they will be debating. So I will not repeat my concerns after this. More importantly, I truly hope you are all right. I hope that Biden completely embarrasses trump. I hope he makes him look the complete fool that he is. He should. The last thing I want is for trump to win. So maybe I am overthinking it. I hope so. We will see. 

you were close..... but  this is what i hear from people that claim to hate trump, and would never confess that they voted for him  .... but probably will anyway

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

So, you stand there. Speak calmly and clearly....and don't engage?

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The problem with debating Trump is that he has shown that he has zero regard for the real world and reality in general.  He is just going to rattle off pretend things he has accomplished and go on and on about how great everything has been, which instantly puts any debate opponent in the position of playing defense trying to explain why Trump is full of nonsense instead of really being able to offer their own ideas on things.  If anything, Trump should be instantly fact-checked on his garbage before Biden even responds. (and vice versa).  

Right. You can be 100% truthful and he would be 100% lying. How do you debate that? Call him out with facts and proof, then he'll reply those are all fake? So, either Biden gets up there and opens with 'Most things you hear from Trump tonight will be lies. He'll like about anything and everything. Call it fake news or a hoax like he did when COVID was beginning.....". Then what? Proceed to not respond to Trump's bull****? How do you debate a temper tantrum? 

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

By acting presidential. 

So, you stand there. Speak calmly and clearly....and don't engage?

YES.    exactly correct

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I do not believe that the first statement that if you voted for him in 2016 you are voting fro him again. There is a base that that is true for. But there are many others that I don't think so. Granted, it's anecdotal but I know too many people who voted for trump who will not vote for him in 2020 no matter who the dem candidate is. They may not all be voting biden but they are NOT voting trump. Living in GA I have a pretty good pool to draw from. I also have seen some polls that suggest way more than normal have decided who they are voting for and that majority is for Biden. But we will see. 

The second statement I do agree with. I just don't want Joe to give them any help. But fair enough they are probably falling in line. If they can't find enough reason to dump trump now then they will not find it moving forward. 

I 100% agree with the last statement about getting voters out. I just think trump is doing a good enough job convincing dem voters to come out without risking Joe sending them back. But it is what it is. On a positive note, a sound debate win by Biden could also be the death toll for trumps election chances and put it all to rest. That of course is my hope. 

On a side note I saw the first debate has been moved from Notre Dame to a college in Cleveland (never heard of it myself). They said it was not going to provide enough educational value. Sounds like an excuse to not be part of a circus. Totally guessing as I have no proof, but I thinking the trumps team was making crazy demands. I would not be surprised. 

Case Western is a pretty cool area.  When my dad had heart surgery at the Cleveland Clinic in 2016, that University wasn't far from where we were staying.

If people were swayed by Trump in 2016; don't underestimate the possibility of them being brainwashed again, to fall back in line.  That's why Trump is doing everything he is.  He's trying to get all those voters back in line.  Those voters are stupid and I think many of them will fall back in line.   There's plenty of stuff coming that Trump/GOP will reveal to get them to quit their wavering and fall back in line.   I wouldn't count on those idiot voters at all.    If I am wrong the brainwashed can fight the brainwashing;  then that's a bonus for Joe and he could be headed into landslide territory. 

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

How about let's take the drama down a notch. You jumped straight off some cliff without any real information makes some false assumptions and accusations. I am not sure what you think i am "upset" about or what I am nitpicking about, or seeking perfection from? All three of those are not true - not even close. I thought we were having a conversation and i was explaining my points. All you said was - respectfully you are wrong -0 could have used some context but whatever. I can do that too but thought it more productive to provide why I believe what I believe. You are free to disagree with them but the rest is not necessary. 

I never labeled myself but thanks for doing that for me. I purposely do not consider myself anything but free to make up my own mind so your description verifies I am where I want to be - having my own mind. 

Finally, the reason Democrats lose is because they are so sure they are right, they arrogantly assume people just have to see it their way. They should not have to make their case - it's obvious! That's where they are wrong and is exactly how we got trump. You have to make the case for why you should vote for the democrats and not rely on why you should not vote for republicans.

I am done with this. Moving on. 

This is what you said. 

i am certain Harris would eat Pence alive but for me that is a dead ticket. She delivers no part of the electorate that helps you win. In fact she will alienate the progressives and at least some part of the black vote.

First, I never said you were a progressive. 

Second, the policies that will come out of the house plus the cabinet appointments should make all progressives incredibly happy. The agenda being laid out is the most progressive ever. 

Third, stop being scared of Joe Biden making a gaffe. Trump does this every single day and it's like a Democrat isn't allowed to have any **** ups at all. 

Fourth, I say all of this without drama or a need to take it down a notch. 

Fifth, instead of Democrats (or whatever you are) talking negatively about everything, let's speak with a positive vision and speak with a positive attitude about what Biden/Harris or an Biden/VP pick will do. Cause they will do a ton. If Dems get the Senate, look out. We are gonna get so much positive stuff done. We

Sixth, we are gonna win this mother ****er. 

I cant imagine why anyone would be scared to debate Trump, he's the definition of "fake it til you make it" and I don't believe he knows the facts behind 90% of what comes out of his mouth.

Disable each lie by addressing it directly for what it is, quickly educate the people listening as to what the actual problem is, then give the solution.

Rinse and repeat but Joe cant let him just spew off lies throughout the debate without addressing them.

This should be looked at as an opportunity, not a time to play it safe, IMO.

By end of the next week Joe, what happened to the end of this week?   You giving Chris Dodd to much of say?  Are we looking at Democratic version of Sarah Palin or Dan Quayle?

My guess, that presumed favorites aren't going to be picked and that a late choice or two has moved up the list.  Joe's trying to decide, which one to pick.

Joe better excite some people, because despite Bernie himself endorsing Joe; at lot Sanders voters feel like one of his co-chair.

Yahoo: A Bernie Sanders campaign cochair says choosing between Trump and Biden is like having 'a bowl of s--- in front of you, and all you've got to do is eat half of it'  

>>>

• Nina Turner, a cochair for Sen. Bernie Sanders' now-axed presidential campaign, used a graphic metaphor to explain what it's like choosing between President Donald Trump and Joe Biden in 2020.

• "It's like saying to somebody, 'You have a bowl of s--- in front of you, and all you've got to do is eat half of it instead of the whole thing.' It's still s---," Turner told The Atlantic in a story published Monday.<<<

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

There is no rush to pick a running mate.

And Nina - eat a whole bowl for all I care.

Dem convention is in 3 weeks.  He should be picking his veep soon.  For him, picking the veep before the convention is better.  Convention starts 8/17.  He should have the veep picked no later than 8/7.  Have a week before the start of the convention to build up excitement for the ticket.  

On 7/27/2020 at 10:30 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Without an election this would be a constitutional crisis as every GOP hack lawyer and pundit and MAGA moron in existence would argue against the amendment. It wouldn't be an easy issue. It would go to SCOTUS and honestly, who knows from there

Yes, the second clause quoted above was what was abused in 2000. It should have gone to the House, not the SCOTUS. 

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

5AF41EDE-4C21-41C8-953E-84E7FE806F79.png

If somehow Biden pulls off Georgia, NC, Ohio, and Texas, the election will be called way before California. I think he will take NC, Ohio, and Arizona. Texas is a long shot still IMHO. Also I still don't trust Nate Silver after the 2016 election. 

Archived