Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I can't be the only one worried that Trump is only losing like 1-3 percentage points over the mishandling of a global pandemic. He's gonna get re-elected.

I agree with you (although the national polls, which don't really mean anything, seem to show Biden up 10 right now). Interesting thing about the AZ poll is that Biden is ahead by 5 overall (notable in what has been a red state), but on the question of the economy, he trails Trump by 20. Too many people out there who believe Trump's rhetoric about how the stock market will tank under Biden, without realizing that it didn't tank under Democratic presidents Clinton and Obama......quite the opposite.  That is ominous for Biden as the race gets closer. And people don't realize that their taxes will be going up in the next four years, regardless of who gets elected.

What's going to be interesting is how the Q2 growth numbers, released next week, impact the polls.  Lot of estimates are calling for a 30 percent contraction compared to Q1, but I wonder if its going to be significantly better than that, like maybe a contraction in the 10-20 percent range. Conversely, the Q3 numbers will be out the Friday before the election, and should be very positive compared to Q2. Might make late deciders break for Trump.

The stock market itself is another thing to watch for. Seems like its rebounded too fast, especially tech. Another significant pull back would be trouble for Trump's reelection efforts. 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

I can't be the only one worried that Trump is only losing like 1-3 percentage points over the mishandling of a global pandemic. He's gonna get re-elected.

How does Trump losing in red states and getting crushed in places like Michigan and Wisconsin translate to “He’s gonna get re-elected”? 

Trump is getting clobbered right now. Come on now.

As an aside, I just wanted to post this Trump tweet from the other day:

This illustrates why Trump struggles to answer questions about his second term agenda even from a friendly-to-the-cause person like Hannity. The guy does not really want to be president, and the only reason why he is running for reelection is pure ego. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

His only path to (temporary)  victory is finding some way to keep everyone home and away from the polls on Election Day.

He is finished.

I still think he will use his administration, particularly the DOJ, to try to smear Biden with some cooked-up bull****, but enough people will believe it that it will tighten the race.  I also agree with you that voter suppression is going to be blatant and widespread.  I also predict that Trump will encourage violence by his supporters on election day to drive people away.  

I'm still not sure that will be enough.  His incompetent mismanagement and psychopathic indifference is going to result in him effectively stealing a year of everyone's lives, and a year of education from everyone's kids.  Biden could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and would not lose my support.

The polls are going to tighten.  The majority of the wavering GOP and the wavering Trumpsters will fall back in line.   In a free and fair election, that shouldn't be enough for Trump to win this time.  Trump hasn't increased support.   I firmly believe, if everyone is able to vote; Biden wins.  Now, the size of Biden's win is unknown.  It could be close or it could be landslide numbers.  We just don't know.     Thing is, we know Trump and the GOP is going to suppress as much of the vote as they can.  There will be limited polling stations in Democratic areas.  Where GOP has control, they will limit mail in voting. There actually will be voter intimidation at the polls.  You will see GOP militia patrolling outside Dem polling places. You will see GOP lawyers challenging the validity of every single voter.      The election will not be settled on Nov. 3.  GOP lawyers are going to challenge votes everywhere they can.    Considering it takes longer to count mail in voting;  if Trump is leading before mail in votes are counted but then loses after the count, he will say, it was stolen from him.

Who actually votes this year will determine the winner.  

5 minutes ago, DoneMessedUp said:

Trump is toast. You all need to get over your 2016 PTSD

Even a Biden ass whooping of Donald Trump will not remove that scar. For me, it rivals the internal terror I suffered on 9/11 as a 13 year old

It will go down as a generational fracture in American history that will take multiple generations to repair

35 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

What? Not sure I follow any of this

If the next 100 days descend in urban chaos, that helps Trump.  Marches/Protests need to be managed, non-violent and focused on specific positive outcomes.

A bunch of out-or-work waiters shotgunning Nattys and throwing milkshakes at cops EVERY SINGLE NIGHT during a pandemic is stupid.  And it’s the only thing that can give Trump a chance at winning back some of the middle ground.

We’ll see how it turns out...

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If the next 100 days descend in urban chaos, that helps Trump.  Marches/Protests need to be managed, non-violent and focused on specific positive outcomes.

A bunch of out-or-work waiters shotgunning Nattys and throwing milkshakes at cops EVERY SINGLE NIGHT during a pandemic is stupid.  And it’s the only thing that can give Trump a chance at winning back some of the middle ground.

We’ll see how it turns out...

I kind of see your point, but I think it's a bit of a stretch.  For Trump to benefit, he has to be able to show that those protests are supported by and somehow the responsibility of Joe Biden, who very quickly came out and said he was not in favor of defunding the police, no matter how much Trump lies about it.  Second, reasonable people understand that all of the urban chaos is happening while Trump is President.  Like, it is a really tough pitch to make that if you reelect Trump this stuff will stop, because it started and has not stopped under Trump.  

If the election plays out exactly like 2016 in terms of turnout; then yes, Trump could win.  Thing is, the election shouldn't play out exactly like 2016.

Trump hasn't increased his share of voters.  He hasn't gained any new voters, on top of what he got in 2016.  Even as the polls narrow closer to election day,

Trump is more than likely to have lost some of his 2016 support.  That alone could be enough to give Joe the edge to win, as long as he matches Hillary's turnout.

Odds are, despite lack of enthusiasm for Joe personally, turnout will increase over 2016. That also, should give Joe an edge. 

For Trump to win again, he has to have the same turnout for him, as 2016 and Joe has to have the same turnout as Hillary.  I don't think that's happening.  Turnout 

will be key.  Now, we know the GOP is going to do everything to make Joe's turnout low.  so, we'll see what happens.

It's 100 days until the election. 

Thing is, the time to campaign is now.  We are 6 weeks away from when voting starts.  So, a good chunk of the vote could be before any actual debates.

Coronavirus, mail voting will mean an accelerated 2020 election 

>>>

The political calendar says Joe Biden and Donald Trump have, as of Sunday, exactly 100 days left to convince Americans they’re the right man to be president.

In reality, both have far less time before many voters make their decision.

The 2020 election is widely expected to feature a higher concentration of votes cast before Election Day than any modern presidential election, driven by rule changes that have loosened restrictions on early absentee voting and a pandemic that has scared many people from casting their ballots in person.<<<

So, what happens in the next month could decide the early votes.   Biden has his veep announcement and convention speech.  Trump has his convention speech.

The debates don't start until Sept. 29.  By then, a good portion of the voters could have voted by then.  I really don't know anyone is still undecided on Trump. You are

either going to  vote for him or not.   Now, what you do if you don't vote Trump; that maybe still undecided for some voters.

I already got my ballot but I don't plan on voting and mailing it until after the 1st debate. 

11 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I already got my ballot but I don't plan on voting and mailing it until after the 1st debate. 

While being respectful of your privacy as to who you are going to vote for, I am curious about what about the first debate in particular is going to potentially affect your choice.

19 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

While being respectful of your privacy as to who you are going to vote for, I am curious about what about the first debate in particular is going to potentially affect your choice.

I've already said, I will be un-enthusiastically voting for Biden.   In a normal election, I would go back to voting 3rd party; which I plan to do in 2024 unless the parties nominate someone I feel like voting for.   I haven't even opened the envelope, it's sitting in my wall folder.  I just want to see one debate, before mailing the thing in.  There's no need to vote super early.  What if Joe dies before then?  Donald drops out?  There's no rush to vote now.  However slim, there could be an unexpected change; so I'll wait and see if anything unexpected happens with Joe or Donald before then.  I will be voting against Donald or the GOP candidate, unless somehow John Kasich, my 2016 choice got it.

Archived