Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

George Carlin may have given us the 7 words you can’t say on TV but only an orange hued stable genius could give us the 5 words of cognitive there-ness.

Trump: “Person, woman, man, camera, tv. They say that’s amazing. How did you do that? I do it because I have like a good memory. I’m cognitively there.”

Honestly, why either party is still having a convention is beyond me.  They are doing most of the convention business virtually anyway.  Noone is really going to be paying attention to whatever the virtual convention presents, other than maybe political junkies.   The only speeches that will be watched is Biden's and Trump's and I figure Biden's will get bigger ratings. Only people watching Trump is his sycophantic cult.  The rest of country will tune in to Biden, to hear what he plans to do as President and why we should elect him.

Speaking of Biden, August 1st is next Saturday; the deadline for Biden's veep announcement.  If I were Pence, I would get to comfortable; Donny may make a late change.

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I want to see a young keynote speaker for the Democrats. Always an interesting speech.

I never watch the Republican convention, too out of line with my beliefs.

This year, any speech other than the 2 nominees, is just noise.   Sorry, but a virtual speech; which is what all them are, just won't have the same impact.   There's something different when giving a speech in front of an audience vs just a televised speech.

Honestly, Biden can give his speech from his basement and Trump can give his speech from the oval office.

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Honestly, Biden can give his speech from his basement and Trump can give his speech from the oval office.

Trump can give his speech from his crappy golf course. The Oval Office should not be used for campaign purposes.

BTW, I went to a holiday banquet at Trump National once, it was a dump. I was very surprised.

I can't be the only one worried that Trump is only losing like 1-3 percentage points over the mishandling of a global pandemic. He's gonna get re-elected.

3 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I know we have folks here who know statistics better than me...riddle me this...

If there are only 2 choices in a poll, how can there be a margin of error? 🤔

I believe it has to do with the sample size. Say you sample 100 people. There will be larger margin for error than if you were to sample 1,000 people. Well, with polls like this, you're assuming the data for millions of people sometimes while only sampling thousands.

Think about flipping a coin 4 times. You may think it should be tales 2 times and heads to times, but how often does that really happen? Every time one of the two options is up 2 to 1, the odds of a 50/50 split in outcomes is only one in two. The other half of the time it will be a 3 to 1 outcome.

Now flip the coin 10 times. You still wont get 5 to 5 outcomes all the time. However, there will be on in the 6 to 4 in either direction, than 9 to 1.  If you flipped a coin 10x and repeated tgr process a 100 times, you should find the average being 5 to 5. However, and one set of 10 is less likely to be 5 to 5. The morw times you do it, the closer you get to the true mean (average). 

Archived