Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You know, I think there will no debates. Too risky.

i so hope you are right.  If I were Biden I would cancel the debates with trump and do town halls instead.  He has very little to gain debating trump and everything to lose.  

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

i so hope you are right.  If I were Biden I would cancel the debates with trump and do town halls instead.  He has very little to gain debating trump and everything to lose.  

Respectfully disagree. Biden has nothing to be afraid of when it comes to debates. I'd love to see Harris dismantle Pence's fake ****ing ass. She needs to be ruthless on his ass. 

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

Chris Dodd, showing why Dems can really suck. Does he seriously not understand Presidential politics? **** that dude. 

Biden is going to go with what he's familiar with and comfortable with.  So, it's not surprising Dodd has a big role in Biden's veep selection process.  Biden likes his onetime fellow senate cronies.

34 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

How are debates too risky?? From a health perspective? Joe and Bernie debated right after the pandemic really flared up.....what is different about Joe and the Donald?

There can be no audience.  Too risky from a health perspective.   Trump isn't going to want to debate without a live audience.   The debate sites will probably still be impacted by the Covid surges. 

13 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

There can be no audience.  Too risky from a health perspective.   Trump isn't going to want to debate without a live audience.   The debate sites will probably still be impacted by the Covid surges. 

What does a live audience add to the debate? Absolutely nothing, except in a town hall format, which could be done virtually. The debates will happen.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

What does a live audience add to the debate? Absolutely nothing, except in a town hall format, which could be done virtually. The debates will happen.

I don't know, you ever see those clips of The Big Bang Theory where they take out the laugh track? I don't think the idea of "doing a great job" will come through to Trump without immediate, positive, audience reaction. I think he'll take the silence in a negative way, even though he would know way ahead of time there will be no audience. Also, how will his core group know when to cheer or boo at home without some kind of cue provided? They'll think Trump bombed too, we can't have that.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Susan Rice #2? Good grief I’m starting to get depressed 

Yeah, I don't understand her being in consideration at this point. It's not to say she isn't qualified but I don't know what she adds to the ticket that Harris, Val Demings or Brown wouldn't don't and they have all be in campaigns among a lot of other things I prefer.  

I'm not crazy about Rice, but I gather it goes to Biden wanting someone he's comfortable with and ex-Obama admin folks know they mesh well together.   It's possible he might want to avoid the back and forth of various political camps and pick someone he knows and trusts.  On the other hand she would likely piss off the right and the left and do little to excite those in the middle.

11 hours ago, Hersh said:

Respectfully disagree. Biden has nothing to be afraid of when it comes to debates. I'd love to see Harris dismantle Pence's fake ****ing ass. She needs to be ruthless on his ass. 

I know this is the prevailing thought here. On the issues there is no way Biden loses to trump on the merits of their pans and approach. However, trumps entire plan will be to make Biden look weak, both mentally and physically. He will bully him the entire time, taking cheap shots with lies and making personal attacks. In most cases I would say bring it on. But we know Biden has a tendency to misspeak. I agree ti's generally a big deal  nor should it be in most circles. But one gaff, one misstep, one time he says the State of Chicago, or 140M have died from Covid or any other mistake and he will be portrayed as weak mentally. That will be in every Republican ad moving forward. Worse, no matter how many times trump does the same thing, it will always be, well that's just who he is. One advantage is that there will not be anyone in the audience to break rules and give trump the applause he so yearns for. That will also keep Biden on path. 

I hope those who think a debate is a good thing here are right. I just think the more you let trump hang himself and the less you give voters of biden to dislike the better his chances are being elected. 

The second part of your comment about Harris/Pence - i am certain Harris would eat Pence alive but for me that is a dead ticket. She delivers no part of the electorate that helps you win. In fact she will alienate the progressives and at least some part of the black vote. I think he needs to look elsewhere. Warren, Demmings, Duckworth all better options. Although I still would prefer Warren as head of DOJ. She could have a huge impact on America - more so than being VP. 

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

I know this is the prevailing thought here. On the issues there is no way Biden loses to trump on the merits of their pans and approach. However, trumps entire plan will be to make Biden look weak, both mentally and physically. He will bully him the entire time, taking cheap shots with lies and making personal attacks. In most cases I would say bring it on. But we know Biden has a tendency to misspeak. I agree ti's generally a big deal  nor should it be in most circles. But one gaff, one misstep, one time he says the State of Chicago, or 140M have died from Covid or any other mistake and he will be portrayed as weak mentally. That will be in every Republican ad moving forward. Worse, no matter how many times trump does the same thing, it will always be, well that's just who he is. One advantage is that there will not be anyone in the audience to break rules and give trump the applause he so yearns for. That will also keep Biden on path. 

I hope those who think a debate is a good thing here are right. I just think the more you let trump hang himself and the less you give voters of biden to dislike the better his chances are being elected. 

The second part of your comment about Harris/Pence - i am certain Harris would eat Pence alive but for me that is a dead ticket. She delivers no part of the electorate that helps you win. In fact she will alienate the progressives and at least some part of the black vote. I think he needs to look elsewhere. Warren, Demmings, Duckworth all better options. Although I still would prefer Warren as head of DOJ. She could have a huge impact on America - more so than being VP. 

This is a great example of why Democrats lose. We create the dumbest **** to be upset about and nitpick to death. In the meantime the GOP has a super racist POTUS, with a abuse of power AG and a fake ass Christian VP. 

So-called progressives seeking perfection are wearing thin with me. 

Archived