Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

God damnit now I have to vote for a 15$ minimum wage to vote against trump?

im not happy about that. 

We almost have that in Canada ($14). And we can smoke weed legally.

Our country didn’t fall apart 😎

2 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

We almost have that in Canada ($14). And we can smoke weed legally.

Our country didn’t fall apart 😎

Yeah I don’t usually think any one idea is going to make the country fall apart just because I don’t like it. 

I was hoping we wouldn’t go down the “trump is awful so you have no choice but to vote for Biden so let’s push through our progressive platform so we can later say we have a mandate and all these people support our ideas even though they don’t, they just hated trump”

cause I don’t know that it’ll go over that well. 

23 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Or we can just get rid of trump and not actually change anything that is fundamentally broken in this country so another Trump like Gaetz can come along and just pick up right where he left off 

Correct

these are the only options 

43 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah I don’t usually think any one idea is going to make the country fall apart just because I don’t like it. 

I was hoping we wouldn’t go down the “trump is awful so you have no choice but to vote for Biden so let’s push through our progressive platform so we can later say we have a mandate and all these people support our ideas even though they don’t, they just hated trump”

cause I don’t know that it’ll go over that well. 

How do you think Biden made peace with Bernie? Biden , while not going full Bernie; is going to have a very progressive agenda. Whether he actually can enact that agenda, remains to be seen? If Biden doesn't get enough progressives to vote for him, Trump will win. Progressives are close to 40% of Dem electorate.  

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Without an election this would be a constitutional crisis as every GOP hack lawyer and pundit and MAGA moron in existence would argue against the amendment. It wouldn't be an easy issue. It would go to SCOTUS and honestly, who knows from there

And in that scenario, if they were to pass, they would unleash hell on themselves and their country.

If they really think about it, I'm sure they'll realize that they like living, and seeing their children (and grandchildren) live, rather than going down in history as little more than war criminals ( who deserve a war criminals death)

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Everyone - Please do not take this lightly. Make sure to check. 

The Republicans have done so much purging of records in an effort to suppress the vote, you could very easily find yourself not registered.  

Please check even if you are sure you are registered. It takes less than a minute. 

I check mine every month because Texas. I did vote by mail in the run off in mid July. I voted as soon as I could. We must, if voting by mail, so the USPS doesn't get flooded too close to official election day.

I made $7/hour back in 1984, without benefits. And you know that those making minimum wage are probably part timers without benefits. Think about that in terms of today's basic living expenses. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

God damnit now I have to vote for a 15$ minimum wage to vote against trump?

im not happy about that. 

Im certain that you don’t make under $15 an hour (or close to it even) and haven’t for quite some time. Why is this even an issue for you?

For me, min wage isn’t even on my radar and I manage a business that has a number of employees that would be effected by this.

3 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

We just spent a couple months paying everyone that in UI benefits. Stock market didn't seem to care.

Because they know the next round of tax cuts will again cut taxes for the wealthy and dump the burden on the rest.

10 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I really really hope he keeps believing this sort of bizarre bull**** up until November. Obviously his new campaign manager is trying to steer him away from himself but we all know that will eventually backfire.

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Im certain that you don’t make under $15 an hour (or close to it even) and haven’t for quite some time. Why is this even an issue for you?

For me, min wage isn’t even on my radar and I manage a business that has a number of employees that would be effected by this.

3 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

We just spent a couple months paying everyone that in UI benefits. Stock market didn't seem to care.

it’s an issue because it is a drastic change to our economics

are we only supposed to have opinions on things that directly impact us? Does your wage being above 15$ mean it doesn’t directly impact you? I think there is an easy argument it still does...

don’t care about the stock market and UI but ok. 

this isn’t the thread to debate minimum wage stuff. Just pointing out I’m not on board with it and I’m not happy that’s going to be a platform issue for Biden. 

Not sure what it means big picture. We’ll see. 

The Atlantic: Don’t Count Trump Out  

Click link above for full article.

>>>

Let’s stipulate right away that President Donald Trump is losing this race. Set aside the particulars—how suburban voters are migrating toward Joe Biden, and how seniors are rethinking their support too. Consider the basics.

Presidents are supposed to keep Americans employed. The jobless rate now stands at 11 percent—more than 3 points higher than when Jimmy Carter lost reelection in 1980 and when George H. W. Bush was defeated in 1992.

Presidents are supposed to keep Americans safe. About 140,000 have died from COVID-19, more than twice the number that perished in the Vietnam War, which doomed Lyndon B. Johnson’s reelection chances in 1968.

Presidents are supposed to attract voters outside their loyal base. Trump’s approval rating stands at 38 percent, according to Gallup; no president since Harry Truman in 1948 has won reelection with a number less than 40 percent.

So what—it’s over, then? Maybe not. Facing the combined calamities of a pandemic and an economic meltdown, Trump hasn’t collapsed. His base never really grows, but neither does it crumple, keeping him competitive. “If Trump could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and not lose supporters, he could also raise the dead on Fifth Avenue and not gain any supporters,” Charles Franklin, the director of the Marquette Law School poll, told me.

The pointless feuds and rage tweets, the conspiracism and obsessions all seem baked in—none of that seems to surprise the electorate anymore. He could win. He might win. Here are six reasons why.<<<

6 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:
North Carolina poll

Interesting numbers in NC. Hard for me to gauge with everything shut down if they are accurate at the POTUS and Senate levels. I knew Hillary had no chance here in 2016 despite polls suggesting it was a toss up and she got smoked here.  I suspect it's in play for Biden, especially after the colossal **** up by the reopen people down here and the dumb **** GOP Governor candidate. His campaign continues to have events with no masks and no social distancing and that's gonna drag down Trump even more. The sitting GOP Senator is not well liked down here either. NC has been feeling the impact of not expanding medicaid and he was the primary force against it when in state government. Plus cities down here are ramping up poll site openings for early voting. We are not ****ing around. 

Archived