Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The fact that 20% of the country thinks Trump is doing a good job with corona is staggering to me.

I have a feeling it's something this nation is going to have to grapple with for some time, especially once Trump is out of the WH and we find out even more about how bad things got and how much he abused the office. How could someone so inconceivably ignorant, so completely and utterly immoral, so overtly racist, and so unapologetically corrupt be elected and then enthusiastically supported for 4 years by upwards of 40% of the people of this country?

45 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I have a feeling it's something this nation is going to have to grapple with for some time, especially once Trump is out of the WH and we find out even more about how bad things got and how much he abused the office. How could someone so inconceivably ignorant, so completely and utterly immoral, so overtly racist, and so unapologetically corrupt be elected and then enthusiastically supported for 4 years by upwards of 40% of the people of this country?

I've said for years we've been going through the dumbification of America. Things like American Idol, reality TV, Fox News etc.

Many in this country lack even the simplest critical thinking ability. That and/or they have absolutely no empathy whatsoever.

Chris Wallace is claiming that they've reached out to Biden's campaign for an interview and that they have declined, at least at this time.

I wish Joe would do the interview with Wallace.  Even though you can counter that Trump never seems to agree to an interview unless its with Fox (there have been a few rare exceptions), Wallace is about as fair as you're going to get, particularly when you saw how little of Trump's BS he was letting slide. 

6 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

It's a great start, but $15 an hour isn't enough to get you into one job territory in a lot of places.

Yea, that';s $31,200/yr. That barely gets you out of poverty level. It varies from state to state, but on average in the US - $26,200 is the poverty level for a family of 4.  Not everyone can make 6 figures but getting closer to the median of $62,000 should be the goal. 

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Yea, that';s $31,200/yr. That barely gets you out of poverty level. It varies from state to state, but on average in the US - $26,200 is the poverty level for a family of 4.  Not everyone can make 6 figures but getting closer to the median of $62,000 should be the goal. 

Family of four would usually have two working adults right?  That’s 62,400 if they’re both working full time admin wage.  It’s not perfect buts it’s a great place to start. 

I don’t think min wage is enough.  The US needs more and stronger unions.  Workers need to be unionized at most every job, especially on the low end.  That’s the only way the US will creep towards matching the benefits workers have in Europe.  We work more, for less, here in the US than our other advanced western counterparts.

Put more directly we need less percentage of total revenue making it to the executive level.  This needs to be the goal of America’s working class.

Trade deals and taxes should be structured to assist in this goal.  Make it more expensive to offshore jobs.  

13 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Close to a quarter of a million COVID-19 American deaths by election day are going to be hard to forget.

The GOPs mishandling of this pandemic is going to cost them. Bigly.

You're assuming theirs going to be a (normal) election.  I see two trains on a collision course -- the COVID virus at 300% strength during election season, and in-person voting rules -- and I dont see how its going to be possible to hold an election, as things stand right now.  We have to agree NOW, on a plan for what to do in the likelihood of nationwide shutdown amidst a resurgent Coronavirus come election time.  We cant wait any longer to come up with a plan, otherwise we KNOW Trump is going to use as an excuse to delay, cancel, or dispute the election.  And honestly, aside from the fact that we know he did this on purpose, he would actually have a decent point. 

There's also the possibility, considering the only people who dont take the Coronavirus very seriously are Trump voters, that Trump could outright win an election that is conducted in-person in the majority of locales.  If in-person is going to be risky, and the only option in many places, thats gonna skew the vote heavily towards the idiot-population. 

There have been a few articles posted with the - easy now, it's a long way from the election message. And they make excellent points, many I agree with. Not here to say anything is in the bag. In fact my biggest fear with these polls is complacency. There are a lot of Dems who do not vote regularly. They have to be motivated. Consistent double digit polls for their person is reason enough to stay home. 

But I ran across this Op/Ed that discusses some of the flaws in the 2016 polling and why thinking this election is different is valid. For me, one of the biggest points is the paragraph below. More than most elections i believe many people for this election have already decided who they are going to vote for, a much higher % than previous elections. There is very little that is changing their mind - and that goes both ways. If the numbers below are to be believed there are only 4% that have not decided vs 15% in 2016. That is a huge difference in that 15% can easily determine an election where 4% is very unlikely to make any difference unless it's already very close, which it's not. 

Maybe I just need to believe this for my sanity. If so, fair enough. But the writer does make some good points. https://www.marke****ch.com/story/trump-is-losing-big-to-biden-in-voter-polls-heres-how-this-will-likely-play-out-on-election-day-2020-07-27?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

"The 2020 election also stands in stark contrast to 2016 in terms of how many undecided voters there are. Few voters are on the sidelines in an election with stakes for the future of the country as high as the election of 1860. Compared to 2016’s 15% undecided voter pool, a scant 4% of voters now report being   “not sure” who they will vote for, according to YouGov/Economist polling, which I should emphasize is polling registered voters and is not yet imposing any type of likely voter modeling. These are sure signs that voters know what side they are on in this election, which with the addition of the pandemic has become a referendum on America herself. "

12 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I wish Joe would do the interview with Wallace.  Even though you can counter that Trump never seems to agree to an interview unless its with Fox (there have been a few rare exceptions), Wallace is about as fair as you're going to get, particularly when you saw how little of Trump's BS he was letting slide. 

I agree he should do an interview with him but right now he’s doing perfectly fine just letting Trump make a fool of himself. I would stick with that until September(ish). No one is going to remember an interview in July, and all it could possibly achieve is fodder for Trump’s campaign. 

9 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Once you take out taxes, it would be closer to the lower side of 20k a year.

I wouldn't do the interview with Wallace right now. You never want to do something like that and look like it's only because the other campaign wants it.

Trump will do something as stupid as his Wallace interview and then demand Biden go do that next and forget about the Fox thing.

Said it before since its a football board. If you're running the ball and gaining 1st downs....and you have the lead. You don't start throwing because the other team is complaining that you aren't. At least you don't until they are giving you the perfect defense to throw against. This isn't a prevent defense situation. The other team keeps fumbling and throwing INTs.

9 hours ago, Koala said:

You're assuming theirs going to be a (normal) election.  I see two trains on a collision course -- the COVID virus at 300% strength during election season, and in-person voting rules -- and I dont see how its going to be possible to hold an election, as things stand right now.  We have to agree NOW, on a plan for what to do in the likelihood of nationwide shutdown amidst a resurgent Coronavirus come election time.  We cant wait any longer to come up with a plan, otherwise we KNOW Trump is going to use as an excuse to delay, cancel, or dispute the election.  And honestly, aside from the fact that we know he did this on purpose, he would actually have a decent point. 

There's also the possibility, considering the only people who dont take the Coronavirus very seriously are Trump voters, that Trump could outright win an election that is conducted in-person in the majority of locales.  If in-person is going to be risky, and the only option in many places, thats gonna skew the vote heavily towards the idiot-population. 

Trump's term ends at noon, Jan 20th, 2021 without an election. That's per the 20th amendment. 

The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

Also same amendment.

If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President. If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Trump's term ends at noon, Jan 20th, 2021 without an election. That's per the 20th amendment.

Without an election this would be a constitutional crisis as every GOP hack lawyer and pundit and MAGA moron in existence would argue against the amendment. It wouldn't be an easy issue. It would go to SCOTUS and honestly, who knows from there

33 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Periodic reminder to check your voter registration status and/or register to vote.  You can either google "voter registration status [your state]" or go to vote.org (but they collect your email address). 

And if you do vote by mail, make sure you send it in a good two weeks prior to election day.

31 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Periodic reminder to check your voter registration status and/or register to vote.  You can either google "voter registration status [your state]" or go to vote.org (but they collect your email address). 

Everyone - Please do not take this lightly. Make sure to check. 

The Republicans have done so much purging of records in an effort to suppress the vote, you could very easily find yourself not registered.  

Please check even if you are sure you are registered. It takes less than a minute. 

Archived