Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, DoneMessedUp said:

I think all of the Georgia statewide elections are going to come down to the GOTV efforts, the groundwork for which was laid by Stacey Abram's run for governor.  It'll also probably come down to how effectively Gov. Kemp and the GOP can suppress the vote, which is what Abram's current organization is fighting against.  

21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Shes not winning and she knows it.

Probably so, but if she pulled a comeback; then that means odds aren't good for a Dem takeover.  She is one of the losses the Dems are counting on but if she doesn't lose, that's not a good thing.

8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Probably so, but if she pulled a comeback; then that means odds aren't good for a Dem takeover.  She is one of the losses the Dems are counting on but if she doesn't lose, that's not a good thing.

Exactly.  Dems are really counting on Maine, Colorado and Arizona all flipping.  They are going to lose Alabama, so (assuming Biden wins) they need one more from Montana, NC or, less likely, Georgia or Iowa.  I suppose they could lose Maine and get two from the toss-ups, but it would make it much less likely.  

32 minutes ago, clietas said:

Even five debates seems like more than enough. Let alone sixteen in a lot of sparsely populated counties. The concern has now clearly turned to desperation. 🤭

That letter sounded like Collins was on coke or something. "LETS HAVE ELEVNTY BILLION DEBATES. STARTING 19 HOURS AGO. I CAN COME TO YOUR HOUSE. I'M ACTUALLY THERE ALREADY. COME OUT! I'M CONCERNED ABOUT YOU!"

4 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

You got to throw in some qualifiers, Joe. Maybe first openly racist President this century.

Maybe first "not trying to hide it and making it worse nationally to get re-elected".

*Woodrow Wilson has entered the chat.

Nevermind, this century then...

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Bull Joe. This country has had racists as President before. Trump has been the most open and embracing racism.

That's honestly what I think he meant, and even that is debatable.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

In living memory?

*sigh, again, debatable : (

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

In living memory?

I'd say Trump is just the first one to say the quiet parts out loud. Let's not pretend that the Southern Strategy didn't happen or that Reagan, Bush, and W Bush didn't use it.

I don't necessarily think those guys were "racist" in the classic sense, but they certainly used racist and race baiting campaign and governing strategies that appealed to white grievance and resentment. Though at some point I think it becomes a distinction without a difference.

Archived