Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

7 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Kanye’s gotta have a record or project dropping soon. This is all a ploy. He’s crazy like a fox. Oh he’s crazy too, but he isn’t dumb.

I was right there with you until he expressed his extreme ignorance and badmouthed Harriet Tubman. Then he promised a million dollars to everyone with a baby. 

I accept that he might once have been bright, but his light bulb appears to have dimmed some years ago.

If anything, he needs help and this looks like a cry for it. 

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Who are they speaking to? Convention is virtual. I love John, but having a Republican speak at the DNC isn’t going to please the progressive base.

Well, I think it took every ounce of restraint he had during the debates not to just straight up call trump an idiot. He was one of the last GOP voices against him. For Biden to have his support is a big deal, imo. 

A bigger offense would be staying silent. 

8 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Well, I think it took every ounce of restraint he had during the debates not to just straight up call trump an idiot. He was one of the last GOP voices against him. For Biden to have his support is a big deal, imo. 

A bigger offense would be staying silent. 

If John was still running for anything as a Republican; I doubt he would be doing that.

49 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Who are they speaking to? Convention is virtual. I love John, but having a Republican speak at the DNC isn’t going to please the progressive base.

Biden is trying to give traditionally GOP voters who don't like Trump and Obama/Trump voters a permission structure to vote for him.  It is similar to what The Lincoln Project and Republicans Against Trump are doing (when they aren't just trolling Trump).  I seriously doubt Kasich is going to show up and advocate for GOP policies, he's going to say that Trump is a disaster, bad for America, and that reasonable republicans should vote for Biden. I would certainly hope the progressive base isn't offended because one anti-Trump republican showed up.  

Edit:  I would also invite some member of the academic conservative establishment, like Bill Kristol or George Will or someone like that. 

4 hours ago, No Excuses said:

When the tent is big enough to include Bernie Sanders and John Kasich, you know it’s getting serious

The Democrats are going to stop being the party of the left (and I don’t just mean liberals I mean honest to god slightly left of center traditional politics, as well as everything else)

to just being where the sane people go. 

I usually try to think a out political party moves along the lines of strategy instead of morality or even ideology (cause it seems to me that’s how it operates at the top anyways) and so I often put myself in the shoes of being in charge of the GOP and asking what should they do. And the only answer I can come up with is wait until the Dems screw up and make platform changes to take advantage (whatever that might mean)

i don’t really see a winning strategy otherwise. 

I mean voter suppression is an obvious one but i try to stay within the bounds of things that are not nefarious 

Some guy is making "living statutes" around DC.  :ols:

trump-the-bunker.jpg

trump-the-poser-2048x1536.jpg

trump-back-to-school.jpg

1 minute ago, clietas said:

Kasich is fine. Kristol or Will? Hell no.

Why not?  They both ****ing hate Trump.  They can make the case to vote for Biden much more effectively to moderate republicans than Bernie can.  

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Oh Hi, John!

Bernie Twitter is pretty fussy today.  And I like that.

They **** about being overlooked and then they waste their time arguing how the party should be exclusive only to their voices. There is a place for both progressive and conservative Democrats in the party. 

Tbf, Kasich is 100x closer to the Democrat Party than Trumps **** GOP. 

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Why not?  They both ****ing hate Trump.  They can make the case to vote for Biden much more effectively to moderate republicans than Bernie can.  

Kristol n his Weekly Standard cronies helped Trumps rise. Dude spent years on Fox ****ting on all things related to Democrats. **** him.

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

They **** about being overlooked and then they waste their time arguing how the party should be exclusive only to their voices. There is a place for both progressive and conservative Democrats in the party. 

Tbf, Kasich is 100x closer to the Democrat Party than Trumps **** GOP. 

“Diversity is our strength!  Except ideological diversity...that’s horrible!”

But seriously, getting a guy like Kasich to endorse a candidate who is basically running on the Green New Deal would seem to be a pretty big win for progressives.

Just now, clietas said:

Kristol n his Weekly Standard cronies helped Trumps rise. Dude spent years on Fox ****ting on all things related to Democrats. **** him.

Well that's kind of the point.  Kristol and Will are figures that right leaning moderates (and especially older) voters trust.  Those voters are gettable, won't be swayed by Bernie or AOC and, specifically for right-of-center-but-not-MAGA-cult voters, are susceptible to the kind of pitch someone from the Republican old guard will make.  

I'm not saying give them a prime time slot on the last day of the convention.  

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

That slot is for Joe Kennedy III anyways (I kid..but i can hope)

Seriously I had hoped he would have run this election,  despite being just 39. His SOU2018 response was phenomenal. 

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Well that's kind of the point.  Kristol and Will are figures that right leaning moderates (and especially older) voters trust.  Those voters are gettable, won't be swayed by Bernie or AOC and, specifically for right-of-center-but-not-MAGA-cult voters, are susceptible to the kind of pitch someone from the Republican old guard will make.  

Sneak old George in there right between Tulsi Gabbard and Marianne Williamson.  

Big Convention Fun!

5 minutes ago, clietas said:

I'd rather hear Marianne give a firey speech about the healing qualities of moon crystals than George Will or Bill Kristol pining for the good old days of compassionate conservatism or beacons on hills. 😈

I mean, so would I; I just think both should happen. 

Edit:  I don't think it would be George will pinning for the good old days.  I think it would be him absolutely crushing Trumpism.  Hell, he already wrote the speech:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/no-one-should-want-four-more-years-of-this-taste-of-ashes/2020/06/01/1a80ecf4-a425-11ea-bb20-ebf0921f3bbd_story.html

This unraveling presidency began with the Crybaby-in-Chief banging his spoon on his highchair tray to protest a photograph — a photograph — showing that his inauguration crowd the day before had been smaller than the one four years previous. Since then, this weak person’s idea of a strong person, this chest-pounding advertisement of his own gnawing insecurities, this low-rent Lear raging on his Twitter-heath has proven that the phrase malignant buffoon is not an oxymoron.

Presidents seeking reelection bask in chants of “Four more years!” This year, however, most Americans — perhaps because they are, as the president predicted, weary from all the winning — might flinch: Four more years of this? The taste of ashes, metaphorical and now literal, dampens enthusiasm.

The nation’s downward spiral into acrimony and sporadic anarchy has had many causes much larger than the small man who is the great exacerbator of them. Most of the causes predate his presidency, and most will survive its January terminus. The measures necessary for restoration of national equilibrium are many and will be protracted far beyond his removal. One such measure must be the removal of those in Congress who, unlike the sycophantic mediocrities who cosset him in the White House, will not disappear “magically,” as Eric Trump said the coronavirus would. Voters must dispatch his congressional enablers, especially the senators who still gambol around his ankles with a canine hunger for petting.

Those who think our unhinged president’s recent mania about a murder two decades ago that never happened represents his moral nadir have missed the lesson of his life: There is no such thing as rock bottom. So, assume that the worst is yet to come. Which implicates national security: Abroad, anti-Americanism sleeps lightly when it sleeps at all, and it is wide-awake as decent people judge our nation’s health by the character of those to whom power is entrusted. Watching, too, are indecent people in Beijing and Moscow.

Archived