Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 NFL Draft Day Thread

TK
Message added by TK,

1223355385_draftpicks2021.jpeg.c39ad75f53563c858124413250ea8c49.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

People don't get it, giving up a **** ton of picks to move up to draft a QB while we are still rebuilding is not going to help us long term.  Look how bad the RGIII trade set us back.  

By the time you rebuild and are a QB away (though we did finish 7-9 last year), it will take a monumental haul to move up in a typical draft for a top QB.  Fields would've been a top QB prospect in other drafts.  The unique circumstances of an overloaded QB prospects this year made moving up less costly.  

Just now, PartyPosse said:

I think we're closer to win now mode than you think, but I don't think it would have been worth the price to move up considering the haul given up by Chicago to move up 2 spots.

We won a horrible division with a 7-9 record with the cowboys and giants one game below us at 6-10.  I don't think we are terrible and couldn't win the division again this year, but I also don't think we are conference championship contenders, definately not SB contenders. 

And with the Scherff situation and other areas of need, giving up all those picks to move up to grab a QB would hurt us long term, imo.  And I don't think snagging a rookie QB advances us deeper in the playoffs this year either.  

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Well guys the good news is that we can't take Haskins this time.

You kidding me? The Dan can and will do whatever the **** he wants. If he wants to draft Haskins all over again at #19 then saddle up cuz he will make it happen.

1 minute ago, Forehead said:

I watched Parsons at PSU...I have a bad feeling he's going to terrorize us for a decade.

Side note, as a Penn State fan, Dallas is killing me here.  Having to root against Sean Lee was bad enough.

Meh, I loved Sean Lee since his rookie year.  You can like a player and hate the team.

2 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

We almost beat the SN champs in the playoffs…

I was happy we won the division, our shiny new QB was fun to watch (after the boring mediocrity that was Smith for half a season), and I enjoyed the game.

But that was the past, and right now it sucks, so I'm going to pretend to not remember the good parts.

Archived