Needs Analysis

WAS
Top Needs:
OL • 
LB • 
TE • 
S • 
QB
Taking a flier on a late-round QB could make sense for the Football Team, but Washington seems fairly satisfied with its Ryan Fitzpatrick-led group of passers heading into the 2021 season. There's still a gaping void at left tackle that hasn't been adequately addressed since Trent Williams exited, though.

How To Watch:

DRAFT DAY 1

ROUND 1

• TV: NFL Network, ABC, ESPN, ESPN Deportes (es)
  • Mobile and CTV: NFL, ESPN
  • Web: NFL.com, ABC.go.com, ESPN.com

DRAFT DAY 2

ROUNDS 2 & 3

DRAFT DAY 3

ROUNDS 4 - 7

• Thanks 1

Hoping for a trade back to add more day 2 picks.  I'm not really sold on one particular player, there are many paths to a good draft.  Here is to an exciting and productive weekend!! 🍻

KD's Round 1 Wish List

1. Justin Fields... wouldn't mind Lance either so put him here.

Large gap

2. Devonta Smith

3. Najee Harris

4. Trevon Moehrig

5. Jevon Holland

Could be convinced but recent reports have me questioning it:

Christian Darrisaw - His core injury surgery needs to be fully investigated and fleshed out by someone who knows more people than I do to advocate this pick.

Guys who I'd love but know there isn't a snowball's chance in hell:

Penei Sewell

Rashawn Slater

Ja'Marr Chase

Kyle Pitts

Jaycee Horn

Patrick Surtain

Want Very Little to Do With Unless Reports are Totally Wrong:

Micah Parsons

Would Be Okay With but Reluctantly:

JOK

Could Cry Real Tears If Drafted in the First:

Davis Mills/Kyle Trask/Kellen Mond

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Hoping for a trade back to add more day 2 picks.  I'm not really sold on one particular player, there are many paths to a good draft.  Here is to an exciting and productive weekend!! 🍻

I'm hoping for a trade back completely out of the first 6 rounds. Then we'll end up with 18 7th round picks. Which would be hilarious.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, mistertim said:

At his size he'd probably injure himself if he kicked a dog.

Marvin Harrison was 6-0, 178 at Cuse. And he sure as hell didn't look that big. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

I want a trade up for a QB but I don’t think it’s the best move. I think they should stay at 19 even though it’s boring. I also don’t want them to trade back and grab another 2nd even though it’s probably the smartest decision.

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Marvin Harrison was 6-0, 178 at Cuse. And he sure as hell didn't look that big. Just sayin'.

True. And I'm not saying Smith won't be successful or that he's not a good prospect. But good lord at 6'0 166 pounds I'd honestly be worried about whether he'll be able to take NFL punishment. That's absolutely rail thin.

And I was reading that in high school he was closer to 6'0 120 (holy crap) and worked a ton to try and gain weight. If he worked that hard but still only got up to 166 I'd have to assume that he's a hard gainer with a frame that probably won't be able to add much in the NFL. Yeah NFL trainers are really good, but I doubt Bama's trainers are exactly slouches considering how huge their program is.

I certainly wouldn't be upset if he fell to us and we took him. But I'd have legit worries about him staying healthy.

Crazy draft watching a dude from hometown likely drafted tonight! Just saw Zaven the other day in town. 

Would be awesome if we were the ones that drafted him. However I'm hoping we win the last minute Aaron Rodgers sweepstakes lol. 

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

True. And I'm not saying Smith won't be successful or that he's not a good prospect. But good lord at 6'0 166 pounds I'd honestly be worried about whether he'll be able to take NFL punishment. That's absolutely rail thin.

And I was reading that in high school he was closer to 6'0 120 (holy crap) and worked a ton to try and gain weight. If he worked that hard but still only got up to 166 I'd have to assume that he's a hard gainer with a frame that probably won't be able to add much in the NFL. Yeah NFL trainers are really good, but I doubt Bama's trainers are exactly slouches considering how huge their program is.

I certainly wouldn't be upset if he fell to us and we took him. But I'd have legit worries about him staying healthy.

Two words.

Return Game. :) 

• Like 3

:ols:  Green Bay ain't trading Rodgers. No way in hell.

Though I'm curious if he'd consider refusing to play this season if they won't trade him. Not like he'd go broke if they don't pay him.

Just now, mistertim said:

:ols:  Green Bay ain't trading Rodgers. No way in hell.

Though I'm curious if he'd consider refusing to play this season if they won't trade him. Not like he'd go broke if they don't pay him.

Schefter basically said on the air that that relationship is over with. So yes, he would.

This. Is. Jeopardy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
24 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

If we trade up I hope it's for a non QB. 

It's for...

source.gif

Keep an eye out for these 2 in the later rounds.

RB Jermar Jefferson

TE John Bates

• Like 2
1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Schefter basically said on the air that that relationship is over with. So yes, he would.

This. Is. Jeopardy.

Interesting. Then I guess it will be the Jordan Love show with Rodgers sitting around at home. Unless GB blinks and does end up trading him. If AR does refuse to play I'd think they'd want to move him while his price is high...if he sits out for a while season I don't think they'd get as much for him in 2022. As it is now I think they could easily get 2 1st rounders and probably more for him.

Should be interesting to see how it shakes out.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This. Is. Jeopardy.

Rodgers.to.NE.  He wants to win another SB and thinks he can with BB.

John Bates has surprisingly decent speed in those highlights and shows quite a few examples of high pointing some overthrown balls and showcasing an impressive wingspan. I can see why we would have some interest in him. 

20 minutes ago, TK said:

It's for...

source.gif

Keep an eye out for these 2 in the later rounds.

RB Jermar Jefferson

TE John Bates

T.K. Lives.  LOL.  Top of the day to ya.  :)  You came out from under your shell.  

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This. Is. Jeopardy.

GIF by Vulture.com

I'm sorry ... no. the name you were looking for was Aaron Rodgers

Alex Trebek Dancing GIF by Jeopardy!

:229:The Rook

Kinda feels like a bit of Karma brewing in SF. Kyle had to have traded up knowing what he wanted. If the rest of this dreck is anywhere close to true and he’s not made up his mind, AND they tried to sell the 3rd pick to get Rodgers it really feels like an “oh ****! What have I done!” moment.

• TK unpinned this topic