Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 NFL Draft Day Thread

TK
Message added by TK,

1223355385_draftpicks2021.jpeg.c39ad75f53563c858124413250ea8c49.jpeg

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I think anyone hoping that Smith, Fields, or Parsons would be available at 19 was being overly optimistic.

I wonder if we tried to move up for Fields.   Keim said don’t expect us to trade up for QB. Guess he was right.

Lot of great players on the board. 

8 never thought Washington would trade up.

Just now, mhd24 said:

I think the next picks are:

13). LAC-Slater

14). Min-AVT

15). NE-Jones

16). AZ-Collins

17). LV-Darisow

18). Mia-Paye

19). WAS-JOK (or trade down to a team wanting to jump NYG for the first edge)

That's a great parlay bet and I hope you get it in.

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

We won a horrible division with a 7-9 record with the cowboys and giants one game below us at 6-10.  I don't think we are terrible and couldn't win the division again this year, but I also don't think we are conference championship contenders, definately not SB contenders. 

And with the Scherff situation and other areas of need, giving up all those picks to move up to grab a QB would hurt us long term, imo.  And I don't think snagging a rookie QB advances us deeper in the playoffs this year either.  

The team went 6-4 after a 1-5 start. The team had no training camp, a new coach and coming off a complete trainwreck of a season. Last year was really the tale of two seasons. We've improved the most dire areas and still haven't even drafted yet. I wasn't advocating to move up, but if there ever was a time to do it, it was this year. 

3 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

There is no rebuild without a franchise QB lol, it's actually you that doesn't get it. No offense, I get your take here, but if you hit on a QB on a rookie deal, everything you think right here, everything is wrong. The RGIII trade didn't set us back at all, bungling our drafts, FA et all is what did it, also having garbage coaches, the worlds dumbest owner and even dumber GM, that's what screwed the team there. 

I'd rather address other areas of need this year and pull the trigger next year and move up (if we have to).

Archived