Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

I mean, people are free to do whatever they want.  If you want to wear a mask everywhere all the time, that's your right.  I just think it's odd messaging, as if it's a breakthrough.  I wear a mask every time I enter an indoor public place - store, restaurant for carryout, golf clubhouse, etc.  But the moment, I walk out those doors - that bad boy is coming off, particularly on days like today where it's warm.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bearrock said:

How many unvaccinated and less than fully vaccinated people are gonna read the updated advisory and think the advisory for the vaccinated applies to them?  

Now, as for the people who over mask (I fall in this category), I see putting on a mask as such a de minimis burden, I still wear a mask whenever I go outside even after being fully vaccinated.  I don't see anything wrong with people who follow the CDC advisory and not wear masks when appropriate, but I also don't see any problem with people who choose individually to over mask like me.

The guidance is for unvaccinated people too re: not needed alone outside or with household members. This is months overdue, there was no science ever suggesting we needed to normalize wearing masks outside without anyone near you.

There's nothing wrong with it indeed but at some point people are going to have to accept that even vaccinated the risk of getting COVID will never be zero.

• Like 1

i dont really understand why people get so confused with the cdc recommnedations..

i mean its all been common sense the whole time. always wear a mask indoors. if you're out for a walk & not around a lot of people, you probably don't need one. if you're with a mass of people outdoors where you're close to people for a sustained amount of time (concert, waiting in a long line), wear one. i feel like its been that way for a while

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

i dont really understand why people get so confused with the cdc recommnedations..

i mean its all been common sense the whole time. always wear a mask indoors. if you're out for a walk & not around a lot of people, you probably don't need one. if you're with a mass of people outdoors where you're close to people for a sustained amount of time (concert, waiting in a long line), wear one. i feel like its been that way for a while

The trump admin tried to force them into things. There were weird edits to the site at times. Also there’s a reason they didn’t tell us about the change regarding physical items and wiping things down

it turns out if the person in charge manipulates things and uses agencies for propaganda purposes, they cease to function well. 

plus our media. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

The guidance is for unvaccinated people too re: not needed alone outside or with household members. This is months overdue, there was no science ever suggesting we needed to normalize wearing masks outside without anyone near you.

There's nothing wrong with it indeed but at some point people are going to have to accept that even vaccinated the risk of getting COVID will never be zero.

For outdoor activity with members of your household or small outdoor gathering with fully vaccinated family and friends (I assume where the person is the only one unvaccinated) , the recommendations are the same.  

For small outdoor gathering with mix of fully vaccinated and unvaccinated, the recommendation for unvaccinated is to still wear a mask.

Same with outdoor dining with friends from multiple households.  For the vaccinated, the risk is low even without a mask.  For the unvaccinated, the risk is "less safe" even with a mask.  Yet, I'm sure there are going to be people who confuse the categories (or just ignore it) and decide to eat outdoors at a restaurant with a group without a mask even though they are not vaccinated.

Even when both are wearing a mask, the risk factors can be very different.  Attending a crowded outdoor event, all kinds of activities indoors, these are all safe activities as long as you're fully vaccinated and wearing a mask.  But if you are not fully vaccinated, even with a mask, attending a crowded outdoor event is the least safe activity category.  Same with more than half of the indoor activities.  For the unvaccinated, it would be a real mistake to think they can relax their guard (except for a very limited category of activities).

And yeah, I agree the risk is never going to be zero.  Within the recommendations, people will just have to decide how to behave in accordance with their own cost/benefit analysis.  But the unvaccinated has to realize that the they have a separate set of recommendation from the fully vaccinated.

Edited by bearrock

29 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I mean, people are free to do whatever they want.  If you want to wear a mask everywhere all the time, that's your right.  I just think it's odd messaging, as if it's a breakthrough.  I wear a mask every time I enter an indoor public place - store, restaurant for carryout, golf clubhouse, etc.  But the moment, I walk out those doors - that bad boy is coming off, particularly on days like today where it's warm.

Same here...walking around outside with a mask on is and has been ridiculous. 

I’ve been working out indoors at the gym without a mask when I’m distant from people. Also playing ice hockey without a mask. Fully vaccinated since Jan 27. Seems to be working for now.

Outdoors, I’ve never worn a mask.

At work, mask up pretty much the whole time.

• Like 1

Outdoors I wear a mask when walking around people. 

im fully vaccinated but still wear my mask because I consider it a polite thing to do at the moment. Not everyone is vaccinated. And wearing a mask doesn’t bother me in the least. 

I don’t know when I’ll stop. But I’m not concerned about it either. 

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Same here...walking around outside with a mask on is and has been ridiculous. 

This is oversimplification.  it all depends on how many and what kind of people are around you (household, friends, strangers, etc), whether you are just doing nothing but walking or stopping by to chat, etc.  In a country where we are 40-50% vaccinated yet still have a ridiculous daily infection rate of 50-60K, I would be cautious about oversimplifying what measures are ridiculous and what measures are not.  Many people are gonna manipulate those recommendations to suit their own behavior.  Outdoor activity with your household members?  All systems go for maskless.  But is it really a big deal if we stop by to chat with a neighbor for 5 mins?  10?  If a friend joins on our walk?  Two friends?  Three friends?  What about the occasional small gathering outdoors with family and a few friends?  CDC says all good for maskless if everybody is vaccinated.  Are people really gonna keep track of whether they are the only person not vaccinated among fully vaccinated people?  Common sense is right as many posters have noted.  But if common sense was so common, we wouldn't be here.  Lot of people are gonna interpret those recommendations without a drop of common sense.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

West Virginia will give $100 savings bonds to people 16 to 35 who get vaccinated.

West Virginia will give $100 savings bonds to 16- to 35-year-olds who get a Covid-19 vaccine, Gov. Jim Justice said on Monday.

There are roughly 380,000 West Virginians in that age group, many of whom have already gotten at least one shot, but Mr. Justice said he hoped the money would motivate the rest to get inoculated, as “they’re not taking the vaccines as fast as we’d like them to take them.”

The state will use federal funds from the CARES Act to pay for the bonds, Mr. Justice, a Republican, said at a news conference, adding that he had “vetted this every way that we possibly can” to ensure that the unconventional use of the funds was allowed.

The bonds will be also be available to anyone in that age group who has already been vaccinated, Mr. Justice said.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, China said:

West Virginia will give $100 savings bonds to people 16 to 35 who get vaccinated.

West Virginia will give $100 savings bonds to 16- to 35-year-olds who get a Covid-19 vaccine, Gov. Jim Justice said on Monday.

Click on the link for the full article

I was saying this a few weeks ago! Start paying people in red areas to get vaccinated. I don't care if they feel like they "got over on us libs." Get vaccinated and end this ****ing nightmare. 

I usually don't wear a mask outdoors, but I bring one just in case i'm face to face with others or kids who can't get vaccinated yet. But also, i don't want to give of Republican vibes... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bearrock said:

How many unvaccinated and less than fully vaccinated people are gonna read the updated advisory and think the advisory for the vaccinated applies to them?  

Now, as for the people who over mask (I fall in this category), I see putting on a mask as such a de minimis burden, I still wear a mask whenever I go outside even after being fully vaccinated.  I don't see anything wrong with people who follow the CDC advisory and not wear masks when appropriate, but I also don't see any problem with people who choose individually to over mask like me.

They still think it's a hoax, but also that it's real but the vaccines are too dangerous and instead we should just get everyone infected thus ending the pandemic.

No joke, I know a guy who's been infected twice and still hasn't regained the ability to taste food months after his second infection, but he refuses a vaccine because there might be side effects.  Aside from the fact that we've got a reasonable number of cases to study in terms of side-effects, he already knows first hand about the long term effects of not getting vaccinated and the fact that getting infected doesn't mean you're immune if you survive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 5

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Arm is definitely sore, but obviously worth it. The pharmacist said the second one in three weeks is a little worse. She recommended I don't schedule anything important the following day. I got Pfizer.

The first pfizer had my arm sore as hech, man. 

I felt a little yucky after the 2nd one, but honestly my shoulder pain from pfizer1 was more annoying than the mild "ick" from pfizer2.  

• Like 5