Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

26 minutes ago, TK said:

Moderna. That's the one recommended by the Dark One, right?

Yes.  Soon you’ll start to notice the sun feels closer somehow and that the outdoors are gradually getting hotter.  The days, longer.  Thats moderna working its evil upon you.  

• Haha 3

I got my first moderna shot on Wednesday evening. No real effects that night except a sore arm. Woke up Thursday morning arm sore as **** but I expected that. 2 hours later at work I started feeling almost the exact same way I felt when I first knew I had covid back in October. Body aches, weakness and tiredness. So I left work went home and relaxed. 10-12 hours later I felt fine and now I just have slight arm soreness. I’m not sure if the first shot was bad for me because I’ve actually had covid before or what but I’m definitely nervous of how bad I’ll feel off the 2nd shot with the first shot giving me more symptoms than most people have.

• Like 4

A little over 24 hours since the second dose of Moderna and so far so good.  Little hair growing on the  bottoms of my feet and picking up some telemetry from Mars perseverance but otherwise good.  ;)

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I was killing time at the Manassas Mall yesterday, I didn't know they were doing vaccine shots. Each time I took a loop around the mall, the line got longer and longer. There had to be at least 400 people in line by the time I left. I told my brother about that, asked him if he had to wait that long to get his shot. He said he went to Trump country and got his shot, no wait at all...smart.

• Like 3

Got my second shot of Pfizer this morning. Have a sudden craving for Cool Ranch Doritos, so I assume that’s the chip I got in my shot?Went mountain biking a few hours later. Still feel great, we will see what tomorrow brings.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Moderna #2 side effects kicked in at the 10hr mark with some vague discomfort and 2.5hr later I’m shaking so bad I nearly had to sit down to take a piss. 

ThatEscalatedQuickly.gif 

also pro tip: do some push-ups within a few hours of getting the shot. My shoulder is far less sore this time than after the first one. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 9

Second shot side effects hit me the day after, about 24-26 hours later.  Body aches, stomach ache, and headache.... wasn’t too bad and lasted maybe three hours.  Sort of the same way you feel right before you come down with a really bad cold. 

• Like 7

Yeah, I felt my low fever, and the next day just stayed on the couch napping.  

I'm extremely fortunate, some folks can't take time off work, much less been able to stay outta work for the last 6 months...

So let's just be nice.  We never know who is on the bad side of whatever anymore.  

• Like 5

Got vaccinated? Here's all the free stuff you can get

After surviving a fear-filled year of the Covid-19 pandemic, getting vaccinated is a cause for celebration. As Covid-19 vaccines become more readily available, companies want to reward Americans who've been vaccinated with special offers after getting their shots.

CNN Business put together a list of companies that are providing freebies when you show proof of vaccination.

Budweiser
Now through May 16, or while supplies last, Budweiser is giving a free beer to anyone 21 years old and up -- who provide their proof of vaccination on ABeerOnBud.com. Bud fans first have to first register at the company's mycooler.com website.

Junior's Cheesecake
From now through Memorial Day, Junior's Restaurant will be offering a free mini cheesecake to anyone who shows their vaccine card at their landmark restaurant at Flatbush Ave. and DeKalb in Downtown Brooklyn. (In New York City only.)

Krispy Kreme
You can get one free glazed doughnut every day if you take your vaccination card to any Krispy Kreme location in the US, the company said in a press release. The card must show one or two shots of any Covid-19 vaccine to qualify, and the offer must be redeemed in store. And no, you don't need to purchase anything to get your daily free doughnut.

Nathan's Hot Dogs
If you visit Nathan's Famous in Coney Island with your vaccination card -- on the same day you get vaccinated -- you get a free hot dog. (In New York City only.)

Staples and Office Depot
Staples and Office Depot want vaccinated Americans to keep their vaccination record cards in good condition. So the office supply companies are offering free laminating services for those completed Covid-19 vaccination cards. A spokesperson for Staples told CNN that the service is available at all Staples locations in the US and currently has no end date.

White Castle
Between April 22 and May 31, burger chain White Castle is giving a free dessert-on-a-stick to anyone with proof they have received a Covid vaccine, according to the company. White Castle offers four versions of the dessert on a stick: Gooey Buttercake-on-a-Stick, Fudge Dipped Brownie-on-a-Stick, Fudge Dipped Cheesecake-on-a-Stick and, as of earlier this month, its Birthday Cake-on-a-Stick in honor of the company's centennial this year. No other purchase is necessary.

Yeah they do. 

After I posted yesterday, I got to just past the 24 hour mark and that's when the arm and shoulder got a little achy. The other shoulder joined in a little bit so I wrote most of it off to a tough workout a couple of days before. Then felt sleepy. Not fatigued,just a little sleepy. Well I did get up at 4 a.m. to be at work at 5 a.m. after about 6 1/2 hours of sleep so there's that. So I thought. Kept drinking water and finished work and headed home. Got home and still felt good. Took a nap. A 3 hour nap. Whoa. I felt like I was getting a fever but wasn't. Took some more ibuprofen and about a half hour later felt great. Think the reaction to the vaccine combined with the other things. Overall,got away with a very mild post vaccination reaction,(possibly getting ahead of it a bit),and I'm good with that. I'll also add I have been aware of a small amount of underlying anxiety about this little virus since it hit state side last year. I wasn't aware of just how much of it there was until I got this second dose. Talk about a load off. Still have a couple of weeks to go but man..... 

ben giroux close call GIF

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, PCS said:

Yeah they do. 

After I posted yesterday, I got to just past the 24 hour mark and that's when the arm and shoulder got a little achy. The other shoulder joined in a little bit so I wrote most of it off to a tough workout a couple of days before. Then felt sleepy. Not fatigued,just a little sleepy. Well I did get up at 4 a.m. to be at work at 5 a.m. after about 6 1/2 hours of sleep so there's that. So I thought. Kept drinking water and finished work and headed home. Got home and still felt good. Took a nap. A 3 hour nap. Whoa. I felt like I was getting a fever but wasn't. Took some more ibuprofen and about a half hour later felt great. Think the reaction to the vaccine combined with the other things. Overall,got away with a very mild post vaccination reaction,(possibly getting ahead of it a bit),and I'm good with that. I'll also add I have been aware of a small amount of underlying anxiety about this little virus since it hit state side last year. I wasn't aware of just how much of it there was until I got this second dose. Talk about a load off. Still have a couple of weeks to go but man..... 

ben giroux close call GIF

The relief is something else, isn't it? Although I still double mask and practice social distancing, I feel more prepared to avoid Covid or if I get it it will be mitigated by the vaccine. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Destino said:

Second shot side effects hit me the day after, about 24-26 hours later.  Body aches, stomach ache, and headache.... wasn’t too bad and lasted maybe three hours.  Sort of the same way you feel right before you come down with a really bad cold. 

You get stomach aches with a cold?

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

You get stomach aches with a cold?

Not usually, but sometimes. Before I get sick I feel wrong somehow.  Like when a car gets a different vibration that only its owner would notice.  Then I just start feeling unwell with body aches, achy joints, head aches, and sometimes my stomach lets me know that it’s done eating for the day.  Not stomach pain exactly, but the feeling that somethings shifted from the standard routines. 

• Sad 2