Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

‘Drinks on Us’: Participating CT restaurants, bars offering free drinks with proof of vaccination

As part of an incentive to getting a COVID-19 vaccine, the state created a deal with participating restaurants and bars in Connecticut to provide free drinks.

From May 19 through May 31, people with proof they are vaccinated against COVID will be offered a drink on the house. It’s part of a program called “CT DRINKS ON US.” A food purchase is required.

Drinks can be alcoholic or non-alcoholic.

“Could be a lemonade, could be a cool frosty. Probably not their high price champagne, but we’re doing everything we can to give you an incentive so that if you’ve been vaccinated, come on in,” said Gov. Ned Lamont.

If you are a patron of a restaurant and your entire party can show proof of being vaccinated, each person is eligible for a free drink.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 3

Doctor Laughs in Top Southern California Republican’s Face as He Asks About Vaccine Tracking Device

One of Southern California’s top Republican lawmakers asked a doctor if there’s a tracking device inside the coronavirus vaccines being given to residents—and got the exact response he deserved. Don Wagner, a member of the Orange County Board of Supervisors, asked his question during a Tuesday meeting to discuss the possibility of vaccine passports—but he let his imagination run away with him. “Is there any intention of tracking folks?” Wagner asked OC Health Care Agency Director Dr. Clayton Chau, who replied “Nope.” Undeterred, Wagner went on: “Is there any, in the vaccine, we heard about the injection of a tracking device. Is that being done anywhere in Orange County?” Dr. Chau paused for a second before letting out a laugh and saying: “I’m sorry, I just have to compose myself. There is not a vaccine with a tracking device embedded in it that I know of that exists in the world. Period.”

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

Just got shot #2. I haven't seen my family in over a year, so you could say I'm pretty excited

Same. My folks live 3000 miles away and I last saw them October 2019. Heading to the east coast in September for a week. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Same. My folks live 3000 miles away and I last saw them October 2019. Heading to the east coast in September for a week. 

same here (im in CA, and all of my family is in VA). it's been fine before covid since we all traveled a lot, but covid made that separation much more difficult. get to see them in June now :)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

same here (im in CA, and all of my family is in VA). it's been fine before covid since we all traveled a lot, but covid made that separation much more difficult. get to see them in June now :)

Ditto. NorCal too but mine live in Southern WV now. Love the direct flight into DC airports..hate the 4hr drive afterwards. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Ditto. NorCal too but mine live in Southern WV now. Like the dkrect flight into DC airports..hate the 4hr drive afterwards. 

Ha yeah, that's rough. I'm lucky mine are about 20 minutes from Dulles, which makes those long ass red-eyes a little easier

• Like 1

My job site as NREL opened up vaccinations to family members, so we're up here getting the wife's first pfizer.

Man, she made the mistake of telling them she has a minor tree nut allergy, so they put a pink card under the windshield wiper and made us sit in the "special" parking lot with the other weak ass people for 45 minutes. :rolleyes:

I kid the immunocompromised 🙂

Edited by Chew
  • Like 2

It’s Not Vaccine Hesitancy. It’s COVID-19 Denialism.

Several years ago, two sociologists researched whether Americans were willing to take a novel vaccine during a pandemic. Taking poll data from the midst of the 2009 H1N1 swine-flu outbreak, they broke out hesitancy by race, age, and partisanship, among other factors. Although the H1N1 pandemic was very different from today’s COVID-19 pandemic—not nearly as many people in the United States fell ill, far fewer died, and vaccines were not as widely available as they are now—the results were striking.

The researchers found widespread hesitation. Nearly two-thirds of Americans were unwilling to receive a shot. But those qualms were relatively evenly distributed in the population. Older people were more willing to get the vaccine than younger ones, and white and Latino people (about 37 percent each) were more willing than Black people (25 percent). Democrats (39.6 percent) were more willing than Republicans (32.2 percent), but the spread was small.

Twelve years later, there’s another pandemic, another vaccine, and more vaccine hesitancy—but that hesitancy has spread differently within the population. Although public-health experts initially worried that Black Americans would be highly vaccine-hesitant, there’s now racial parity among people who want shots. Instead, young conservatives are the great outlier. According to Kaiser Family Foundation polling, 13 percent of Americans say they definitely won’t get a COVID-19 vaccine, but that includes 18 percent of people ages 30 to 49, and a whopping 29 percent of Republicans. Hesitancy is particularly high among people who live in rural areas and white evangelicals—for whom increased church attendance correlates with increased hesitancy, according to a survey from the Public Religion Research Institute.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/27/2021 at 10:08 AM, Hersh said:

It will pass sometime late tonight. Then you'll crush some food and feel good. 

About 12 hours after my second shot, around 1am,  the symptoms hit and lasted for 20 hours or so. Then I was really hungry. It was an excellent meal since I wasn't able to eat all day. 

You were off by about 15 hours...but otherwise dead on.  Been on a diet all year, lost 30 pounds so far...to hell with that for the night.  I need a pizza.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

You were off by about 15 hours...but otherwise dead on.  Been on a diet all year, lost 30 pounds so far...to hell with that for the night.  I need a pizza.

Enjoy that pizza. It's a relief to be vaccinated. Can't wait for the kids to be able to get vaccinated. 

• Like 3

White House blasts Joe Rogan for discouraging vaccination on his podcast

Top White House officials rebuked comedian and podcast host Joe Rogan on Wednesday after he advised his younger listeners against getting the coronavirus vaccine.

“If you’re like 21 years old and you say to me, ‘Should I get vaccinated?’ I’ll go, ‘No,’” Rogan said, adding: “If you’re a healthy person and you’re exercising all the time and you’re young and you’re eating well, I don’t think you need to worry about this.”

Rogan’s remarks to his legion of fans — which have since spread widely on social media — come at a particularly inconvenient moment for White House officials, who are working to persuade the vaccine-hesitant, especially conservative men and younger Americans, to get their shots as the U.S. vaccine supply begins to outpace demand.

“I guess my first question would be, did Joe Rogan become a medical doctor while we weren’t looking?” White House communications director Kate Bedingfield told CNN on Wednesday in response to a question about Rogan’s remarks. “I’m not sure that taking scientific and medical advice from Joe Rogan is perhaps the most productive way for people to get their information.”

“Even if you don’t have any symptoms, you are propagating the outbreak,” Fauci told NBC’s “Today” show. “Because it is likely that you — even if you have no symptoms — that you may inadvertently and innocently then infect someone else, who might infect someone who really could have a problem with a severe outcome. So if you want to only worry about yourself and not society, then that’s OK.”

• Like 2

Second shot whipped the hell out of Ms. KAOS.  Fever and aches all night last night.  She's feeling better this morning, just achy and tired.  Odd how differently we all react.  Highly possible she had it at some point but I'm dubious that I wouldn't have gotten it from her and my immune reaction to the vax was much more mellow.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Who misses concerts?

Concerts?  Yes.  Being in the midst of a mass of humanity on the floor of a stadium show outdoors all afternoon in the hot summer sun...not so much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1