Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

NFL Providing 50 Free Super Bowl LVI Tickets to Vaccinated Fans

The National Football League has decided to use it's platform to encourage Americans to get vaccinated.

The league announced that it will be giving away 50 free tickets to Super Bowl LVI to vaccinated fans. The Super Bowl will be in February 2022 at the SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles. To win a pair of Super Bowl tickets, fans will have to share their story of why they decided to get the vaccination or why they will be getting vaccinated soon.

The league will also offer discounts for purchases made at the NFLShop.com to fans that are vaccinated later this year.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Who is still having trouble convincing certain people?

I don't bother trying to convince people.  You're either going to get it or you aren't.  Perhaps if my mother was still here, I'd deem it worthy of convincing but I don't think I would have had to either.  I have other family members that are too far gone down the rabbit hole, that it's simply not worth the drama.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Almost 3 million doses reported today but in the wrong direction, Skewing more towards second doses. We really need to get more unvaccinated people their first dose.

At some point, it's Darwinism at work.  We may not be there yet, but with full authorization looming and plenty of data across the globe, I'm not sure what excuse a reasonable person would have left to refuse a vaccine at this point or in the very near future.

Maybe they think that they can piggy back off of the vaccinated. Unfortunately, it looks doubtful that we'll ever get to the participation necessary for herd immunity, thus vaccination and booster looks like the path for now.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I prefer bbq and italian sausages with peppers and onions vs. fried stuff at the ballpark.  But I mainly eat out of boredom, god bless the folks that can sit there and relish in every foul ball, it's just not for me.

Way to take the fun out of a joke....

16 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Almost 3 million doses reported today but in the wrong direction, Skewing more towards second doses. We really need to get more unvaccinated people their first dose.

I work for people in their homes and sometimes they talk about the vaccine like they are worried about it and I just tell them the chip has made feel better than ever, and ever since it was installed the slot machines.... they really put out more....

They seem pretty excited. Maybe 50 dollars in free slot play could seal the deal? The pulls for pokes promotion.  Could work.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Haha 4

Tell 'em that minorities are getting vaccinated more than white folks.  

Might even be true.  I assume that white folks tend to be more Republican, and therefore more vaccine-resistant. 

Or heck, say that Biden is sending the vaccine to inner cities (dog whistle, there) who voted for Biden, more than the rest of the country.  (Again, might well be true.  For the same reasons.)  

• Haha 3

Just signed up our 15 year old daughter to get vaccinated.  The City of Falls Church schools are anticipating approval for 12-15 year olds by May 21st, and if so our daughter is scheduled to be vaccinated on the 26th.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

States scale back vaccine orders as interest in shots wanes

States asked the federal government this week to withhold staggering amounts of COVID-19 vaccine amid plummeting demand for the shots, contributing to a growing U.S. stockpile of doses.

From South Carolina to Washington, states are requesting the Biden administration send them only a fraction of what’s been allocated to them. The turned-down vaccines amount to hundreds of thousands of doses this week alone, providing a stark illustration of the problem of vaccine hesitancy in the U.S.

More than 150 million Americans — about 57% of the adult population — have received at least one dose of vaccine, but government leaders from the Biden administration down to the city and county level are doing everything they can to persuade the rest of the country to get inoculated.

U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy said Friday that the federal government has dedicated $250 million for community organizations to promote vaccinations, make appointments and provide transportation.

He cited examples such as holding conversations with small groups of people in minority communities in St. Louis and asking Rhode Island churches to contact community members and offer them rides to vaccination sites. He also noted that a global Hindu American organization has turned temples into vaccination centers, making it easier for elderly members to get shots in a familiar setting. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway has added a vaccination site in which people can get their shots in a Formula 1 garage near the race tunnels.

The Biden administration announced this week that if states don’t order all the vaccine they’ve been allotted, the administration will shift the surplus to meet demand in other states.

In another sign of the burgeoning national surplus, Biden announced last week that his administration would share the nation’s entire stock of AstraZeneca doses with the world once it clears safety reviews.

Covid-19: Free beer offer results in more vaccinations than all Erie County first-dose clinics last week

Saturday was the first day that Erie County worked with a local microbrewery to host its Shot and a Chaser program, offering individuals who got their first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine at Resurgence Brewing Company a free pint glass and coupon for the vaccinated person's drink of choice.

Under normal circumstances, it would be beyond strange for a brewery to host a vaccination clinic in the shadow of 1,000-gallon fermentation tanks, with a brick wall separating a bustling bar service from health care professionals handling syringes filled with the Moderna vaccine. But these are not normal times.

"Given the world we live in right now, it's not so weird," said Ben Kestner, Resurgence Brewing's director of taproom operations.

County Executive Mark Poloncarz, who was nursing his own drink in one hand while directing vaccine recipients to open table with the other, was happy to see the county's first Shot and a Chaser effort going so well. Before the vaccinations started at 11 a.m., there was a line out the door.

• Thanks 3

Free Marijuana For Covid-19 Vaccines Proves To Be A Popular Perk

With nearly one-third of U.S. adults now fully vaccinated against Covid-19, according to the most recent data from the CDC, and the number of daily doses being given now headed down, many health officials across the country have turned their attention to those hesitant to get the shot. Some mass vaccination clinics have begun to close, and smaller sites at some unusual locations including strip clubs and crawfish festivals are popping up to take their place.

People leery of getting the vaccine are also being offered incentives to roll up their sleeves, including cash, savings bonds and even booze. And one of the earliest perks announced, getting free marijuana with a Covid-19 vaccine, is proving to be popular with cannabis enthusiasts across the country.

You can tell we’re close.  I got my second shot two weeks ago which for being healthcare and 30s was surprisingly behind actually some of my younger friends who are non healthcare (No health issues.) so that suggests we’re really getting into the younger people or the whole process is messed up haha. 

• Like 1

We got apt at a MD mass vax sight for our two teenagers yesterday after the FDA approved pfizer's vax for 12-15 year olds.  Alas, the apts were canceled today.  We still need the CDC to give the go ahead for 12-15 year olds to get vaxinated. 

• Sad 1