Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

I support the people that got the vaccine and I support the people that don't want to get it. It's everyone's right to choose what they want to do. The numbers are dropping with the vaccines out. Me personally I'm not getting it and I won't until I know for sure it's safe. I'm not saying it isn't safe, but this isn't FDA approved. The FDA approved it for Emergency Use Only. It takes years for the FDA to find out Vaccines are good to go. Who knows the effects of these vaccines will do down the road? We won't know until years like other vaccines that got shot down cause it wasn't safe. I'm not going to get a vaccine for a virus with a 99.7 Survival rate that they just made within a year time if that.

41 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

I support the people that got the vaccine and I support the people that don't want to get it. It's everyone's right to choose what they want to do. The numbers are dropping with the vaccines out. Me personally I'm not getting it and I won't until I know for sure it's safe. I'm not saying it isn't safe, but this isn't FDA approved. The FDA approved it for Emergency Use Only. It takes years for the FDA to find out Vaccines are good to go. Who knows the effects of these vaccines will do down the road? We won't know until years like other vaccines that got shot down cause it wasn't safe. I'm not going to get a vaccine for a virus with a 99.7 Survival rate that they just made within a year time if that.

The mRNA vaccines use technology that has been developed since the late 1980s. 

The volume of the studies to determine if they are safe was massive. 

it’s incredibly rare for the FDA to force a recall of a vaccine due to safety. A Medication? Sure. But not a vaccine. 

The survival rate is not 99.7%. Depending on how unexpected deaths and symptomless spread is counted (will take a few years of studying) the number is probably going to be in the 1-2.5% range. And that’s not including people who are long carriers that may be harmed by this for the rest of their lives. 

I’d consider researching this and gaining more information on the matter. CDC and Mayo Clinic are nice resources. 

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

Read what the Doyler23 said above. Pretty spot on. 

As someone who has studied biology back in college will tell you it is safe. I wasn't going to get the vaccine if it wasn't. I myself did a lot of research to make sure since I know what mRNA and DNA is how they work in translating proteins and the such. 

All these vaccine do is trick the immune system into thinking it is being attacked by a real virus and your immune system makes the anti-bodies to kill it. It is no different than covid-19 attack. Except with a real virus attack you can have major life altering problem(s) if your immune system isn't able to produce the anti-bodies quickly enough to kill the virus. You have a choice here of course. I wasn't going to leave my body to chance. I didn't want to find out what life would be like with no taste and smell. Covid can also cause brain damage, lung damage and heart damage and other stuff. i am really fond of all of them organs and other stuff in my body. This is why I took the vaccine. But you are more than welcome to play Russian roulette. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

As someone who has studied biology back in college will tell you it is safe. I wasn't going to get the vaccine if it wasn't. I myself did a lot of research to make sure since I know what mRNA and DNA is how they work in translating proteins and the such. 

All these vaccine do is trick the immune system into thinking it is being attacked by a real virus and your immune system makes the anti-bodies to kill it. It is no different than covid-19 attack. Except with a real virus attack you can have major life altering problem(s) if your immune system isn't able to produce the anti-bodies quickly enough to kill the virus. You have a choice here of course. I wasn't going to leave my body to chance. I didn't want to find out what life would be like with no taste and smell. Covid can also cause brain damage, lung damage and heart damage and other stuff. i am really fond of all of them organs and other stuff in my body. This is why I took the vaccine. But you are more than welcome to play Russian roulette. 

Your playing Russian Roulette too by getting the vaccine. 

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Definitely believe people who say they're just waiting on full approval.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

It's not that hard to comprehend what I was saying. YOU don't know what that vaccine is gonna do in long term when it was approved for Emergency Use Only. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

It's not that hard to comprehend what I was saying. YOU don't know what that vaccine is gonna do in long term when it was approved for Emergency Use Only. 

So you are trying to tell us that mRNA vaccines which been around for over 20 years and yet you feel they are not safe...lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

Phizer, Johnson and Johnson etc... look at there TRACK RECORDS and tell me if you would feel safe knowing they made a vaccine. They all rushed it cause it's about Money.

Dude all I am going to tell you is your not going to win this fight here. Please do some actual research on the vaccines and not what Facebook it telling you. They vaccines were not rushed. They cut the red tape. They were able to run parts of the trails simultaneously to help speed you the process. The FDA has even come out there isn’t much different in Emergency Use vs Full Approval. Pretty much the only difference is they can start to mandate it.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

Phizer, Johnson and Johnson etc... look at there TRACK RECORDS and tell me if you would feel safe knowing they made a vaccine. They all rushed it cause it's about Money.

I don't give a **** about the company's name. I know the people who made the vaccine ARE REAL ****ING DOCTORS!!! That is all that matters to me. Who gives a **** who got rich. I am safe and healthy. That should be your end game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, just654 said:

Dude all I am going to tell you is your not going to win this fight here. Please do some actual research on the vaccines and not what Facebook it telling you. They vaccines were not rushed. They cut the red tape. They were able to run parts of the trails simultaneously to help speed you the process. The FDA has even come out there isn’t much different in Emergency Use vs Full Approval. Pretty much the only difference is they can start to mandate it.   

Not trying to win a fight or anything like that. Just having an opinion. Like I said it will take years to really know the effects from the vaccines. How many times with anything the FDA as approved and years down the road they were wrong? Same with this situation, they don't know the effects down the road. THEY can't Predict it cause they don't know and time will only tell. 

26 minutes ago, zskins said:

I was going to wait until the Summer to get vaccinated. Then in the beginning of March, Gov. Abbott here in Texas announced he was going to open the state. A couple of days later, my medical center emailed that they received some vaccine and would only offer for Friday and Saturday. I immediately made my appointment for Friday morning and three weeks later I received my second dose. I'll get any booster shots too. This after a couple of months of researching how mRNA vaccines and this particular one works. You don't receive any part of a virus alive or dead that was made into a vaccine. It encourages your immune system to attack a protein that allows the virus to enter a body's cells. This attack on a protein doesn't give you any part of the lethal virus, just attacks the means (a protein) for Covid to enter a body's cells. 

I jumped at the chance to get vaccinated because even now only about 25% of Texans are vaccinated and people have been going around maskless and ignoring social distancing. I don't know about you, but I don't trust some Texans to care about others.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, zskins said:

I don't give a **** about the company's name. I know the people who made the vaccine ARE REAL ****ING DOCTORS!!! That is all that matters to me. Who gives a **** who got rich. I am safe and healthy. That should be your end game. 

You need help real bad. Do some research on it. 

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Since when do conservatives trust the FDA?

Who said I was a Conservative? Like I said before liberals assume 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

Not trying to win a fight or anything like that. Just having an opinion. Like I said it will take years to really know the effects from the vaccines. How many times with anything the FDA as approved and years down the road they were wrong? Same with this situation, they don't know the effects down the road. THEY can't Predict it cause they don't know and time will only tell. 

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/is-the-covid19-vaccine-safe

Pfizer and Moderna Vaccines

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines authorized by the FDA have very good safety records. The FDA granted emergency use authorization (EUA) because research data from large clinical trials has shown them to be safe and effective.  

Should I be worried about vaccine safety?

The FDA and CDC have a robust safety monitoring process for the vaccines as they are administered to millions of people after being authorized.  One example of this important safety monitoring process is that administration of the J&J vaccine was recently paused so that the FDA and CDC could review data on six reported cases of serious blood clots following vaccination with the J&J vaccine.  After this review, the FDA and CDC will decide what to recommend and will communicate with the public about their findings and any possible safety issues.

Over the past months, millions of people in the U.S. have been vaccinated. The U.S. vaccine safety system continues to watch for any signs of problems.

What steps were taken to make sure the COVID-19 vaccines are safe?

Safety is always a top priority as federal agencies work with vaccine manufacturers to develop and authorize new vaccines. Here are some of the steps:

• Careful testing. All vaccines go through clinical trials to test safety and effectiveness. For the COVID-19 vaccine, the FDA set high safety standards for vaccine developers to meet. This infographic from the National Institutes of Health shows the four phases a vaccine goes through before it is released to the public.
  • Authorization for emergency use. If a vaccine or medicine is needed to address an emergency situation such as the coronavirus pandemic, once it is shown to be safe and effective, the FDA can grant it an emergency use authorization, or EUA. An EUA allows a vaccine, treatment or medication to be used before the formal FDA approval.
  • Continuous monitoring for problems and side effects. Once a vaccine gets an EUA and is being given to people, the FDA and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continue to watch carefully to make sure no problems arise.  Data on thehe vaccine’s safety record accumulates over time when more and more people who receive it report on their experience and any side effects they experience.  One important way to report any adverse events after vaccination is through the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) .

How was the COVID-19 vaccine developed so quickly?

In the past, vaccines have taken many years to develop. However, the relatively quick development of this vaccine does not mean safety measures were skipped. There are several reasons why the COVID-19 vaccines were developed faster than other vaccines:

• The technologies used to develop the COVID-19 vaccines have been years in development to prepare for outbreaks of infectious viruses. The manufacturing processes were ready very early in the pandemic.
  • Countries shared genetic information about the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus when it was available, which gave vaccine developers an early start at finding a vaccine.
  • The testing processes for the vaccines didn’t skip any steps, but the vaccine developers conducted some stages of the process simultaneously to gather as much data as quickly as possible.
  • Governments gave money to vaccine developers in advance, so the companies had resources they needed.
  • Some types of COVID-19 vaccines were created using messenger RNA (mRNA), a new technology that allows a faster approach than the traditional way vaccines are made.
  • Social media enabled companies to reach out to and enroll study volunteers, and plenty of people wanted to help, so there were enough research participants to test the COVID-19 vaccines.
  • Because the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus is so contagious and widespread, many volunteers who got the vaccine were exposed to the virus, and with so many exposures, the trials took a shorter time to see if the vaccine worked.
  • Companies began manufacturing vaccines ahead of their authorization or approval so some supplies would be ready if authorization occurred.

10 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

You need help real bad. Do some research on it. 

I did my research. Where is yours?

Edited by zskins
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/is-the-covid19-vaccine-safe

Pfizer and Moderna Vaccines

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines authorized by the FDA have very good safety records. The FDA granted emergency use authorization (EUA) because research data from large clinical trials has shown them to be safe and effective.  

Should I be worried about vaccine safety?

The FDA and CDC have a robust safety monitoring process for the vaccines as they are administered to millions of people after being authorized.  One example of this important safety monitoring process is that administration of the J&J vaccine was recently paused so that the FDA and CDC could review data on six reported cases of serious blood clots following vaccination with the J&J vaccine.  After this review, the FDA and CDC will decide what to recommend and will communicate with the public about their findings and any possible safety issues.

Over the past months, millions of people in the U.S. have been vaccinated. The U.S. vaccine safety system continues to watch for any signs of problems.

What steps were taken to make sure the COVID-19 vaccines are safe?

Safety is always a top priority as federal agencies work with vaccine manufacturers to develop and authorize new vaccines. Here are some of the steps:

• Careful testing. All vaccines go through clinical trials to test safety and effectiveness. For the COVID-19 vaccine, the FDA set high safety standards for vaccine developers to meet. This infographic from the National Institutes of Health shows the four phases a vaccine goes through before it is released to the public.
  • Authorization for emergency use. If a vaccine or medicine is needed to address an emergency situation such as the coronavirus pandemic, once it is shown to be safe and effective, the FDA can grant it an emergency use authorization, or EUA. An EUA allows a vaccine, treatment or medication to be used before the formal FDA approval.
  • Continuous monitoring for problems and side effects. Once a vaccine gets an EUA and is being given to people, the FDA and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continue to watch carefully to make sure no problems arise.  Data on thehe vaccine’s safety record accumulates over time when more and more people who receive it report on their experience and any side effects they experience.  One important way to report any adverse events after vaccination is through the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) .

How was the COVID-19 vaccine developed so quickly?

In the past, vaccines have taken many years to develop. However, the relatively quick development of this vaccine does not mean safety measures were skipped. There are several reasons why the COVID-19 vaccines were developed faster than other vaccines:

• The technologies used to develop the COVID-19 vaccines have been years in development to prepare for outbreaks of infectious viruses. The manufacturing processes were ready very early in the pandemic.
  • Countries shared genetic information about the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus when it was available, which gave vaccine developers an early start at finding a vaccine.
  • The testing processes for the vaccines didn’t skip any steps, but the vaccine developers conducted some stages of the process simultaneously to gather as much data as quickly as possible.
  • Governments gave money to vaccine developers in advance, so the companies had resources they needed.
  • Some types of COVID-19 vaccines were created using messenger RNA (mRNA), a new technology that allows a faster approach than the traditional way vaccines are made.
  • Social media enabled companies to reach out to and enroll study volunteers, and plenty of people wanted to help, so there were enough research participants to test the COVID-19 vaccines.
  • Because the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus is so contagious and widespread, many volunteers who got the vaccine were exposed to the virus, and with so many exposures, the trials took a shorter time to see if the vaccine worked.
  • Companies began manufacturing vaccines ahead of their authorization or approval so some supplies would be ready if authorization occurred.

I appreciate your post I really do. So did they know this virus was coming like from the Wuhan lab?

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

Your playing Russian Roulette too by getting the vaccine. 

No. 

6 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

Tell me from years from now though 

There is no evidence there will be any long term effects from someone receiving an mRNA vaccine. 

2 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

I appreciate your post I really do. So did they know this virus was coming like from the Wuhan lab?

IDC where it came from. Why does that matter when stopping it is what matters? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2