Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

8 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

****ing ridiculous.

Sorry, but a decent chunk of people in this country don’t give a damn about their fellow citizens.  People don’t usually do things for other people unless there’s something in it for them.  It sucks to hear, but that’s the real world in a nutshell.

If it takes incentivizing taking the vaccine so that those that are hesitant will get it, then it’s whatever.  I fully support this.  Whatever it takes to get to herd immunity.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 3

Generally, I am in favor of the carrot for vaccination.  Just a few things for governors around the country to consider.

- Do it soon rather than later.  Getting people vaccinated as soon as possible should be the goal.

- Every lottery should include people who got vaccinated before the program was announced.  You don't want people waiting to get vaccinated in case their state announces a lottery and only includes those who get vaccinated after the program launches.

• Like 2

Two COVID shots effective against India variant, English health body says

A double dose of COVID-19 vaccines is almost as effective against the fast-spreading variant of the coronavirus first identified in India as it is against Britain’s dominant strain, English health officials said on Saturday.

Britain’s health minister said the data was groundbreaking and he was increasingly hopeful that the government would be able to lift more COVID restrictions next month.

A study by Public Health England found the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was 88% effective against symptomatic disease from the B.1.617.2 variant two weeks after the second dose.

That compared with 93% effectiveness against the B.1.1.7 “Kent” strain which is Britain’s dominant COVID variant.

Two doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine were 60% effective against symptomatic disease from the Indian variant compared with 66% effectiveness against the Kent variant, PHE said.

Click on the link for the full article

Soldier who called on troops to refuse vaccine distribution faces mutiny related charge

A soldier who called on his fellow military personnel to refuse helping with the distribution of COVID-19 vaccines has been charged with an offence related to mutiny.

It’s believed to be the first time in decades that the Canadian military has laid such a charge.

Officer Cadet Ladislas Kenderesi was charged with one count of “endeavoring to persuade another person to join in a mutiny,” an offence under the National Defence Act. Kenderesi was also charged with one count of behaving in a scandalous manner unbecoming of an officer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, China said:

Soldier who called on troops to refuse vaccine distribution faces mutiny related charge

A soldier who called on his fellow military personnel to refuse helping with the distribution of COVID-19 vaccines has been charged with an offence related to mutiny.

It’s believed to be the first time in decades that the Canadian military has laid such a charge.

Officer Cadet Ladislas Kenderesi was charged with one count of “endeavoring to persuade another person to join in a mutiny,” an offence under the National Defence Act. Kenderesi was also charged with one count of behaving in a scandalous manner unbecoming of an officer.

Something we need to do here. I bet they find tons of military people.

Axios-Ipsos poll: Re-emerging without trust

Americans are taking off their masks and re-engaging publicly at levels not seen since the start of the pandemic, with the most dramatic shifts in people over 50 and those who've been vaccinated, according to the latest installment of the Axios/Ipsos Coronavirus Index.

The big picture: It's happening despite significant distrust over strangers' honesty about their COVID-19 vaccination status and amid major confusion over Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance on mask use and social distancing for those vaccinated.

About one in five respondents said the CDC has been "very clear" in its updated guidance. Half said it's "somewhat clear," while nearly one in three said it's not clear.

What they're saying: "It's one of two things," said Cliff Young, president of Ipsos U.S. public affairs. "You're vaccinated, your family's vaccinated, so what do you have to worry about? Or, you just don't care, you weren't that worried before and you're not that worried now."

The intrigue: The poll asked respondents how much they trusted various groups of people to be honest about their about their COVID-19 status.

Respondents were most likely to say they have a great or fair amount of trust in family and friends (88%) or coworkers (71%).

They were less likely to trust people outside of their close circles (38%) and even less likely to trust people at sporting events or concerts (25%), indoor restaurants and bars (25%) and airports (24%).

To the point of this article, I just went in to pick up a pizza I ordered.  While waiting (wearing a mask), a woman came in (sans mask) and ordered a slice.  I was sitting there thinking that I couldn't really say anything because she'd probably say she's been vaccinated, but I'd never know if she was lying or not.  The staff didn't say anything, despite the business still sporting a sign that says masks must be worn.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, China said:

To the point of this article, I just went in to pick up a pizza I ordered.  While waiting (wearing a mask), a woman came in (sans mask) and ordered a slice.  I was sitting there thinking that I couldn't really say anything because she'd probably say she's been vaccinated, but I'd never know if she was lying or not.  The staff didn't say anything, despite the business still sporting a sign that says masks must be worn.

This is why I still wear my mask when out. Thankfully the medical center still requires masks. I don't trust anyone, it's still too early in my opinion.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, China said:

First each their own. Wear the mask if it makes you feel better. But this what I don’t get about the stance. You have been vaccinated who cares if they have a mask or not. The mask is meant to protect yourself. You have been vaccinated. The slim chance you get it, and if you do it will be like a cold or flu. Not in the hospital. If you have been vaccinated the mask makes no sense to me. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, just654 said:

If you have been vaccinated the mask makes no sense to me. 

My nephews are 6,8, and 10 n they can't get vaccinated yet. So I'm a keep wearing a mask to mitigate the chance of getting the rona and passing it along to them unknowingly. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, clietas said:

My nephews are 6,8, and 10 n they can't get vaccinated yet. So I'm a keep wearing a mask to mitigate the chance of getting the rona and passing it along to them unknowingly. 🤷‍♂️

Me and my daughter get our second shot next week, then only two more weeks to go (June 19th).  I can't wait to get out of this house and just enjoy sitting a bar, drinking a beer, no mask (if the restaurant/bar allows it - which they will around where I live lol).  Can't wait to hang out with my mom and dad again, give them hugs.  

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, clietas said:

Totally get it. But the science tells us that passing COVID once you have been vaccinated is just as slim if not slimmer has getting COVID once vaccinated. 

33 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

there is literally zero downside to wearing a mask, so if a person feels more comfortable to wear it until vaccination rates keep going up, or to make the unvaccinated around them feel safer, why not? 

I totally agree, what I was getting at is the tone or the feeling that if someone doesn’t wear a mask that it is a bad thing. At this point it is each their own. Wear one or not. Totally up to the person, but looking down at someone not wearing one needs to stop.

6 minutes ago, just654 said:

I totally agree, what I was getting at is the tone or the feeling that if someone doesn’t wear a mask that it is a bad thing. At this point it is each their own. Wear one or not. Totally up to the person, but looking down at someone not wearing one needs to stop.

As long as they’re not in a place that requires masks... I agree.  

8 minutes ago, just654 said:

I hear what you're saying, but it's actually up to the business, not the person, in the case above. If they want you to wear a mask before entering to make the people that work there feel safer, then put one on. People are looking down on that person because they ignored the sign on the door to put one on

8 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

I hear what you're saying, but it's actually up to the business, not the person, in the case above. If they want you to wear a mask before entering to make the people that work there feel safer, then put one on. People are looking down on that person because they ignored the sign on the door to put one on

Got what your saying. I took your comments a little different. Yes if the business or place still requires one you need to wear it. I will say that I am noticing places that have the sign still up but even the workers aren’t wearing one.

• Like 1