Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

49 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

CVS did recommend drinking a ton of water before my second shot of Moderna.  Still felt like ass the next day, but Moderna's got stronger side effects.

Sorry to hear that man.  Good to know re CVS’s recommendation.

Wonder what the booster’s gonna be like...

It is truly mind boggling to me that there are people who won't take the word of top medical experts in the world who have been working on this stuff for decades, but will read a Facebook post of some random dude who works as a gas station attendant take their word over the medical experts all over he world.

If you have a problem and go to 100 doctors and 99 of them give you the same opinion, and 1 gives you a different one, would you really take the advice of the 1 different opinion?

I just can't grasp that these people exist and how many of them are out there.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

It is truly mind boggling to me that there are people who won't take the word of top medical experts in the world who have been working on this stuff for decades, but will read a Facebook post of some random dude who works as a gas station attendant take their word over the medical experts all over he world.

If you have a problem and go to 100 doctors and 99 of them give you the same opinion, and 1 gives you a different one, would you really take the advice of the 1 different opinion?

I mentioned a while back that I thought Drs should record a message highlighting the seriousness of Covid and send it to all of their patients.  The thinking being people probably trust their regular practitioner.  Now I’m thinking they should do the same for the vaccine.

It’s hard for me not to feel pissed off at these people - anti-vaxxers, Covid deniers, the selfish ****ers.  Have to remind myself that it’s not entirely their fault they lack critical thinking, don’t trust big Pharma or the government and/or are surrounding by BS “media”.  

Which reminds me, my 13 year old son had a school assignment in which he had to look up the “Oregon tree octopus”.  He saw the pics, read the ‘article’ and was like, “I don’t know, it looks real...”.  My 10 year old walked in and immediately called BS (my 14 year old thought his middle brother was an idiot).  

I’m not too pleased that my kids roughly represent our country... 

6 hours ago, purbeast said:

Someone did a study and found that 2/3 of all anti-vaccine contest online can be traced back to just 12 people, all with financial interests is pushing that misinformation. 

https://www.counterhate.com/disinformationdozen

One is RFK jr. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Which reminds me, my 13 year old son had a school assignment in which he had to look up the “Oregon tree octopus”.  He saw the pics, read the ‘article’ and was like, “I don’t know, it looks real...”.  My 10 year old walked in and immediately called BS (my 14 year old thought his middle brother was an idiot).  

I’m not too pleased that my kids roughly represent our country... 

Octopodes are awesome and if they want to live in trees, they'll find a way, dammit.  Nature is awesome.

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2021 at 9:26 PM, RedskinsVa7 said:

Not trolling man. Just a Washington fan and have been all my life. Going to the tailgate forum for once knowingly I will get liberal responses. 

9 hours ago, purbeast said:

what is amazing to me (but shouldn't be..at this point) is that even THIS... the vaccine that can return us all to health and normalcy, the holy grail that we have all jointly been hoping for, rooting for, and working towards......... has managed to be politicized.   RedskinsVa7 pointed out (rightly) that he would get "liberal" responses to vaccine questions...

..........which was to say he would get... what?  ...... responses from sheeple that slavishly parrot the elitist scientist and medical community  consensus ? 

seriously.    w t mf hell is that?   

• Like 5

On 5/19/2021 at 2:50 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Good news on the home front.    Mrs. Skinsfan is finally going to be vaccinated, and has an appointment for the first Pfizer shot on Friday.

She was very hesitant. 

Not because she's an "anti-vaxxer", or her distrust in government, (which is real), but because she's prone to getting side affects from almost everything.   Without going into detail, we've made emergency room visits based on reactions from different medicines/shots/etc, that she's been prescribed.   

When you see those list of side affects, that scroll at the end of drug commercials, we pay very close attention to them, as it seems that she's susceptible to them.  it was scary as Hell seeing the veins in her hands turn black and creep up her arms, as the result of reaction to an antibiotic.   Her sister is the same way...penicillin almost killed her and the flu shot put her down for a week.   Her fear is real.

That being said, she had a heart-to-heart with our family doctor, (of 25 + years), and he told her to get the vaccine. She's nervous about it, but is getting vaccinated, nonetheless.

Fingers crossed!!

A lot of people think the vaccine has side effects. Actually it doesn't. It is a reaction. A fever is a reaction and not a side effect. We all get fevers when we have an infection. The vaccine mimics an infection. Your wife will be just fine. :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

what is amazing to me (but shouldn't be..at this point) is that even THIS... the vaccine that can return us all to health and normalcy, the holy grail that we have all jointly been hoping for, rooting for, and working towards......... has managed to be politicized.   RedskinsVa7 pointed out (rightly) that he would get "liberal" responses to vaccine questions...

..........which was to say he would get... what?  ...... responses from sheeple that slavishly parrot the elitist scientist and medical community  consensus ? 

seriously.    w t mf hell is that?   

Yeah.  I used to think that there were things that both parties would agree on.  And that "disease killing 3,000 Americans a day is bad" would be one of them.  

But nope.  America is at war with a virus.  And the most powerful political party in the country is firmly, consistently, on the side of the virus.  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Yeah.  I used to think that there were things that both parties would agree on.  And that "disease killing 3,000 Americans a day is bad" would be one of them.  

But nope.  America is at war with a virus.  And the most powerful political party in the country is firmly, consistently, on the side of the virus.  

The first post I said on here was that I support people that got the vaccine and people that don't want to. I'm not as of now and people bashed me for my opinion on why I wasn't. For the past year the media has talked about Covid and the number cases and deaths etc.. I look at the borders and how all the illegals that are coming in with Covid but the media doesn't want to talk about that because it doesn't fit their agenda cause of Biden. They sure did talk about the spread of it for the past year but won't mention it once at all and it's just a straight up joke to me. I don't trust the media at all. 

13 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

The first post I said on here was that I support people that got the vaccine and people that don't want to. I'm not as of now and people bashed me for my opinion on why I wasn't. For the past year the media has talked about Covid and the number cases and deaths etc.. I look at the borders and how all the illegals that are coming in with Covid but the media doesn't want to talk about that because it doesn't fit their agenda cause of Biden. They sure did talk about the spread of it for the past year but won't mention it once at all and it's just a straight up joke to me. I don't trust the media at all. 

Media has talked about it.  Fema estimates positive rate among illegal crossers at around 6%.

Do you trust the CDC and medical doctors?  Do you believe the death tolls are inflated? If so, by how much?

The position of individuals having freedom to dictate their own actions have limits and consequences, especially when it comes to infectious diseases and a pandemic.  Given that you won't be vaccinated for at least a few years, which makes you a much bigger risk for both catching covid yourself and also being an asymptomatic carrier, will you be masking and social distancing until you are vaccinated?   Why or why not?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Do you trust the CDC and medical doctors?  Do you believe the death tolls are inflated? If so, by how much?

The position of individuals having freedom to dictate their own actions have limits and consequences, especially when it comes to infectious diseases and a pandemic.  Given that you won't be vaccinated for at least a few years, which makes you a much bigger risk for both catching covid yourself and also being an asymptomatic carrier, will you be masking and social distancing until you are vaccinated?   Why or why not?

Are there any questions on that list where you don't already know what he's going to say?  

31 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

I appreciate that you are trying your best to have a reasonable conversation... but the content of your posts makes it impossible to take you seriously.  You quickly brush off the number of COVID cases and resultant deaths, and immediately turn around and turn it into a right-wing talking point about illegal immigration and "the media" is refusing to cover it.  Where, pray tell, did you hear about the terrible problem of illegal immigrants being the cause of all our COVID problems, if not from "the media" you so distrust?  Perhaps some disreputable right-wing misinformation machine such as OAN?

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

Are there any questions on that list where you don't already know what he's going to say?  

People's responses don't always match up with what I suspect they'll say.  If nothing else, I'd be curious to hear the justification for the responses.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Media has talked about it.  Fema estimates positive rate among illegal crossers at around 6%.

The 6.3% appears to come from testing that is being done in TX.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/immigrants-covid-texas-abbott/

They are being tested after their "release" and if they come up positive they are offered resources to help them quarantine.

And that's based on a rapid test which I'm guessing then must be an antibody test, which means people that had it and recovered, but are still making antibodies will test positive.  Also just a less accurate test in general.  I wouldn't put much faith in that as a percent of people that HAVE Covid.  The flip side of that is there doesn't appear to be any support for the right wing talking point of lots of people actually with Covid coming over the border.

(I doubt he's going to actually respond to your questions.  He's failed to respond constructively to any question I've asked.  Either moved the goal post sort of response or ignored it.)

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

(I doubt he's going to actually respond to your questions.  He's failed to respond constructively to any question I've asked.  Either moved the goal post sort of response or ignored it.)

He reminds me of another conservative poster or two who used to do that. 

10 hours ago, zskins said:

A lot of people think the vaccine has side effects. Actually it doesn't. It is a reaction. A fever is a reaction and not a side effect. We all get fevers when we have an infection. The vaccine mimics an infection. Your wife will be just fine. :)

Apparently the "lot of people" that think the vaccine has side effects include the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html

Maybe they didn't study Biology in college though... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, techboy said:

Apparently the "lot of people" that think the vaccine has side effects include the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html

Maybe they didn't study Biology in college though... 🤷‍♂️

Maybe they don't understand English. ;) Or just maybe that was typed up by someone who didn't even take Biology. Think about that.... hmmmm

By the way I was corrected by a doctor when I was saying side effect and was told to not use that word as fever is a reaction not a side effect. Which made sense to me since I took Biology and was a pre-med student and worked in a hospital.

Logic: When you have a fever is that a side effect or a reaction to an invasion of virus in your body?

• Like 1