Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

Anti-Maskers Ready to Start Masking—to Protect Themselves From the Vaccinated

A conspiracy ripping through the anti-vax world may finally drive some anti-maskers to do the unthinkable: wear a mask and keep their distance.

The conspiracy—which comes in several shapes and sizes—more or less says the vaccinated will “shed” certain proteins onto the unvaccinated who will then suffer adverse effects. The main worry is the “shedding” will cause irregular menstruation, infertility, and miscarriages. The entirely baseless idea is a key cog in a larger conspiracy that COVID-19 was a ploy to depopulate the world, and the vaccine is what will cull the masses. 

Experts say the conspiracy is born from a fundamental misunderstanding of how vaccines work. It has been widely debunked and you can read about it here, here, and here, among other places.  

Anti-vax influencers are instructing their fellow anti-vaxxers as well as anti-maskers (at this point the two communities overlap to a huge degree) that one of the best ways to defend themselves from this blight is to co-opt…social distancing, the very strategy they have long decried. 

Sherri Tenpenny, an anti-vaxxer who was found to be key in spreading COVID-19 conspiracy theories, suggested on a recent anti-vax livestream that you may have to “stay away from somebody who's had these shots…forever.” 

Another prominent anti-vaxxer suggested quarantining people who have been vaccinated. “There is something being passed from people who are shot up with this poison to others who have not gotten the shot,” said Larry Palevsky, a New York pediatrician and anti-vaxxer,  on a separate livestream. They should also “have a badge on their arms that say ‘I've been vaccinated even though it's not a vaccine’ so that we know to avoid them on the street, to not go near them anywhere in society,” he said.

Click on the link for the full lunacy

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Families, Communities Divided Over COVID Vaccination In Rural Montana

The COVID-19 vaccination operation at the Flathead County fairgrounds in northwestern Montana can dole out 1,000 doses in seven hours. But demand has plummeted recently, down to fewer than 70 requests for the shots a day. So, the county dropped its mass vaccination offerings as May began — from three clinics a week to two. Though most of those eligible in the county haven't yet gotten the jab, the takers are few.

"It's a trickle," says Flathead City-County Health Officer Joe Russell. "Not enough people will get vaccinated to reach herd immunity — not in Flathead County and maybe not in Montana."

Daily COVID-19 vaccination rates are falling nationwide, and gaps in vaccine uptake are starting to show, especially in rural America. That leaves many communities grappling with an imperfect pandemic endgame.

Click on the link for the full article

Cleveland Clinic finds 99.7% of caregivers who’ve recently tested positive for COVID-19 weren’t fully vaccinated

New data from the Cleveland Clinic shows the effect of the coronavirus vaccines on infections among health care workers and patients who are hospitalized with COVID-19.

The Clinic found that 99.7% of its caregivers who tested positive for COVID-19 in the four months after the health system started offering vaccines were not fully vaccinated, according to the data.

Click on the link for the full article

7 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Why does Tucker Carlson always look like the poor dog you confused with a magic trick?

Its because he has no face, look at it. Its just a pair of beady eyes and a nose. Where are his lips!? How does it speak?

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, China said:

Sherri Tenpenny, an anti-vaxxer who was found to be key in spreading COVID-19 conspiracy theories, suggested on a recent anti-vax livestream that you may have to “stay away from somebody who's had these shots…forever.”

AntiVaxxers will avoid me forever?  

I’m reactivating my Facebook account to spread this rumor. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Scheduled my first Pfizer dose tomorrow night and second dose on June 4th.  Now that Pfizer is approved for 12-15 year olds, we got our daughter scheduled for her first dose this Saturday and second dose on June 5th.  In five weeks I'll be able to go out again and actually do stuff.  The last establishment I've set foot in was an Outback Steakhouse for lunch with my parents on March 6th, 2020.  

I've been out of the house (not talking going outside in the yard or walking around some on my street) eight times since 3/6/20, but stayed in my car the whole time (bank, dropping daughter off at school before they were sent home after 3/13/20, etc.).  All said and done, it's going to be a year and 3 months of this bull****.  

My daughter said today that the first place she's going after being fully vaccinated is Sweet Frog with mom :rofl89:girl has her priorities.  Me, it's either the ABC store, local bar/restaurant or to get a haircut.  After having my wife shave my head into a mohawk last May, I haven't cut it since (1 year) and it's long AF and my wife hates it.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Damn.  Pretty ballsy stuff from DeWine.

He's using the federal dollars that were not allowed to be used for tax cuts.

But I like it. I'd love to see how much of an increase comes in the next couple weeks from this announcement. 

• Like 1