Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Yup, generally was a good idea to mask outdoors if someone was talking, singing, shouting etc in close proximity for a prolonged time. But going for a walk in the park, etc, we knew by Fall was safe. 

Even less need to worry now outdoors if you’re vaccinated. Talk, sing, dance do whatever. The unvaccinated want to roll the dice for death or Long COVID, more power to them. But I’ve resumed life back to normal, indoors and outdoors. 

Right.  I've resumed my life probably 3/4 back to normal.  It's spring so I'd rather be outdoors in any event, and I still wear the mask if I'm out in public because (1) I don't mind wearing the mask, (2) it makes other people more comfortable and (3) hopefully it annoys MAGA people if they see me.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I don't wear a mask when I walk Dancer because most people are working or at school during the day. I don't when I visit my neighbors who are vaccinated. I do going in stores and doctor's offices. I will continue to do this until Texas numbers go down. I think it also depends on what state you live in and how the population avails itself of vaccines.

• Like 1

I can't wait until the FDA approves Pfizer and Moderna for use in kids age 12-15.  Tazette is 13 yo now, as soon as that happens, both of us are getting vaccinated.  My wife has been fully vaccinated for a couple of months.  I never leave the house and we don't let any visitors in, only people coming over since last year were my parents, both have been fully vaccinated for a while now too.

We social distance outside on the back porch or in the garage with the door open.  I don't wear a mask, but I'm also standing 15-20 feet away from them.  I've only worn a mask when I had to (answering the door for deliveries that require my ID, etc.).  After a year and two months of basically staying at home, this **** can't come fast enough.

Only reason I held out on getting it, was my wife and I had made the decision to not go anywhere until all three of us were fully vaccinated.  She has to go into the office, so she's extra careful, but me and my daughter are at home (I work remotely, she's doing homeschool this year).  Now with them saying a 3rd booster shot may be needed, I'm glad I didn't waste 4-5 months of immunity if I had gotten it back in February.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I can't wait until the FDA approves Pfizer and Moderna for use in kids age 12-15. 

Could be happening soon:

With Pfizer vaccine authorization for 12-to-15-year-olds expected soon, region gets ready

Governments and health districts in Virginia, Maryland and the District are preparing for about 1 million more young people to become eligible for a coronavirus vaccine as early as next week, when federal officials are expected to authorize the two-dose Pfizer regimen for 12-to-15-year-olds.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

White House tells governors they will redistribute unordered vaccine doses

President Joe Biden's coronavirus advisers told governors during a call Tuesday that they plan to redistribute vaccine doses should states not order all the vaccines allocated to them each week, the White House confirmed.

States will still get allocations based on their population, but the change means if a certain state does not order all of the doses available to them, the White House will redistribute them and likely give them to a state that has higher demand than their allocation. The Washington Post was first to report on the new plan.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Tuesday laid out upcoming vaccine distribution plans and said coronavirus advisers on the call with governors reiterated the administration's commitments "to help expand access to the vaccine, boost vaccine confidence and help states with their unique needs in this vaccination effort."

"This week, over 29 million doses will go out across all of our channels," Psaki said during a press briefing. "Two-thirds of those doses are going to jurisdictions and one-third to federal channels."

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

I finally got my first shot on Tuesday, no real side effects other than a sore arm, it was like I had gotten a tetanus shot or something.  My second one is scheduled for Memorial Day.  This is probably the most I've ever looked forward to getting shots in my entire life.

• Like 8

I haven't been wearing a mask on my evening walks because there just aren't that many people around, but I do bring one just in case. Not so much for myself but I am not against throwing one on for a minute or so if enough people are crossing paths and it would make them feel more comfortable.  Just doesn't feel like that much of an inconvenience.  I'd say about 50/50 people I encounter on the walks wear masks or at least have them on 'em.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Has anyone even needed to pull out their vax card?

I've heard the ice rink by me will soon start allowing players to skate without a mask if they can provide a vaccine card showing they are fully vaccinated.

• Like 1

After Sarah and Nicole, Chicago-area sisters who are both in their early 30s, got their first shots, they didn’t tell their mother until she asked them about it. She begged them not to get a second and even offered to pay them to delay their second dose. They only told their parents they had gotten their second shots in April, after their father texted them a Twitter thread about potential vaccine side effects. “He said, ‘please consider delaying because I love you,’” Sarah, who like Nicole, requested a pseudonym, recalled. “At that point, I just said, ‘Y’all might as well know, I’m fully vaccinated. I love you guys.’”

“And I said, ‘Me too. Love you guys,’” Nicole added.

“I’m despondent. I’m signing off for now,” Sarah recalled her mother texting back. And they haven’t heard from her since.

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Has anyone even needed to pull out their vax card?

It allows me access to baseball games without having to get a covid-19 test within 72 hours of gametime. 

Personally, I wish covid-19 passports were being used everywhere.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Take their money and get the shot anyway.  This is not that hard.

19 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It allows me access to baseball games without having to get a covid-19 test within 72 hours of gametime. 

Personally, I wish covid-19 passports were being used everywhere.  

Which baseball games are you talking about?

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Which baseball games are you talking about?

SF Giants. 

Edit..SF Public Health Department requires all fans 12 and older to provide proof of a negative covid-19 test or show vaccination records (14 days past full immunization).

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Really?  They make fans show negative COVID tests?  That has to be a logistical nightmare for all.  Do you have to wear masks then at the stadium?

Opening day was a breeze (but only at 22% capacity). The process is actually really well done and takes limited extra time. Masks required as well unless eating/drinking in your seats. 

They also have fans separated into zones so that concessions and entrance/exits aren't overwhelmed and to keep people from mixing too much right now. Edit.. mostly in seat ordering too with at concession pickup.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Guess I wouldn’t have one on very often.  

I gain about 10lbs Everytime I go to a baseball game from jamming food and beer in my face. 

Maybe you should change your name to beerbatteredfansyndrome

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Maybe you should change your name to beerbatteredfansyndrome

I prefer bbq and italian sausages with peppers and onions vs. fried stuff at the ballpark.  But I mainly eat out of boredom, god bless the folks that can sit there and relish in every foul ball, it's just not for me.

3 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Big news: Pfizer has applied for full FDA approval. The "it's an experimental vaccine" people are going to be shut up fairly quickly once it's inevitably approved. Moderna is filling later this month.

Nah, they'll still say it. It's too new, we don't know the long term effects, etc. 

11 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Big news: Pfizer has applied for full FDA approval. The "it's an experimental vaccine" people are going to be shut up fairly quickly once it's inevitably approved. Moderna is filling later this month.

I believe once it is fully approved then the Military and other places can make it mandatory. 

• Like 2