Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

The injury really sucks.

I disagree with those saying Chase wasn't having a good year.  I think he was playing well, not at an elite level, but at an above average level.  If the only number you look at is sacks he has not done well with only 1.5 sacks (though he was cheated out of a legitimate sack in my opinion against Atlanta on a BS targeting call).  But if you look at win percentages in pass rushing and his very good run defense grades, you can see he was playing fairly well.     The problem that Chase Young faced were the expectations were so high.  PFF has him as the 26th best Defensive End/Edge player this year out of 110 players with enough snaps at those positions.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Lavar, Sean Taylor, RG3, Chase. Find a guy this fanbase gets excited about and I’ll show you a career cut short.

Oh and the history of the qb injuries..un.    buh.  levable. Obviously rg3, fitz...we could be still at the same record or hell, at 6 wins....we don't know..than of course the a smith situation..Injured in the same area on the field as Theismann..kinda sorta same injury and the date of the injury....excuse me if I am absolutely terrified of selecting that next best thing with a high draft pick.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Prob best for the team productivity short term, was on the way to another bust of a day getting dominated by average competition

Maybe we can get a cool eastern motors commercial - All in for Week One! Lets go Chase Dung

Jesus. You redefine class. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Sorry guys, when I posted earlier tonight with the tumbleweed I truly had no idea he got injured today.  I was playing golf today rather than watching football.  Anyway, that sucks and I hope the best for him.  I know this piece of **** franchise will never be any good but I hate hate hate to see something like this to a good guy like Chase.  And yes, Ive been critical, but hes got a world of talent and I hope this doesnt crush it.

Edited by 86 Snyder

1 hour ago, ggarriso said:

Prob best for the team productivity short term, was on the way to another bust of a day getting dominated by average competition

Maybe we can get a cool eastern motors commercial - All in for Week One! Lets go Chase Dung

480 posts……you should slow down your quicksand movement.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The Fed Ex Turf Monster is real.  

It case anyone's unclear -- this isn't a curse, or a jix, or bad luck, or coincidence.

The fact:  Dan Snyder is too stupid and too cheap to have a good field.  This leads to a higher injury rate for our players.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

He didn't deserve that, there needs to be a thread about the grass field, it is killing folks

I watched the Chase play and saw no indication it was turf  related.....Smith got wiped by Watt with no indication of turf being at fault. Just a big ass dude putting full weight on Smiths little leg. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

It case anyone's unclear -- this isn't a curse, or a jix, or bad luck, or coincidence.

The fact:  Dan Snyder is too stupid and too cheap to have a good field.  This leads to a higher injury rate for our players.

Didn’t they just upgrade the field over the summer...? It’s gotten high praise. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Its strange the way things unfold, he wasn't having a great year, then the press conference and now the ACL.  I feel like I've seen this before with other overhyped players.

IMO this is a big blow to Chase's future status with this team.

Chase wasn't playing great at all this year.  This injury definitely forces him to re-focus.   Chase could be in for a real battle for that starting DE spot going into next year with nothing guaranteed or given to him especially if other guys step up in his absence for the rest of this year.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tsailand said:

This field was fixed and replaced this spring. This is a completely new and really good field.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully he’s ready for day 1 of the 2022 season. I don’t wish injury on anyone. I’m sure this season has been very humbling for 99. 

Agree. The injury status doesn’t look good. Hopefully we see a different #99 next season.  

I've been one of his only defenders around here, at least until the stupid sound bites from this week. Seems fitting that his unfortunate injury would come right after that. Let's hope this is a huge humbling learning lesson for the young man and he comes back to be the player we know he can.

That said, I'm really excited to see what we have in the guys behind him. Toohill was a fan favorite of the Eagles PS when we grabbed him and I think he has a chance to be pretty good. JWS has looked good and it was nice to see the Shocka Toney sighting yesterday.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Have to disagree with whomever said this could be a good thing because he has no choice but to work harder.  

No, now he’s going to be focused solely on rehabbing his knee vs. working on technique.

This feels like a death blow to me.

That was my first thought. He needed this offseason to learn how to play the position, I totally disagree that he was playing "well". He was average and that's not good enough for a player this defense was supposed to be built around.  Now he will be spending his offseason rehabilitating from a very bad injury and who knows what he will be like when he is healthy.  

9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Didn’t they just upgrade the field over the summer...? It’s gotten high praise. 

Field had brown streaks all up and down it.  They arent maintaining to properly. 

10 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

I watched the Chase play and saw no indication it was turf  related.....Smith got wiped by Watt with no indication of turf being at fault. Just a big ass dude putting full weight on Smiths little leg. 

Those weren't the only injuries, I watched Griffin in the playoff game, too, a lot of players complain about our field.

7 hours ago, tomwvr said:

This field was fixed and replaced this spring. This is a completely new and really good field.

Not sure how it looked on TV, but looked like crap in person yesterday.

Edited by Renegade7

For those who are saying Chase was having a decent season prior to his injury, just stop! He is a defensive end paid to sack the qb and make tackles for losses. 1.5 sacks and 3 tackles for loss in 8 games. These are impactful stats. Don’t give me the whole narrative that he does so much more for other players and the overall defense.  Bullcrap .. thats like saying a loss is a good loss!

Bottom line is that I hope this injury helps him get refocused on his game and his “love for football”. Hopefully it doesn’t turn into another RGIII debacle. 

• Thanks 1