Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Im not one who generally gets bent out of shape when people speak freely. And I won’t here. But that’s not the best thing to say given the current situation with his play. 

Agreed. Giving more fodder for the critics isn’t gonna quiet them any time soon.

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It never ends. Can we get ANYTHING right?? God what a **** show.

I mean it wasn’t the smartest thing to say but I don’t think it’s something to get that bent out of shape about.

24 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I mean it wasn’t the smartest thing to say but I don’t think it’s something to get that bent out of shape about.

Just by reading your posts on this board I know you’re a smart guy, this is absolutely something you shouldn’t say after an abysmal start. It just screams “Yeah whatever, at least I’m rich” 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, max21 said:

Just by reading your posts on this board I know you’re a smart guy, this is absolutely something you shouldn’t say after an abysmal start. It just screams “Yeah whatever, at least I’m rich” 

I mean I admitted it was a dumb thing to say, but to me it speaks more about what we’ve all been saying - that he believed his own hype. As far as i’m concerned, he bought into the expectation that it would be easy and now he’s paying the price for that. If we get a repeat performance next offseason then I’d be as worried as some of you. But he’s not alone in terms of young players going out there and securing their bag so let’s not single him out as an outlier in the league. No one would give a **** if he was excelling so hopefully he learned his lesson.

• Like 2

Wow, after his latest interview, not really a fan anymore.  Pretty much all that is wrong with the sport rolled up in one.  I'd rather have players that play for the love of the game and the team is first.  "Making money baby" is lol...whatever at this point.  We just can't seem to find the right guys for our team.  Sad that he is a captain.

• Like 1

i have no problem with him thinking what he said—the vast, vast majority of players in the NFL feel the same way and so would we in that situation. The problem is that he said it out loud to the media. That’s ****ing stupid, and he’s not stupid. So it shows an already deeply-ingrained disdain for the media and fanbase that is probably VERY prevalent in that locker room. And that’s hard to shake without a major turnaround into a winning organization during his rookie contract, which isn’t happening without an immediate stud QB find. 

He’s gone once he can hit FA. The only question is whether we load him up with huge Franchise Tag money first or not. He’ll want a place where it’s more enjoyable to be, where he can win, where there’s more of a spotlight for his ability to land big endorsements. He’s not stupid for feeling that way and he’s not wrong—he’s stupid or careless for saying it out loud to everyone. He knows he can be one of the faces of the NFL, and nobody really does that in Washington. Plus, it’s a miserable mess to be attached to. I know, because I feel the same way and I’m just a fan. 

This probably isn’t the year to do it but I’d trade him in a package for a potential franchise QB rookie pick in a second. And it’s not because I’ve turned on him after this, I’m not mad at all.  He’s just not a good long term investment when it’s so obvious he can’t wait to go be a national-level star somewhere better, where it’s more fun. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh look. We all agree on something for once. 

Give it time 

Just now, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

We are the worst fan base. Literally turning our back on a 2nd overall pick for some lackluster play and nailing him tl a cross after anything he says. 

Damn I was too slow 

2 hours ago, owa said:

Wow, after his latest interview, not really a fan anymore.  Pretty much all that is wrong with the sport rolled up in one.  I'd rather have players that play for the love of the game and the team is first.  "Making money baby" is lol...whatever at this point.  We just can't seem to find the right guys for our team.  Sad that he is a captain.

What Young doesn't seem to grasp is that money he loves so much now will only keep rolling in as long as he is perceived to be a beast on the field.

He keeps up with his disappointing play and poor stats, nobody is going to want him to endorse anything in the future.

Or give him a big, shiny contract.

He needs to start taking care of business on the field if he wants his gravy train to keep rolling.

Otherwise, Young will be like all of the first round letdowns in the NFL.... forgotten.

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

We are the worst fan base. Literally turning our back on a 2nd overall pick for some lackluster play and nailing him tl a cross after anything he says. 

That's a lazy take.

Chase Young is a local player who was drafted #2 and thought to be the one to lead the defense for the next 10 years / help turn this team around.

He was fantastic the second part of last year and was on track to do all the things we are hopeful he will do. 

He wants to be a team leader.  He wants to win.  He wants to win in DC.

He skipped OTA's.

The team leader was one of the only players to skip OTA's.

Chase Young has gotten off to a rough start this season and was asked if not being at OTA's was part of the reason he has gotten off to a rough start.

It's not like these dates are unknown to the players.

His response was that he was "out making money.  Gotta make that money."

The Defensive team leader said instead of working to perfect his craft and, you know, be a team leader by showing up at the OTA's, he was "out making money.  Gotta make that money."

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

You gotta get yours while you can. I have no issue with him maximizing his earnings. Spending a couple hours a day a couple times a week shooting commercials isn't gonna be the difference between him being an All Pro and a scrub. Some of y'all boomers need to relax lolol you'd 100% do the exact same thing in his situation and if you say you wouldn't you're FoS.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 4

1 hour ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

We are not turning our back because of what he said but his lack of performance on the field! If he had 10+ sacks right now, no one would care what he says. 

Is this a guy we are gonna give a 100 million dollar contract? Trade his a$$! Give me a guy who loves football!