Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

12 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

What? Heinicke 0 expectations, Chase "generational talent" Young all the expectations but hasn't produced with 3 other 1st round picks down the line.....please. Heinicke is not the answer and as it turns out neither is Chase. Trade him and Heinicke for Watson. 

Right...so like I said, the situations have literally zero in common.

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Right...so like I said, the situations have literally zero in common.

Right.....so like I said, the situations have the same in common depending on the person commenting. Chase will get better over time....1st round pick generational talent....0 production. UDFA weak arm QB that will never produce.....0 offensive weapons. I get it....I have picked the argument that I want to argue and you have picked yours. Kerrigan or Chase? I have lettuce to you know....

• Confused 2

22 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Right.....so like I said, the situations have the same in common depending on the person commenting. Chase will get better over time....1st round pick generational talent....0 production. UDFA weak arm QB that will never produce.....0 offensive weapons. I get it....I have picked the argument that I want to argue and you have picked yours. Kerrigan or Chase? I have lettuce to you know....

Do you even read the stuff you write? This is basically a word salad in forum post format. 

Edit: I changed my mind. It's actually more like Vogon poetry.

Edited by mistertim

So there was a caller on the Junkies this morning, not your typical caller with a lack of brain cells, but appeared to be a sensible guy.

He made mention that there were concerns about Young's work ethic pre-draft - can any draftniks confirm?  Not necessarily that he's lazy but known to hit the brakes if he doesn't get home. I can't find much in that regard on google.

His point wasn't really slamming Chase, but it aligned with what a number of us have pointed out numerous times this season.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So there was a caller on the Junkies this morning, not your typical caller with a lack of brain cells, but appeared to be a sensible guy.

He made mention that there were concerns about Young's work ethic pre-draft - can any draftniks confirm?  Not necessarily that he's lazy but known to hit the brakes if he doesn't get home. I can't find much in that regard on google.

His point wasn't really slamming Chase, but it aligned with what a number of us have pointed out numerous times this season.

There were no talks of that whatsoever. The only real negative on him was that he was still not as refined a rusher as the Bosas and relied too much on his athleticism but that he could learn those techniques over time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Not sure if this was posted. but I'm impressed...

Wow!!!!!  Ridiculously talented, but I question her decision-making.  She should have painted someone proven or of legendary status like Darrell Green or Sean Taylor or a laundry list of other WFT players (and maybe she has).

If Chase ends up having a HOF career, the painting will exponentially increase in value.  As of this moment, it has very little value.  Her talent, however, is undeniable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cakmoney61 said:

Wow!!!!!  Ridiculously talented, but I question her decision-making.  She should have painted someone proven or of legendary status like Darrell Green or Sean Taylor or a laundry list of other WFT players (and maybe she has).

If Chase ends up having a HOF career, the painting will exponentially increase in value.  As of this moment, it has very little value.  Her talent, however, is undeniable.

Her paintings (she's done many apparently) have inspired me to delve back into my photo art, which I haven't done in years. She's really good.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t get that as being called out even remotely.

Yeah me either. Being called out would be a coach saying "This guy isn't getting it done and he needs to work harder if he wants to be a good player in this league" or something like that.

That wasn't even close to what Ron was doing. He was praising Chase and talking him up with regards to being the focal point of opposing offensive game plans and talked about things he might be able to do in order to improve how he deals with that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd rather that stuff be kept in house.

You ever hear Bellicheck or Tomlin or Payton call guys out in public?

Bellicheck is famous for calling guys out publicly. If you specifically mean in the media then I guess that's a bit different. But even then those were such kid gloves it barley hurts. 

For your reading pleasure 

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/02/patriots-bill-belichick-ripping-tom-brady-martellus-bennett/

Back before we drafted Chase I watched and pointed out his lack of production in his last game against Clemson and how he was a non factor in his biggest game in college. Everyone talked about how he was double teamed but still had an impact. I saw him take plays off. He didn’t hustle in that game. 

Yes he’s a freak of an athlete but so was Brian Orakapo, so was Lavar Arrington. Look at every high drafted defensive end and I say they are not game changers. Sure you have some that are really good players like a Myles Garrett but then you have a Clowney. 

With the number 2 pick it should always be a qb if you need one. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Back before we drafted Chase I watched and pointed out his lack of production in his last game against Clemson and how he was a non factor in his biggest game in college. Everyone talked about how he was double teamed but still had an impact. I saw him take plays off. He didn’t hustle in that game. 

Yes he’s a freak of an athlete but so was Brian Orakapo, so was Lavar Arrington. Look at every high drafted defensive end and I say they are not game changers. Sure you have some that are really good players like a Myles Garrett but then you have a Clowney. 

With the number 2 pick it should always be a qb if you need one. 

I'm all for getting QBs but you also have to follow your board and your scouting department. If you have the #2 pick and the coaches and scouts believe there isn't a QB who's worth that pick, there aren't any trade down offers that blow you away, and there is a blue chip marquee prospect at another very important position who the coaches and scouts love, then you should go with that guy.

Yes in hindsight that pick theoretically should have been Herbert, but hindsight is completely pointless because it's never ending and every team could do it for eons. Chase was easily BPA at the time and from what we've read the coaches weren't sold on Tua or Herbert. To be fair, Herbert was hardly even talked about on here either. Most of the discussion here was whether we should pick Tua over Chase.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'm all for getting QBs but you also have to follow your board and your scouting department. If you have the #2 pick and the coaches and scouts believe there isn't a QB who's worth that pick, there aren't any trade down offers that blow you away, and there is a blue chip marquee prospect at another very important position who the coaches and scouts love, then you should go with that guy.

Yes in hindsight that pick theoretically should have been Herbert, but hindsight is completely pointless because it's never ending and every team could do it for eons. Chase was easily BPA at the time and from what we've read the coaches weren't sold on Tua or Herbert. To be fair, Herbert was hardly even talked about on here either. Most of the discussion here was whether we should pick Tua over Chase.

The problem I believe is that we may have not done our due diligence looking at the qbs in that draft. If I recall Ron made a reference to drafting Chase right from the beginning. My point is that I don’t believe any defensive player should be drafted in the first 3 picks. IMO you hit better on qbs than defensive players. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

The problem I believe is that we may have not done our due diligence looking at the qbs in that draft. If I recall Ron made a reference to drafting Chase right from the beginning. My point is that I don’t believe any defensive player should be drafted in the first 3 picks. IMO you hit better on qbs than defensive players. 

The consensus was Tua and that would have been a mistake. Yes, Herbert would have been fantastic, but I doubt anyone was taking him at 2. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, skinsfan93 said:

As usual for this thread, this simply isn’t true and only required literally 6 seconds on google to see.

• Like 1

Turners been learning himself and if we drafted Herbet or Tua and they had growing pains, while the "sure thing" Chase was killing it, this board would be so unbearable. 

It's a bad year and a lot of unfortunate things have happened. Sure, we are all disappointed, but did anyone actually think we were a SB lock? I thought we were definitely a playoff team, but it's a base case scenario that we aren't going anywhere this year. The team is taking some necessary lumps as it grows. We're a young team, with a good amount of talent and some veteran leadership. 

We were aggressive addressing the QB position last offseason and this year it will be even more so and we'll grow from there.    

• Like 3