Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

It's not that the comment is inherently bad, but his play hasn't been where it should be and he is still finding something else to brag about. Something he was doing, instead of his job and it's showing. I feel like an idiot defending him against the potatoes who have been calling him a bust now. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Its fine to criticize him for his on field performance. Lord knows I have. But he's allowed to maximize his earnings as a professional.

He can do this and then get the deserved criticism when he has a bad season. That's how it works and that's how it's currently working out for him. If he was having a good season nobody would be saying anything but now there is ground for speculation that he wasn't doing everything he could to improve his game. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's not that the comment is inherently bad, but his play hasn't been where it should be and he is still finding something else to brag about. Something he was doing, instead of his job and it's showing. I feel like an idiot defending him against the potatoes who have been calling him a bust now. 

Hey now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's having a **** year.  I'm pretty sure I've called him a bust in this thread, but if I did, it was out of frustration.

He is certainly trending that way, though. You want to see someone who wins DROY get better or at least maintain what they did...not regress.  It's not looking good.

I've got my doubts that he can get better...but let's all remember for a quick second that he's 22 and he's got a lot of (hopefully) football ahead of him.  I know no one here has any patience for anything around here, which is hilarious considering that this team has been SO bad for SO long that everyone's been forced to be patient.

8 minutes ago, max21 said:

Nothing would make me happier if he uses this criticism as motivation and balls out the rest of the year.  

Sad thing is, he shouldn't need that to be motivated to ball out in the first place.  I mean, I get that some people thrive on that, but it's hard to keep looking for doubters behind every corner....if it doesn't come from within, you're probably pretty ****ed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

It sucks that he's having a crappy year thus far, and maybe it continues the rest of the season, but come 2022 he will be back on or near top.

Kinda like the sophomore slump for QBs; I hope...

I certainly hope so. But it really is a very bad look for him to be walking around talking about making a bunch of money in the off-season while he has 1.5 sacks so far this year.

I hope someone on the team or the coaching staff takes him to the woodshed over it. Sounds like he bought into his own hype.

You've got less sacks this season than most premier pass rushers have gotten in a game, my guy. Only thing you should be talking about is how you're planning on improving .

tumbleweed GIF

On 11/12/2021 at 12:53 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Maybe 👏 you're 👏 the 👏 potato 👏

2 minutes ago, Capsman said:

This injury might be the best thing that could happen to him in the long run. He will have to bust his butt from here on, he’s no longer the chosen one. May have to work on technique to compensate. Just might improve his game. 

Yeah I'm hoping he uses the rehab time to also work on his technique and pass rush repetoire.

8 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Its strange the way things unfold, he wasn't having a great year, then the press conference and now the ACL.  I feel like I've seen this before with other overhyped players.

IMO this is a big blow to Chase's future status with this team.

He was already going the way of RG3.  I had my doubts about how good he would ultimately be even last year, this year after the second game I was convinced he would not be offered a second contract. I don’t think the injury changes anything.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Capsman said:

He was already going the way of RG3.  I had my doubts about how good he would ultimately be even last year, this year after the second game I was convinced he would not be offered a second contract. I don’t think the injury changes anything.  

Personally I think it was too early to call him a bust, but if he's as supremely gifted athletically as everyone says then I don't think its crazy to believe he can become a smarter player and figure things out but now with the injury mid-season I think it complicates things because not only does he need to get healthy but he has to establish some consistency as a good player going into the 4th yr of his contract.  He's going to miss the entire offseason so it won't be easy for him.