Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

Washington needs turf. Washington isn’t going to install turf while it’s trying to get a new stadium. Washington will have grass in various conditions week to week until Washington gets a new stadium. The end.

Most teams are moving away from turf. Sorry we don’t need it, hell the union is trying to get it banned

12 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Most teams are moving away from turf. Sorry we don’t need it, hell the union is trying to get it banned

Where did you get this info? Turf is much better on the body. The new stuff is incredible. Are you referencing the old Astro turf?

28 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Where did you get this info? Turf is much better on the body. The new stuff is incredible. Are you referencing the old Astro turf?

Well, apparently it's true and the position is pretty recent.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nflpa-president-jc-tretter-league-turf-fields-natural-grass-010222729.html

In an open letter posted on the NFL Players Association website, union president J.C. Tretter advocated for the NFL to change all artificial turf fields, even at practice facilities, to natural grass. Tretter cited years of injury data and the opinions of his fellow players.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Silvernon said:

A well maintained grass field is sublime.

Weather makes that well maintained part VERY difficult. Especially considering these venues are used year round for various events.I agree with you in theory but that's difficult to pull off.

• Like 1

Yeah the "if maintained extremely well" asterisk is a bit one when it comes to all grass fields. First, even if you're willing to pay top dollar to have it maintained it's still tough to do, depending on the environment. Second, we have a **** owner who has proven to be cheap as hell over his **** tenure. Even if we could truly maintain a grass field, Dan would figure out ways to cut corners to save money.

On 11/16/2021 at 12:00 AM, KDawg said:

https://frontofficesports.com/nflpa-president-tretter-calls-for-nfl-teams-to-remove-artificial-turf/

“In an open letter posted online, NFL Players Association President JC Tretter called for all NFL franchises to make their fields natural grass — rather than turf — citing its negative impact on the body.”………more at link

as to weather concerns:  Green Bay, Pittsburgh, fricken Cleveland can figure it out.  Green Bay, checks Farmer’s Almanac.  Yep, little nippy there. 

Edited by stoshuaj

3 hours ago, Bloodytusk said:

The only time I’ve ever been on an artificial turf field it felt like walking on concrete with a layer of rubber on top. 

Field turf is actually really nice and feels good. Even high schools with a decent budget have that now. 

A nice grass field is still great. 

Chase Young isn’t what I’ve hoped so far. I hope things really turn around but I don’t look at him today and think, “HOF career”.

4 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Field turf is actually really nice and feels good. Even high schools with a decent budget have that now. 

Chase Young isn’t what I’ve hoped so far. I hope things really turn around but I don’t look at him today and think, “HOF career”.

It has been 8 years so I’d see like to feel some newer turf.

5 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I’ll be pleased if he has a “good” career … with us. As I said, this may be a blessing in disguise. I think he can be an above average/good DE, solid run defender and 7-10 sacks per season type guy if he works hard at his game. I’ve seen enough of him to be convinced his ceiling is nowhere near HOF level. He lacks the pass rushing instincts of the great ones. And I don’t see the athlete he was touted to be. He has straightaway speed but the quickness-explosiveness is nothing special. I don’t know how strong he is in the upper body and legs but it doesn’t translate to his play.  I see him pushed off his feet an awful lot.   

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, max21 said:

Micah Parsons already has 9 sacks this year 

Heck Jason Smith-Williams has already matched Young's sack total for the year in less than two games.

All around just an awful year for the former #2 overall pick. He was mostly a complete non factor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think that's the case. If anything Young tries too hard to make the big play.

Trying to make a big play doesn't mean that you are tough as nails. He wants to make the splashy play. Look at how he plays compared to someone like Chandler Jones who just constantly grinds the lineman down. Chase appears to give up frequently. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda