Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

If it takes even nine months to fully recover, which is a very conservative take nowadays, he'd still be fully healthy by mid August.

I think Joe Burrow got hurt right around the same time and was full go from Week 1.

Two very different expectations between a pass rusher and a QB.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

Question I've been thinking about: how much of a motivator do you think it will be for Chase Young and Montez Sweat if our defense suddenly turns it around after they are out for the remainder of the season

It's the only thing that will work. 

I don't think Young and Sweat will feel forgotten about it unless WFT makes a run to the playoffs and plays well the whole way. If the back-up DEs collect 3+ sacks in a playoff game, there will certainly be talk. 

I'm hopeful they continue to play well and the DEs collect some sacks to further prove the point that if the system is played effectively, the stats will be there. 

• Like 2

In light of the game Aidan Hutchinson had yesterday,  with 3 sacks, multiple pressures and getting Heisman mentions, I thought I'd take a look at how Chase Dung performed in The Game or any big season ending matches.

In 2019, he netted a fat zero against U of M besides 2 hurries. But I didn't see it, maybe he rested early because it was a blowout?

2018 he had a PD and some tackles. In big 10 title game vs. Lol northwestern he had 3 sacks and 1 vs. Washington. 

In 2019, he didn't do much vs. Clemson or Wisconsin before that.  

Meanwhile, Aidan Hutchinson can lay goose eggs from here on out and will always have his 2021 OSU performance and school record sacks for a season.  

How exactly is chase generational talent when he's not even as good as his fellow alums or a guy coming out two years after him? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

In light of the game Aidan Hutchinson had yesterday,  with 3 sacks, multiple pressures and getting Heisman mentions, I thought I'd take a look at how Chase Dung performed in The Game or any big season ending matches.

In 2019, he netted a fat zero against U of M besides 2 hurries. But I didn't see it, maybe he rested early because it was a blowout?

2018 he had a PD and some tackles. In big 10 title game vs. Lol northwestern he had 3 sacks and 1 vs. Washington. 

In 2019, he didn't do much vs. Clemson or Wisconsin before that.  

Meanwhile, Aidan Hutchinson can lay goose eggs from here on out and will always have his 2021 OSU performance and school record sacks for a season.  

How exactly is chase generational talent when he's not even as good as his fellow alums or a guy coming out two years after him? 

You’ll never be able to pleasure a woman the way Chase Hung can.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Comparing college players like that is silly. Completely different teams, different circumstances etc.

No it's not. Great players show up in big games. 

Maybe not all of them but many of them. Before he was drafted people mentioned the Clemson gene. 

11 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I hope Chase is watching Myles Garrett tonight. Dude just beat a triple block for a sack.

Maxx Crosby too. 

Gosh, the rookie Micah Parsons looks like he has a helluva lot more football IQ and instincts. Glad Parsons isn't here - off the board red flags - but that doesn't change what I am seeing on the field. 

The thing is...if Chase Young could play like Maxx Crosby, he would be the Aaron Donald of DEs: an absolute wrecking ball. But, I see one player that loves football and one loves the money/fame. That's the impression that I get. Heartbreaking stuff, I tell ya. 

It'll be his third year, and Maxx made the huge step in his third. It's put up or shut up time for Young when he returns. 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

No it's not. Great players show up in big games. 

Maybe not all of them but many of them. Before he was drafted people mentioned the Clemson gene. 

How many great players showed up in big college games only to flame out in the pros?

Peyton Manning was crapped on because he couldn't win a big game in college.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Mn, kids out for almost a year and y'all still wanna keep beating on him.

It's just that I watched a highly touted defensive lineman actually make a difference in a historically significant game for his school.  I know every year there can be a guy who is deserving of a top 5 pick, and that's fine. But people were calling Young generational and "can't miss" and almost every year we get highly touted DEs and DTs so I'm trying to figure out what makes him generational as opposed to "the best this year" (which is absolutely fine to say.)

10 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You’ll never be able to pleasure a woman the way Chase Hung can.

Your wife and your mom should know.

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

How many great players showed up in big college games only to flame out in the pros?

Peyton Manning was crapped on because he couldn't win a big game in college.

I actually was going to post that about Manning. It's interesting that you don't see how that, for a QB, proves the point. His talent and intelligence were undeniable, but his inability to win in the big moments lingered on for much of his career. Whereas Brady, who was not as celebrated a college QB, by the time he emerged as starter just showed an undeniable quality in the big moments. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

It's just that I watched a highly touted defensive lineman actually make a difference in a historically significant game for his school.  I know every year there can be a guy who is deserving of a top 5 pick, and that's fine. But people were calling Young generational and "can't miss" and almost every year we get highly touted DEs and DTs so I'm trying to figure out what makes him generational as opposed to "the best this year" (which is absolutely fine to say.)

Your wife and your mom should know.

I’m convinced you and that ggarrison or whatever is the same person. You clearly are taking Chase’s struggles personally and that kind of weird obsessive anger is downright scary.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I’m convinced you and that ggarrison or whatever is the same person. You clearly are taking Chase’s struggles personally and that kind of weird obsessive anger is downright scary.

I dont know that guy personally; but its always good to come across another sage genius of football :)

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2021 at 11:22 AM, PartyPosse said:

I was lurking before I joined and even then I joined back in 2003, the nerve of some youngblood trying to insinuate I'd have a fake profile or that I'm even angry. Using a mocking name isn't angry. You talking about "Chase Hung" just seemed a little strange to me so I put it back on you.  Why would I be angry about Young and how is it obsessive or taking his struggles personally, I barely care about sports at all and only watch bits of games every blue moon.  

Were you on this board when we had Brunell limping around or Jason Candle? You don't remember people who were desperate for us to fire Jay Gruden (me being one of them)? You think this is angry, you wouldn't have survived back then, if you think this is anger or even remotely obsessive. 

Edited by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin
  • Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

I was lurking before I joined and even then I joined back in 2003, the nerve of some youngblood trying to insinuate I'd have a fake profile or that I'm even angry. Using a mocking name isn't angry. You talking about "Chase Hung" just seemed a little strange to me so I put it back on you.  Why would I be angry about Young and how is it obsessive or taking his struggles personally, I barely care about sports at all and only watch bits of games every blue moon.  

Were you on this board when we had Brunell limping around or Jason Candle? You don't remember people who were desperate for us to fire Jay Gruden (me being one of them)? You think this is angry, you wouldn't have survived back then, if you think this is anger or even remotely obsessive. 

Ok, old man.