Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

chase was drafted to be a TJ watt or Nick Bosa type player and he was nowhere to be found in the games he played last year. TJ and Nick are probably getting double teamed as well and still thriving so that argument doesnt make much sense to me. He had pressures but we need more from the #2 overall pick. This season is huge for him, if he performs at the same level as last year I think he should be traded. His value would have dropped at that point  though but still could get something decent for him. Would be a major L tho. Hopefully he plays well, this team cant seem to have nice things so we shall see.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Damn dude. Bump a thread to make a two week old age joke? And at the time I was about 5 years older.

Time is a logarithmic scale (each year seems progressively longer and lonnggerr and lonnngggerrr).  5 years from now when Chase gets injured on the other side, he'll complain just like you.  Of course, he'll be able to afford swanky rehab and a much, much nicer couch.

20 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

My experience is the opposite.

Time flies when you're having fun, not when you're rehabbing.

Seriously, rehabbing sucks.  I had to do it for a spiral fracture in my effyou finger.  After the screws were removed (couple a months), I had almost no range of motion.  Rehab suuuucked.  That was 20 years ago.  If i had to do it today, it'd be even worse.

20 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

My experience is the opposite.

Not only is this your experience, this is the experience of just about every human being alive. Time speeds by. However, I will say---that is if you don't have children.

What I've noted is that with children, the new memories, growth, repetition, and fatigue (at least early) your weeks pass by at breakneck speed but your months are so filled that reflecting back on when he first crawled or walked seems like an age ago.  So you're both right but Dark Acre better have kids or something is wrong with his perception. Or he got that Ben Button disease or sumthin.

and unrelated (to this post)

Chase Dung. Heh.

Edited by Ghost of
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 11:56 AM, Ghost of said:

Not only is this your experience, this is the experience of just about every human being alive. Time speeds by. However, I will say---that is if you don't have children.

What I've noted is that with children, the new memories, growth, repetition, and fatigue (at least early) your weeks pass by at breakneck speed but your months are so filled that reflecting back on when he first crawled or walked seems like an age ago.  So you're both right but Dark Acre better have kids or something is wrong with his perception. Or he got that Ben Button disease or sumthin.

37% THC and a feisty cat.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'll take the "wait and see" approach with Chase Young, because stupid is very hard to fix.  He can start by showing us some knew moves when trying to sack the QB, otherwise, we could really be looking at a potential bust.

There is hope, however, since he decided to attend OTAs this year.  It's not like advertisers are knocking down his door to do more commercials when we consider the trash season he was having before his season-ending injury.

As of today, I am not a fan of Mr. Gotta Make That Money.  I truly would love to be one by season's end.  Not to mention, Chase would defy the odds by showing that every now and then someone comes along who actually can fix stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2
  • Thumb up 2

8 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

I'll take the "wait and see" approach with Chase Young, because stupid is very hard to fix.  He can start by showing us some knew moves when trying to sack the QB, otherwise, we could really be looking at a potential bust.

There is hope, however, since he decided to attend OTAs this year.  It's not like advertisers are knocking down his door to do more commercials when we consider the trash season he was having before his season-ending injury.

As of today, I am not a fan of Mr. Gotta Make That Money.  I truly would love to be one by season's end.  Not to mention, Chase would defy the odds by showing that every now and then someone comes along who actually can fix stupid.

Honestly that whole "time to go out and do a ton of commercials" thing for a rookie is always worrisome to me, because it often doesn't end well. It seemed clear to me that Chase spent most of his last offseason working on his bank account and purely physical conditioning instead of actual technique. Hopefully he learned. 

• Like 5

On 3/30/2022 at 4:55 PM, mistertim said:

Honestly that whole "time to go out and do a ton of commercials" thing for a rookie is always worrisome to me, because it often doesn't end well. It seemed clear to me that Chase spent most of his last offseason working on his bank account and purely physical conditioning instead of actual technique. Hopefully he learned. 

My thing is that I feel like athletes, like most people in general, rarely change. Some learn but most seem set on their path and rarely deviate.

For me I don't even think it's about Chase working on technique. Some things can't be learned, you either have them or you don't. Like RG3 NOT avoiding big hits.

I think Chase has the physicality to be great, but I don't think he has the je ne sais quoi that makes a great player, great. I heard someone on the radio the other day say it's Like Brian Orakpo all over again, and I agree. I thought he flashed at the end of his rookie season but then he disappeared in the playoff game just like he did during his Ohio State National Championship game and it was disappointing. Then he was headed nowhere his sophmore year. I really hope I'm wrong. The good news is I usually am.

• Like 2

He routinely made big plays his rookie season. I'm not gonna kill him for the playoff game, Tom Brady has made a legendary career out of not getting hit and his OL in Tampa is tremendous.

Last year was a big disappointment, but I'm not writing the book on Young just yet. If our offense improves at the rate I believe it will, he'll see a lot more pass rush opportunities and I think he'll bounce back in a big way. 

• Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

My thing is that I feel like athletes, like most people in general, rarely change. Some learn but most seem set on their path and rarely deviate.

For me I don't even think it's about Chase working on technique. Some things can't be learned, you either have them or you don't. Like RG3 NOT avoiding big hits.

I think Chase has the physicality to be great, but I don't think he has the je ne sais quoi that makes a great player, great. I heard someone on the radio the other day say it's Like Brian Orakpo all over again, and I agree. I thought he flashed at the end of his rookie season but then he disappeared in the playoff game just like he did during his Ohio State National Championship game and it was disappointing. Then he was headed nowhere his sophmore year. I really hope I'm wrong. The good news is I usually am.

His rookie year he did stuff that was mind bowling. Remember him literally flying and pulling the RB back at the goal line? That was nuts. Never seen anything like that.

Kid got anointed the king out of the gate and it went to his head for sure. Him and sweat thought they knew everything. The covid division didn't help at all. 

Let's hope he's humbed. He was great, because he listened to his coaches in college and improved. Sounds like he knows he needs to do that again.

He has the tools to be a better all around DE than Courtney Brown. He had a learning curve too.

Let's hope he does it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

His rookie year he did stuff that was mind bowling.

Koolblue 13, this is what Califan007 The Constipated was referring to with the post of Fred Flintstone bowling. 

Looking at Fred Flintstone's otherworldly bowling form, he is literally mind bowling...which is...can I say it?  Mind blowing.

Edited by cakmoney61
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Whoops. Late Sunday night posting. Twas a wonderful weekend. 

I saw it as soon as I read it, so I laughed to myself and kept reading.  But Califan007 turned that lemon into some hilariously good lemonade.😄  It's funny when what we think we have typed isn't, yet our eyes literally see what we wanted to type.

Anyway, I digress.  Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

• Haha 2

On 4/3/2022 at 10:57 PM, Koolblue13 said:

His rookie year he did stuff that was mind bowling. Remember him literally flying and pulling the RB back at the goal line? That was nuts. Never seen anything like that.

Kid got anointed the king out of the gate and it went to his head for sure.

Gotta be honest, I'm not a fan of the parallels, they're eery.

Athletic freak who has some wow plays his rookie year leading to winning rookie of the year for his side of the ball, then certain tendencies that the overall athletic ability were masking start to show some weaknesses in his game and then a major knee injury leaving us all wondering whether he can get back to the same athleticism and fix the flaws that were holding him back from being a superstar.

We all know how the first one ended up, hopefully chase doesn't end up going down the same hole.

• Like 1

As long as Chase and Sweat eat a nice piece of humble pie, I like his chance to rebound.

Dude came in hungry and worked his rookie year, then his head inflated to the size of the sun. To be fair, it was not just him, but Sweat that contributed to this. They were coming into his year two talking about setting sack records, how to deal w/ the vaccine, making money, how they were one of the best edge pairs in the NFL... everything but real football. They came in thinking they had arrived, without actually doing so.

If Young and Sweat can get back on the grindstone, they have both the talent to do damage, and the talent around them to maximize it. We kinda need those two to be our best two players, so I'm pulling for 'em.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2