Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread - Washington vs NY Giants: Round Two. Ding! Ding! Mothaf**kahs!!!

TK
Message added by TK,

1296459415_ScreenShot2022-12-18at11_30_14PM.thumb.png.00b7b0a9cb4052495faf305dc4c24108.png

12 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Man out D-line was non-existent in the pass rush. How did none of them come to play in the biggest game of the season?

Our DL and D in general underperformed on a couple of drives, but they also held the opposing offense to 13 points. If your offense can't pick up that slack, then you know where your biggest problem lies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Our DL and D in general underperformed on a couple of drives, but they also held the opposing offense to 13 points. If your offense can't pick up that slack, then you know where your biggest problem lies.

I am not saying that loss in on the defense or the D-line per se. But this is the strength of our team, this is where we are supposed to dominate and make the difference. If we want to put this loss on someone we got to put it on the offense, 12 points obviously do not cut it in the NFL. But we knew that we can't rely on the offense to score points. We knew that if we want to win, the defense and more specirfically the D-line will have to lead us.

And it's not like it is a tough ask. The Giants have allowed the 4th most sacks, their interior O-line might be the worst in the league, yet we couldn't get anything going against them in the passing game.

The game was won by the Giants D-line. They scored 7 points from a sack-fumble and created another turnover in the redzone. It's their team strength and they made the difference in the most important game of the season.

It's disappointing. And once again, I am not saying that this loss is on them at all, but I had hope that they would come out and dominate.

I haven't been here in years, and I honestly am no longer a fan of this franchise due to the things off the field like the owner and a terrible new name branding / uniforms. But I do still like football, and I decided to check out Sunday Night Football tonight. I was struck by how terrible the officiating was. They were clearly biased against Washington with how they allowed the Giants to mean mug Washington receivers all game long, and took a touchdown off the board for the stupidest of things. 

The officiating was so bad that it compelled me to see what people here were saying about it, which led me to see if my old account still worked. (It does.) 

Edited by JoeKnowsBest
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Drock_VB said:

2 weeks to prepare for this game and to play like that on offense was seriously frustrating.   This bipolar $@$&@ team is so freaking hard to be a fan of. 

That’s the way the offense is always going to work with Heinicke. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Panninho said:

I am not saying that loss in on the defense or the D-line per se. But this is the strength of our team, this is where we are supposed to dominate and make the difference. If we want to put this loss on someone we got to put it on the offense, 12 points obviously do not cut it in the NFL. But we knew that we can't rely on the offense to score points. We knew that if we want to win, the defense and more specirfically the D-line will have to lead us.

And it's not like it is a tough ask. The Giants have allowed the 4th most sacks, their interior O-line might be the worst in the league, yet we couldn't get anything going against them in the passing game.

The game was won by the Giants D-line. They scored 7 points from a sack-fumble and created another turnover in the redzone. It's their team strength and they made the difference in the most important game of the season.

It's disappointing. And once again, I am not saying that this loss is on them at all, but I had hope that they would come out and dominate.

There were a few plays where the Giants had to sit in pass pro for a while where we didn't get pressure.  There was a 4th and 8 or 9 conversion on their only offensive TD drive.  There was a third down conversion on 3rd and long I think their last field goal drive.   Those two plays were about a handful of plays where the Giants went pass pro and just prayed it would hold up.   The rest of the night they were getting rid of the ball fast.   I would say the median time for Jones to get rid of the ball was probably something like 2.3 seconds.  Its hard to get pressure in under 2.5 seconds.  Should we have been more aggressive trying to take away the short underneath routes.  Probably--but there is always a give and take.   But there were a handful of high leverage plays where due to down and distance, the Giants could not just throw a quick 4 or 5 yard pass and in those handful of plays we didn't get home.  Its a game where the D-Line could have had a good game and only got two sacks due to the Giants strategy of getting rid of the ball quickly.  Unfortunately I don't think they got any sacks and you are right, it wasn't a great game.

34 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

When you have 2 weeks to prepare and score 12 points, you deserve to lose.  I don't care about the officiating.  That's crap.  This team doesn't belong in the playoffs.  Just mediocre as always.  

The offense played like crap. Heinicke was awful...he had Samuel wide open and left a floater. An accurate, on time pass, Samuel walks in. He was indecisive as hell and missed open receivers all game. Two lost fumbles cost us 10 points. 

The refs ****ed us harder than a $20 hooker when rent is due, also costing us at least 9 points.

Both can be true.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

1. The defense sucked tonight, plain and simple. Don't ever ask me to come to your games again, you want fans there, make them want to be there. You guys suck, thats your fault, not ours.

2. The refs are horrible, pure garbage. How anyone could watch this league and not think its rigged is beyond me. The addition of gambling only makes everyone think that the game is fixed in some way. I've even seen the spread splashed across the screen on a nationally televised game.

3. I don't know who decides when we punt or goes for two, but fire that person. We should've kicked a FG instead of punting and should've just kicked the FG instead of going to two. 

4. Scott Turner is trash and needs to be fired. I'm now officially calling for this man to be fired and off this team. I heard a barf inducing stat: Brob was getting 7.4 yards a carry...7.4! We only ran him 12 times, instead we ran Samuel up the gut. Get this ****ing fool out of here, we can't score 12 points? Cooper Rush can score 12 points, Mike White can score 12, so can Finley and every other backup. I honestly believe that with the talent we have, the most basic of offensive schemes can result in more than 12 points. The playcalling is the main problem here.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

1. The defense sucked tonight, plain and simple. Don't ever ask me to come to your games again, you want fans there, make them want to be there. You guys suck, thats your fault, not ours.

2. The refs are horrible, pure garbage. How anyone could watch this league and not think its rigged is beyond me. The addition of gambling only makes everyone think that the game is fixed in some way. I've even seen the spread splashed across the screen on a nationally televised game.

3. I don't know who decides when we punt or goes for two, but fire that person. We should've kicked a FG instead of punting and should've just kicked the FG instead of going to two. 

4. Scott Turner is trash and needs to be fired. I'm now officially calling for this man to be fired and off this team. I heard a barf inducing stat: Brob was getting 7.4 yards a carry...7.4! We only ran him 12 times, instead we ran Samuel up the gut. Get this ****ing fool out of here, we can't score 12 points? Cooper Rush can score 12 points, Mike White can score 12, so can Finley and every other backup. I honestly believe that with the talent we have, the most basic of offensive schemes can result in more than 12 points. The playcalling is the main problem here.

I was calling it all night: POWER RUN GAME!

How many of those stupid jet sweep runs to WR did we try that got blown up consistently. My guess is 5 at least.  Those could have been runs by BRob and would’ve been more successful.  The one to Dyami Brown worked, but otherwise it was a disaster.

Turner abandons the run way too quickly for my taste, especially when it’s working. He gets way too cute.

• Like 2

This is mostly just space filler from a guy who isn’t held accountable and hasn’t watched the plays in question yet, but it does make clear that technically the ref is under no obligation to confirm for McLaurin that he’s lined up properly. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

This is mostly just space filler from a guy who isn’t held accountable and hasn’t watched the plays in question yet, but it does make clear that technically the ref is under no obligation to confirm for McLaurin that he’s lined up properly

those answers are awful. Samuel is being tackled from behind in the end zone. The guy was in a piggy back position I mean come on. 

also - this idea the refs aren’t obligated to assist with the WR’a lining up goes against anything I’ve ever heard from receivers. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, mistertim said:

I really don't care if it's Wentz or Heinicke. But that being said, what exactly is Wentz going to do so much worse than TH? Is he going to lead us to 11 points instead of 12?

Well, in Wentz last 4 starts, we scored a total of 47 points....that's an average of 11.75.  :) 

Edited by FLSkinz83
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

That’s the way the offense is always going to work with Heinicke. 

Facts.  There is a ceiling on how many points a Heinicke-led offense can score.  As a result, virtually every game is going to be a dog fight if the defense plays well enough and the bottom line is they held the Giants offense to 13 points.  Which ended up being more than a Heinicke-led offense could overcome. 

Admittedly, they would have scored more were it not for the refs.

51 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

How many times did Taylor kill a drive by handing off instead of keeping it, even after the first one yielded a very positive result?

I actually saw people saying Heinicke played well. If they actually think he played well, they will defend him until they die, because he was ****ing terrible.

• Like 3